“A modern hotel 20 years ago”

Ranked #329 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Blonay, Switzerland
“A modern hotel 20 years ago”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I really had a bad experience! Room are not of a standing acceptable for a 5 stars hotel. I had a chance to have the possibility to upgrade my room compares to others of my colleagues. But bed was really uncomfortable. Heating doesn't go correctly and it is really noisy. Yesterday night, we had dinner in the restaurant on 28th floor which is quite correct compares to the general standing of this hotel. We have charge the room but 10minutes later somebody call in my room saying that I have to go downstairs immediately because of we had spent more than the extra charged with our credit card! I asked if it was possible to send us somebody but she answer me that it was really urgent I go downstairs. It was midnight! You can imagine that all this was not possible to ask in the morning? Really my bad experience in London and with Hilton.

Room Tip: If you have to go don't accept to stay in a standard deluxe room choose higher floors
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank agnesfoure
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am most sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction, and I must apologise for your experiences regarding the bed, the heating, and the billing from Galvin at Windows restaurant.

We do take such matters very seriously. In order that I may investigate further, please do e-mail me at david.gerrard@hilton.com and I will be able to find your booking and inform the appropriate departments.

Thank you very much once again for your constructive feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

London Hilton on Park Lane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
U.K.
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I've stayed in the vast majority Hilton hotels across London (on both business and pleasure) and I have to say that the Park Lane has been the best experience yet. The staff were all extremely friendly and the room we were allocated was perfect. Located on the 24th floor and with fantastic views over central London. Check-in was busy but we were dealt with speedily and efficiently.

The hotel is in a great location and only a few minutes walk away from the Tube station and ideally placed for many of the most popular London landmarks. There is an abundance of taxis permanently located directly outside the hotel so you will never be stuck for transport options.

We only ate in the Hotel's Executive Lounge for breakfast. The breakfast was of a good standard with lots on offer.

We liked the hotel so much that I have just booked up for another weekend stay in a few months time. I am hoping that it will just be as pleasurable as the stay we had first time around.

So, to the Hilton Park Lane, thanks!

Both my wife and I are look forward to staying with you again in May.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floored room - no matter which side of the building you are on you should have a grea...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am most pleased to read that after staying at a number of Hilton properties here in London, your stay at the London Hilton on Park Lane has been such a positive one. We pride ourselves on providing the true Hilton experience, and it is clear from what you have said that this is truly what you have received.

If you have any special requests regarding your upcoming stay, please do contact either reservations.parklane@hilton.com or myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We arrived to be told our room was ready, uum excellent I thought but we soon found out why, we were on the 5th floor of 28 with a view of the air ventilation system and a pneumatic drill serenading us. We asked if it was going to be all weekend to be told it was until six (on which day)
Nobody knows!!!! We were promptly moved to a twin room romantic, they sorted that on the third request. We then had a good night out at the Dorchester, we woke for breakfast it was slow, we queued, no teaspoons, Luke warm tea and hard poached eggs, tip you must ask for poached eggs to be soft not hard like boled eggs apparently according to the eastern European waitress who was quite rude not worth 27 quid for breakfast. 5 star it wasn't overall disappointing, oh no complimentary water either for five star either or face cloths but I took my own which they borrowed off me for the weekend and I assume they will return to me !!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We didn't book our room as it was done via my husbands company secretary but if I to stay again...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank G D
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 21 February 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very sorry to hear that on this occasion your stay did not live up to your expectations. While I am pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you upon your early arrival, as the room was not to your satisfaction this gesture was moot, and then to have the second room assigned be a twin is particularly aggravating.

You have mentioned as well that the breakfast was not to your liking in relation to neither the service nor the items provided. In addition, you have said that your washcloths were mistakenly taken with the hotel toiletries and not returned, and I must apologise for this.

In order that you may advise me of the dates you have stayed so that I may follow up accordingly with the appropriate departments, or if you plan a future stay and would like us to note the booking with a High Floor request, please do contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com and I will be more than happy to assist you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We booked a table for 4 for afternoon Tea. The Hotel had been highly recommended by some friends and I must say the whole experience exceeded our expectations, from the staff to the delights of afternoon Tea treats! Have to congratulate the Head chef for perfect delights!
Thank you for a fantastic afternoon.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Franco I
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to hear that your Afternoon Tea experience has exceeded your expectations, both in regards to the service received and the pastries and other items on offer. I have made sure to advise the team of your kind words, and they are very pleased that you have had such a great afternoon.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I have stayed on many hotels but this hotel has made a huge impression on me and I can't wait to come back.

EVERY member of staff went over and beyond to make this a memorable experience.

We checked in early but unfortunately the table in our room was damaged. Normally I wouldn't mention this but I felt we had paid a lot for the room so we mentioned it to the front desk who dealt with it in minutes. We was moved up to a deluxe king on the 14th floor and all I can say is.... Wow! It really is a room with a view.

We had cocktails at sunset at Galvin at windows on the 28th floor and it was breathtaking. Not the cheapest drinks but worth every penny.

Confessions of a chocoholic afternoon tea was also lovely. I would still say the mad hatters afternoon tea at the Sanderson is my personal favourite but I can't fault the food or service. We also had breakfast in the podium and I would say this is one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. We used room service during our stay and it was also fantastic. To be honest I can't fault the food, service, reception or concierge. Wesley on reception definitely stands out but everyone was first class.

I don't normally think the hotel could make a trip. It's nice to stay in a good hotel but its a base and somewhere to sleep. This hotel has totally changed my opinion. This hotel and staff made our weekend. I could easily stay here and not even leave the hotel. Can't wait to return. Thank you so much.

Room Tip: It's worth paying the extra for a deluxe room.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent review and stay.

I am so happy to hear that on this recent stay we have made such a positive impression on you. Particularly the final paragraph you have provided, which I have brought to the attention of all during our weekly meetings. It is fantastic to think that we have had such an impact on your stay, and this is exactly the sort of experience that we want our valued guests to be able to treasure forever. You have mentioned my colleague Wesley in particular, and he was touched by your kind words.

Thank you very much once again, and please do contact reservations.parklane@hilton.com or myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com when you plan a return and we will be more than happy to assist you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I was lucky enough to win two nights at the Hilton Park Lane Hotel in London. Because I won this I cannot comment on price but stayed in an Executive Room with breakfast and access to the executive day suite. The room was barely lit when I entered with curtains open in the evening which displayed perfectly the view over Mayfair, Hyde Park and the whole of London - absolutely stunning from this 22nd floor bedroom. I was lucky to be given cakes, water and fresh fruit in my room, but I have to say, even if you were paying for the deal the luxury involved and service would be first class. Everywhere naturally is spotless. The breakfast is very varied, however I must say on the second morning at the busiest times people were queuing for a table, so it would be best to avoid those times, although if having an executive room you can eat in the executive day room. I ate once in the Podium Restaurant, about a five or six set course meal which cost about £44, so reasonable for a five star hotel and excellent food. I didn't try the Trader Vic Restaurant as I'm not into Thai style food but I did notice that looked a bit expensive. There's also a Michilin starred restaurant on the 28th floor and outside bank holidays did a set course for about £35 and £45, which would be worth exploring with a view like that. This was at the side of the cocktail bar, again on the 28th floor.
Service throughout those two nights and days was impeccable! Best to book for all restaurants though. Two spacious lounges in the executive day suite with fruit, cakes, and non-alcoholic drinks available and high tea, all included in your executive room bill, so if you think you may need a set up like that it would be worth booking. Shame no swimming pool, however, ladies and mens hairdressing looked inviting and I tried the sauna and steam rooms, which were excellent. I would certainly go again, if you want polite, impeccable service, this is your hotel!

Room Tip: If you can get a room as near to the 26th floor then do as you will never forget the view, however a...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Wonderful270
Thank you very much for your recent review.

First off, congratulations on your prize! I am very happy that you have had such a nice time here with us on your winning stay, and that everything was so to your liking. I am particularly happy that the service you have received has been impeccable, as that is exactly the level of service that we strive to provide.

Thank you very much once again, and please do reach out to us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com or to myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com when you plan a return visit to the London Hilton on Park Lane.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Really enjoyed staying here, the bedoom & Bathroom with tub/shower was very comfortable with an incredible View of London! Luxury Bedding with duvet. The Service by everyone in this Hotel including the Reception, Restaurant & Conciege was First Class - very polite & helpful.
Breakfast was plentiful with a good choice of hot & cold buffet dishes. Coffee or tea choices served at your table. Hope to visit again in the future.

Room Tip: Bedrooms have either city or park views.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your recent review.

I am very happy to hear that your stay with us has been so fabulous. We pride ourselves on our professional and attentive team at the London Hilton on Park Lane, and it is great to hear that the hard work of my colleagues has paid off.

Thank you very much once again, and please do contact either our reservations department at reservations.parklane@hilton.com or myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com when you are thinking about returning and we will be more than happy to assist you.