“Quality 5* Property”

GreenLeadersSilver level
northern ireland
“Quality 5* Property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Easy to find from Hyde Park Corner Tube Station, look up and its the tallest building around. We arrived early into a most impressive lobby area. Check-in was smooth with extremely helpful staff, who even took the trouble to walk around show us to the lifts and gave a demo on how to operate their high tech features. Upgraded to 23rd floor executive floor.
Room itself was gorgeous, with amazing views over London to Battersea and right down on Buckingham Palace. Electrically operated blinds, James Bond style from your bed, with high end bathroom.
Executive lounge offered good range of snacks and drinks, we then had cocktails in Galvin at Windows, high end bar on the 28th floor.
Excellent breakfast, with good range of cooked buffet, eggs to order and healthy eating.
Really enjoyed my stay, very difficult to find fault with this hotel.

1 Thank JAMES m
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent review, stay, and lovely photos.

I am so pleased to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay, and that every aspect of your visit was so to your liking. We pride ourselves on the level of hospitality we provide, and I am most happy to hear that you have had such a great time here with us.

Thank you very much once again, and if you do plan a return visit please do contact us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com or reach myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com and we will be most happy to assist you.

London Hilton on Park Lane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (740)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

I have just returned home after a totally wonderful stay at the Hilton Park lane. On arrival we were upgraded to a beautful suite on the 26th floor with the most fantastic views of London we had ever seen. The bed was huge and very comfortable. We had dinner in Galvins which lived up to my very high expectations after everything we had heard about it. The postcards that you are given to send with the view are a very nice touch ( they stamp and post them for you, great bit of marketing ) and the service was friendly , professional and unobtrusive. Breakfast the next morning was also good with the best hotel scrambled egg I think that I have ever had. Great location with easy access to everywhere . I look forward to coming back again one day. Thank you Hilton team .

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to hear that you have had such a wonderful time with us here for your husband's birthday at the London Hilton on Park Lane. We always try to go the extra mile for special occasions such as this, and I am very happy that our efforts have paid off in such a way.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and please do reach out to us at either reservations.parklane@hilton.com or myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com to enquire about any future bookings.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

Our room was ready early and the reception staff were very helpful and friendly! Congratulated us on our 4 year anniversary but sadly no upgrade for us which we had hoped for as we read of many free upgrades on trip advisor! Then to rub it in abit our room was next door to the park lane suite lol cheers!! :) room was very clean and neat, we went shopping and returned to a bowl of fruit, strawberry dessert, water and a welcome card which was a nice touch! After returning from dinner we decided to grab a quick drink before returning to the room! We ventured up to the bar on the 26th floor (I think) and it came across as very snobby and pretentious! We was told wear to sit rather than find a nice spot! Waitress gave us a menu and we waited over 25 mins to be served as she seemed to focus all her attention on 2 other groups of people giggling and flirting along the way! Once we ordered again we waited 10 mins for our drinks to arrive. We finished our drinks and swiftly asked for the bill! £20 for a beer and non alcoholic cocktail which bad service! Never again! Waitress took payment with no please or thank you! Was going to give the hotel a 5 star review until I went into that bar! If you don't want to surrounded by people who think they are gods avoid it! Overall the hotel itself is lovely and the reception staff very friendly

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank LTCSUK
Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to hear that you have chosen to stay with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane for your 4th anniversary, and that you have enjoyed the amenities that we have provided in this regard. That being said, I must apologise for your experience at our Galvin at Windows bar. This is not the level of service that Galvin's is known for, and I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate members of management for them to investigate this further.

Thank you very much once again for reaching out to us with your feedback, and I do hope to have you with us again in the future.

Blonay, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

I really had a bad experience! Room are not of a standing acceptable for a 5 stars hotel. I had a chance to have the possibility to upgrade my room compares to others of my colleagues. But bed was really uncomfortable. Heating doesn't go correctly and it is really noisy. Yesterday night, we had dinner in the restaurant on 28th floor which is quite correct compares to the general standing of this hotel. We have charge the room but 10minutes later somebody call in my room saying that I have to go downstairs immediately because of we had spent more than the extra charged with our credit card! I asked if it was possible to send us somebody but she answer me that it was really urgent I go downstairs. It was midnight! You can imagine that all this was not possible to ask in the morning? Really my bad experience in London and with Hilton.

Room Tip: If you have to go don't accept to stay in a standard deluxe room choose higher floors
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank agnesfoure
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am most sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction, and I must apologise for your experiences regarding the bed, the heating, and the billing from Galvin at Windows restaurant.

We do take such matters very seriously. In order that I may investigate further, please do e-mail me at david.gerrard@hilton.com and I will be able to find your booking and inform the appropriate departments.

Thank you very much once again for your constructive feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

U.K.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

I've stayed in the vast majority Hilton hotels across London (on both business and pleasure) and I have to say that the Park Lane has been the best experience yet. The staff were all extremely friendly and the room we were allocated was perfect. Located on the 24th floor and with fantastic views over central London. Check-in was busy but we were dealt with speedily and efficiently.

The hotel is in a great location and only a few minutes walk away from the Tube station and ideally placed for many of the most popular London landmarks. There is an abundance of taxis permanently located directly outside the hotel so you will never be stuck for transport options.

We only ate in the Hotel's Executive Lounge for breakfast. The breakfast was of a good standard with lots on offer.

We liked the hotel so much that I have just booked up for another weekend stay in a few months time. I am hoping that it will just be as pleasurable as the stay we had first time around.

So, to the Hilton Park Lane, thanks!

Both my wife and I are look forward to staying with you again in May.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floored room - no matter which side of the building you are on you should have a grea...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am most pleased to read that after staying at a number of Hilton properties here in London, your stay at the London Hilton on Park Lane has been such a positive one. We pride ourselves on providing the true Hilton experience, and it is clear from what you have said that this is truly what you have received.

If you have any special requests regarding your upcoming stay, please do contact either reservations.parklane@hilton.com or myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Preston, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

We arrived to be told our room was ready, uum excellent I thought but we soon found out why, we were on the 5th floor of 28 with a view of the air ventilation system and a pneumatic drill serenading us. We asked if it was going to be all weekend to be told it was until six (on which day)
Nobody knows!!!! We were promptly moved to a twin room romantic, they sorted that on the third request. We then had a good night out at the Dorchester, we woke for breakfast it was slow, we queued, no teaspoons, Luke warm tea and hard poached eggs, tip you must ask for poached eggs to be soft not hard like boled eggs apparently according to the eastern European waitress who was quite rude not worth 27 quid for breakfast. 5 star it wasn't overall disappointing, oh no complimentary water either for five star either or face cloths but I took my own which they borrowed off me for the weekend and I assume they will return to me !!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We didn't book our room as it was done via my husbands company secretary but if I to stay again...
4 Thank G D
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very sorry to hear that on this occasion your stay did not live up to your expectations. While I am pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you upon your early arrival, as the room was not to your satisfaction this gesture was moot, and then to have the second room assigned be a twin is particularly aggravating.

You have mentioned as well that the breakfast was not to your liking in relation to neither the service nor the items provided. In addition, you have said that your washcloths were mistakenly taken with the hotel toiletries and not returned, and I must apologise for this.

In order that you may advise me of the dates you have stayed so that I may follow up accordingly with the appropriate departments, or if you plan a future stay and would like us to note the booking with a High Floor request, please do contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com and I will be more than happy to assist you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

We booked a table for 4 for afternoon Tea. The Hotel had been highly recommended by some friends and I must say the whole experience exceeded our expectations, from the staff to the delights of afternoon Tea treats! Have to congratulate the Head chef for perfect delights!
Thank you for a fantastic afternoon.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Franco I

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to hear that your Afternoon Tea experience has exceeded your expectations, both in regards to the service received and the pastries and other items on offer. I have made sure to advise the team of your kind words, and they are very pleased that you have had such a great afternoon.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you back with us in the future.