“Brilliant hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Brilliant hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

Check in process very quick and informative, thank you to Wesley.

Posh, smart lobby, very welcoming open plan with plenty of staff on hand to accommodate any requests.

Room itself was great, view out of the window was just magnificent, this hotel is so well positioned, and being on 14th floor too was just such a bonus. Nicely designed rooms, with modern contents. Bathroom very nice, and in general just really well thought out.

Television remote in 1422 bit temperamental, and hot chocolate on tea tray may be welcome too.

Breakfast service was organised, well staffed, delicious tasting, and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 8 March 2013

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very pleased to hear that you have had such an enjoyable time here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane. As you have mentioned, the views that we are able to provide are one-of-a-kind, and I am very happy that yo uhave been able to enjoy them so. You have mentioned my colleague Wesley as having been particularly helpful, and I will certainly make sure that your kind words are made known to him.

Thank you very much once again, and if you plan a return visit please do reach out to us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com or myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com with any enquiries.

London Hilton on Park Lane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Europe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my lovely husband! The first room we were allocated was on the 5th floor! It was shabby and freezing, air con/heater only warmed bathroom and entrance, bedroom was freezing! Hate to say I had to complain but 2x rang re heating and on 3rd occasion we were actually acknowledged by night duty manager! To be fair he was lovely and offered us another room for the night but as it was past midnight we agreed to stay if he provided us with an ancillary heater! After eventually settling into bed at 1 am there was a knock at the door and two members of staff were insistent that we had ordered another bed for our room??????
Breakfast next day.... Usual 4* fayre, but all lukewarm!! Can understand some laxity due to over average occupancy in hotel but what I do I object to is the lack of dress code policy in dining room. I don't think it is acceptable for people wearing their outdoor attire to serve themselves with food! Sleeves from dirty overcoats and ski gloves not good!!!!
Room was upgraded to 10th floor, very nice... However curtain track and curtain fell on top of me when drawn....! Turndown service is provided only if requested, please take note as it is not in hotel guidebook! Anyway curtain track was fixed promptly! Just have to laugh thank goodness we have a great sense of humour! Sorry but we won't stay here again! Great location, staff lovely, but hotel is not 5 star anymore and is still living on its past reputation!!

3 Thank Medicma3
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

While I am pleased to hear that our location was so to your liking and our staff provided you with appropriate service, I am very sorry to hear that on this occasion you have not had a satisfactory stay here with us. The levels of heating in the hotel should always be to your liking, particularly over these winter months, and I very much regret that the curtain rail and curtain did fall while you were in the room.

In order for me to investigate these matters further, please do contact me directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com and I will forward your information to the appropriate members of management to follow up.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

My girlfriend and I have just stayed at the Hilton on Park Lane. Check in was a quick and easy process. To find out our room was on the 22nd floor was a lovely surprise. When we opened the door to our room we were greeted to a beautiful city view over looking the whole of London. This view came alive in the night with the London Eye at the forefront. The hotel is central to the whole of London. It was a quick walk away from Green Park tube and Hyde Park Corner.
The staff do an excellent job. They go the extra mile and make the stay one to be remembered. Even though the hotel was busy with many people staying and events, the staff always had the time to help.
I would highly recommend this hotel to those who wish to have the best views of London, to be assured of 5 star service and be located in the heart of London. I have full confidence that I will be returning to this hotel in the near future.

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so happy to hear that you have had a fantastic time here with us, and that our staff have provided you with such a memorable stay. Our city views are certainly a highlight, with certain rooms having a view of both the London Eye and the Palace of Westminster.

Thank you very much once again, and please do contact us either at reservations.parklane@hilton.com or david.gerrard@hilton.com with any enquiries going forward.

northern ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Easy to find from Hyde Park Corner Tube Station, look up and its the tallest building around. We arrived early into a most impressive lobby area. Check-in was smooth with extremely helpful staff, who even took the trouble to walk around show us to the lifts and gave a demo on how to operate their high tech features. Upgraded to 23rd floor executive floor.
Room itself was gorgeous, with amazing views over London to Battersea and right down on Buckingham Palace. Electrically operated blinds, James Bond style from your bed, with high end bathroom.
Executive lounge offered good range of snacks and drinks, we then had cocktails in Galvin at Windows, high end bar on the 28th floor.
Excellent breakfast, with good range of cooked buffet, eggs to order and healthy eating.
Really enjoyed my stay, very difficult to find fault with this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JAMES m
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent review, stay, and lovely photos.

I am so pleased to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay, and that every aspect of your visit was so to your liking. We pride ourselves on the level of hospitality we provide, and I am most happy to hear that you have had such a great time here with us.

Thank you very much once again, and if you do plan a return visit please do contact us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com or reach myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com and we will be most happy to assist you.

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

I have just returned home after a totally wonderful stay at the Hilton Park lane. On arrival we were upgraded to a beautful suite on the 26th floor with the most fantastic views of London we had ever seen. The bed was huge and very comfortable. We had dinner in Galvins which lived up to my very high expectations after everything we had heard about it. The postcards that you are given to send with the view are a very nice touch ( they stamp and post them for you, great bit of marketing ) and the service was friendly , professional and unobtrusive. Breakfast the next morning was also good with the best hotel scrambled egg I think that I have ever had. Great location with easy access to everywhere . I look forward to coming back again one day. Thank you Hilton team .

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to hear that you have had such a wonderful time with us here for your husband's birthday at the London Hilton on Park Lane. We always try to go the extra mile for special occasions such as this, and I am very happy that our efforts have paid off in such a way.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and please do reach out to us at either reservations.parklane@hilton.com or myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com to enquire about any future bookings.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

Our room was ready early and the reception staff were very helpful and friendly! Congratulated us on our 4 year anniversary but sadly no upgrade for us which we had hoped for as we read of many free upgrades on trip advisor! Then to rub it in abit our room was next door to the park lane suite lol cheers!! :) room was very clean and neat, we went shopping and returned to a bowl of fruit, strawberry dessert, water and a welcome card which was a nice touch! After returning from dinner we decided to grab a quick drink before returning to the room! We ventured up to the bar on the 26th floor (I think) and it came across as very snobby and pretentious! We was told wear to sit rather than find a nice spot! Waitress gave us a menu and we waited over 25 mins to be served as she seemed to focus all her attention on 2 other groups of people giggling and flirting along the way! Once we ordered again we waited 10 mins for our drinks to arrive. We finished our drinks and swiftly asked for the bill! £20 for a beer and non alcoholic cocktail which bad service! Never again! Waitress took payment with no please or thank you! Was going to give the hotel a 5 star review until I went into that bar! If you don't want to surrounded by people who think they are gods avoid it! Overall the hotel itself is lovely and the reception staff very friendly

1 Thank LTCSUK
Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to hear that you have chosen to stay with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane for your 4th anniversary, and that you have enjoyed the amenities that we have provided in this regard. That being said, I must apologise for your experience at our Galvin at Windows bar. This is not the level of service that Galvin's is known for, and I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate members of management for them to investigate this further.

Thank you very much once again for reaching out to us with your feedback, and I do hope to have you with us again in the future.

Blonay, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

I really had a bad experience! Room are not of a standing acceptable for a 5 stars hotel. I had a chance to have the possibility to upgrade my room compares to others of my colleagues. But bed was really uncomfortable. Heating doesn't go correctly and it is really noisy. Yesterday night, we had dinner in the restaurant on 28th floor which is quite correct compares to the general standing of this hotel. We have charge the room but 10minutes later somebody call in my room saying that I have to go downstairs immediately because of we had spent more than the extra charged with our credit card! I asked if it was possible to send us somebody but she answer me that it was really urgent I go downstairs. It was midnight! You can imagine that all this was not possible to ask in the morning? Really my bad experience in London and with Hilton.

Room Tip: If you have to go don't accept to stay in a standard deluxe room choose higher floors