We stayed here for three nights as part of the Pittsburgh Steelers charter tour when the team was playing the Minnesota Vikings at Wembley Stadium. The trip was about 30 minutes from Heathrow Airport (we arrived to check in around 8:30 PM at night) and it took at most 5 minutes to get checked in and settled into our room. We were on the 13th floor (1352 I believe was our room number) and we had panoramic views of the city which were amazing. The room also had a window seat where you could lay down and read and look out at the entire city. The first night we ordered room service and they brought us extra fruit and desserts on top of what we had ordered (very nice touch by room service.) Breakfast was included with our tour package and the food was good (it was buffet style the days we were in there.) We had a wonderful waitress that would bring my wife Americano's (even to go) once she saw us without having to ask.
The room itself was very clean and well appointed. I believe they call it a Deluxe King. We had plenty of room to stretch out with all our bags and clothes coming over from the US. I can compare it to the Savoy (which we spent a week at after leaving the Hilton) and this room was easily twice to three times the size of our room there (after we told the manager at the Savoy how much nicer our room at the Hilton was they did move us to a suite there but that's for another review entirely!)
The area is very close to Hyde Park and you can certainly get a fill of London just by leaving the hotel and walking over past the Intercontinental to the square where quite a few of the monuments are (Australian Memorial, Bomber Memorial, etc.) I would say we walked from the hotel to Buckingham Palace in 15-20 minutes tops. I wouldn't say it's as centrally located as the Savoy was (on the Strand) but it certainly is a good starting point for a nice walk throughout the city.
Checking out was also a breeze and they were very helpful in terms of taking care of our bags and getting us setup with transportation over to the Savoy. We were a bit sad to leave and would stay here again without a thought.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Mayfair, the London Hilton on Park Lane is close to all that London has to offer, whether it's musicals and theatres or world famous landmarks. Soaring high above the city streets, the hotel is famed for its unparalleled five star luxury. With 453 spacious guest rooms, including 56 suites, there is something to suit every taste. Meanwhile, the five bars and restaurants remain destinations in themselves, offering something for every taste, including our Michelin-starred restaurant Galvin at Windows and trendy nightclub Whisky Mist at Zeta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your London Hilton on Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London Hilton On Park Lane Hotel London
- Hilton Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- Hilton London
- Hilton Park Lane