“Still average”

Ranked #341 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel as part of a larger business group. Indeed, the location is great. But the hotel has been ageing even if staff try their best to cope.

When I checked in, the room I got actually smelt bad. They had tried to mask the smell with air freshener but that made it worse. I do not know why they didn't take that room offline until they rectified the problem. After due apologies, they gave me another room, which was OK. When I visited the gym, it too smelt stale. These smells are typical of an older hotel that has a very high occupancy.

The executive lounge is strangely designed. The reception for the lounge is situated out of the line of sight of the entrance, which may be OK if the access card system at the entrance worked well. I had to get my key card changed twice (the card worked for my room door) before I gained entry on my 3rd attempt with a staff in tow to ensure I do not have to make a 4th attempt.

All this is tiring and not worthy of a Mayfair property.

Room Tip: Check that the room is ok before moving in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear KT785,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

While I am very happy to read that for yourself, our location was great, and that the final room that you have received was very positive, I must apologise for the concerns that you have raised regarding an odor in the room, and for having to have your card reprogrammed on multiple occasions. I have raised these comments to our Enginerring team, and they shall investigate as a matter of priority.

I am particularly sorry to read that you have had this experience as a TripAdvisor Top Contributor. As a Top Contributor, you have enjoyed properties all over the world, and you know the level of quality that you should expect from a property such as ourselves.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, and I do hope that you have a positive stay during your next Hilton visit.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I always enjoy my stay at this Hilton. The staff is very friendly starting from the time you are dropped off by the cab driver until the time you enter your room. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone. It may not be the ideal hotel for families, but great for business travelers. Regardless your purpose, it's a great place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear James D,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very happy to read that you always enjoy your stays with us, and that our team are friendly from start to finish. This is exactly the sort of experience that we want for our guests, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Well, what can I say other than from the moment you walk through the doors at the London Hilton on Park Lane you are made to feel very special! I stayed in room 2521 for 2 nights from 1/11/13-3/11/13 and everything from the moment I arrived to the moment I checked out was simply flawless! The day I arrived I was booked in Galvins restaurant (28th floor) for lunch so I arrived at the hotel 2 hours earlier than the check in time but was immediately told it was no problem at all and that my room was ready. The room was beautiful with views of London that were simply breathtaking!

Lunch was sublime with service that was second to none without being overpowering. So much much so that from arriving at Galvins at 2pm we were still there at nearly midnight. We just didn't want to leave such a beautiful restaurant and bar with stunning views of London.

The bar underneath the Hotel (Trader Vic's) was also a refreshing oasis of casual Hawaiian type bar with great cocktails being served with attentive and courtious staff. Whether its haute crusine with a 5* bar (Galvins) or a fun place with interesting cocktails, music and snacks (Trader Vic's) this Hotel has it all.

The bed in my room was also the most comfortable I've ever slept in with excellent climate control and black out curtains with electrically operated blinds in the room.

There's a famous saying that says nowhere can be all things to all people but in my opinion, The London Hilton on Park Lane is exactly that. I will never stop anywhere else when visiting this great city, and I've stopped in many 5* Hotels.

PLEASE can I move in?!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor as the views are magnificent.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear RJV1989,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to read such a complimentary and full-featured review! It really sounds as though you were able to visit every area in the hotel, and greatly enjoyed them all. It is always our ultimate goal to provide a perfect stay to our valued guests, and it certain reads as though we succeeded with yourself!

Regarding your request to move in, please do contact us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and we will be happy to have you here with us any time!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have just returned from celebrating my 75th birthday with a stay at the the Hilton Park Lane .
I was personally greeted by the hotel manager James and wished a happy birthday, that put me in a good frame of mind to start with !
All of the staff in the hotel were extremely friendly and efficient for the whole of our stay . The rooms were immaculately clean and the breakfast a gastronomic delight !
This is an absolutely first class hotel ,so if you want to spoil yourself for a day you should give it a visit.

Well done and thanks Hilton Park Lane !!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the City of London had the best views and were very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Raimondo 2013,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I would like to join James in wishing you a happy 75th, and I am so glad that you were able to spend this special event here with us.

When you do plan a return, please do reach out to us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and we will be more than happy to have you with us again.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Hotel is situated on Park Lane opposite Hyde Park 20 minutes away from St Pancras railway station. Welcoming doormen an d luggage porters. Checkin : long queue , I heard nobody's room was ready, neither ours. Receptionist said to return and come back after a few hours. So we did at 6 PM. and went to our room by the sofisticated elevator system : point on the touch screen in front of the elevators your floor and the screen says which elevator to take.
Room is decent in size with dominating a great window with amazing views over London. There is a working desk with several international electrical sockets to load your mobile or computer. Wifi is 20 pound a day but good. There is a flatscreen TV , airco (rather noisy), but you can open the window for 10 cm. Rooms are good soundproof. On the side of the wardrobe you find a hairdryer, slippers, below there is a safe, and minibar. Under the minibar you find a whine bottle , sweets , nuts and the Hilton comfort pack (blue box) with sanitary goods in in case you forgot them. You should know never to move those things (minibar and beneath) otherwhise they appear on your bill!
There is a nice seating area in front of the window and also a relaxing chair.
Bathroom is OK with rainshower and bath and aminities, towels bathrobes etc. One day we received no face washers which after called to housekeeping was not solved. Rooms are clean but furniture , carpet and curtains look a bit dated.
Breakfast can you take when you have executive floor room in executive lounge (first floor) as well as afternoon tea from 3 to 5 PM.
Checkout is fast because you receive your last day a fast checkout bill so you can control before leaving.
A good place to stay, correct price setting, ,very good located for sightseeing, museum,shopping, business...
Views from room are spectacular : see London skyline changing day and night. Overall there is somewhat a lack of athmosphere in the hotel but taking account all the positive elements this is only a detail.

Room Tip: Choose executive room on higher floor, away from elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank omc59

Dear omc59,

Thank you very much for your detailed review.

I am very happy to read that, despite certain concerns that you have raised regarding the toiletries in the room and regarding the overall atmosphere, you have had a great stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane. It sounds like you have received one of our rooms with a view towards the center of London, which is a gorgeous view especially at night with the city lights.

Thank you very much again for your review, and whe nyou plan a return please do contact us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I received a small, expensive room, courtesy of the special rate for my meeting. In addition to gouging on the room cost, Hilton gouged me £75 for 4 days of spotty internet service. Ouch… The common areas of the hotel were pleasant overall, although the "enter your floor before entering lift" elevator service was annoying.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Ross P

Dear Ross P,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that on the whole you have had a nice stay.

In regards to the internet, it is the case that we do charge £75 for 5 days of unlimited internet usage in your room and the hotel. However, I am concerned about your comment about spotty service, and will be raising this with our wireless provider, particularly as we have very recently refurbished and improved the service throughout the property.

The lifts system, whereby you select your floor on a touch-screen outside of the lift rather than on the inside, ensures that you receive the fastest lift to travel to your particular floor out of the four lifts available. While unorthodox, this system is catching on in large multi-storey buildings such as ours as it provides fast lift service without the possibility of one lift carrying all of the passenger load.

Thank you very much once again for your review, and if you do plan a return visit please do contact us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and we will be happy to assist you.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

The hotel is very well located in front of Hyde Park.

Maybe it is my bias coming from Asia, but was quite surprised by the very poor quality of service of most of the staff at the hotel. The buffet had very limited vegetarian options, and even a slight diversion (I had requested for chopped onions with the red beans), which they flatly refused as it was not in the buffet. Many a times when I requested for something, I was told where to go and fetch it rather than an offer that 'Sir, I shall bring it for you'.

For check out, my flight was late and they extended my check out time till 2pm. I had requested for another hour if possible as it would help my meetings schedule, which they flatly refused although they had availability, and said there would be an extra charge.

Basically, my entire experience with the hotel was not good due to the service. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Hilton_ParkLane, Public Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear MikhilSinghi,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

First and foremost, I am sorry to read that while our location was so convenient for you, certain aspects of the service were not to your satisfaction. As you have stated, rather than people told where to go to receive a particular item, it would have been more appropriate for the item to have been brought to you, and I will ensure that the team is made aware of your feedback.

Regarding the late check-out, while the usual check-out time is 12pm, and generally a later check-out does incur a cost, I am pleased that the team was able to provide you with an additional two hours in the room on a complimentary basis.

Thank you very much once again for your review, and please do contact reservations.parklane@hilton.com with any further enquiries.