“Once again Amazing”

London Hilton on Park Lane
Ranked #339 of 1,073 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I really cannot recommend this amazing hotel enough.I visited with my husband and son a week before christmas for one night. You enter this hotel and it has a special feel to it, the atmosphere, the lovely cinnamon christmas smell, the gorgeous christmas tree, the friendly concierge.The check in was quick,and very efficient, and all with a smile.

We were early and delighted our room was ready I am a member of Hilton Honors and emailed David Gerrard Guest Services manager for a special request , he replied immediately and also upgraded us to an amazing room on the 17th floor, big thanks for this David. Loved entering the room and seeing the beautiful views all over London, really does take your breath away.
I know every one has their own opinion but the previous review saying .
'concrete box hotel with no charm or style ' can't believe he was talking about the same hotel because I think it oozes charm and style.
Housekeeping spot on, loved the lifts, waiting no more than ten seconds for one and the hotel was full.

Gorgeous meal at Trader Vics, great after a busy day in London and the Winter Wonderland to have a Fab restaurant onsite.

This hotel really does spoil you to stay anywhere else in London. Thankyou Park Lane Hilton for an amazing pre christmas stay, and a big thanks to all the fabulous staff, huge pat on the back to you all. Kind Regards xx

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear livvyCheshire,

Thank you very much for your review.

We have been in contact since your stay, but I just want to thank you again for your kind words,and I do look forward to having you with us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for London Hilton on Park Lane

Reviewed 10 January 2014

If you are looking for superb service from the moment you arrive look no further than the London Hilton on Park Lane. From the doormen to the concierge to the front desk staff to the general manager they all are outstanding. If you ask for something it is done immediately. Everybody is on the ball and the communication between the staff (even between staff working on different days) is nothing short of outstanding. Upon arriving home to the USA, I received an email from the hotel manager inquiring whether I was satisfied with his hotel's response to an issue that I had during my stay. The manager made sure I was satisfied even after check out, which in and of itself has made me realize that the Hilton on Park Lane is a one of a kind hotel.

We stayed on a renovated floor and the room was very clean and modern. The internet was blazing fast and the elevators were extremely efficient (wait time averaged about 6 seconds no matter what floor I was on).

The hotel is adjacent to Hyde Park in an exclusive area of London. We didn't have an issue with this but the hotel is a bit of a walk from most of the attractions you will want to visit but the tube is only 5 minutes away and buses stop in front of the hotel. Cabs are always waiting and our average fare was about $15. There are many wonderful but extremely expensive restaurants though the immediate area is lacking casual fare. If you plan on eating breakfast in the hotel try and get a rate that includes it as you will be better off in the long run.

Dear jrrm,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am so pleased to read of how great your stay was, and that one of our Guest Relations Managers went the extra mile to ensure that your concern was appropriately taken care of.

Thank you very much once again, and I do hope to have you with us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

A concrete box hotel with no charm or style, but that's what I expected. Why, I hear you ask, did you go stay there at all ? Answer - it was a business trip and I didn't get to choose my own hotel. There is nothing actually wrong with this place, I'm just used to better

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear fbinthesun,

Thank you for your feedback.

I was sorry to read that on your stay you have not felt that the style of the hotel met with your expecations.

I can appreciate what you have said, and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I really cannot recommend this hotel enough. Friendly, efficient check in. Wonderfully luxurious room, complimentary upgrade, impeccable staff and fantastic location with heart stopping views of London.

Go, enjoy and write about it. This hotel is a truly worthy of the name Hilton. My best London hotel experience. Congratulations, You've cracked what it takes to be an exemplary luxury hotel!

I'll be back !!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John P
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Pr0fessi0nalC0uple,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am delighted to read about how lovely your recent stay has been. It sounds as though from start to finish, you have had a tremendous time here with us, and I am very happy that everything has been so enjoyable for you.

Thank you so much once again, and please do reach out to us whenever you plan a return to London and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here for a week in mid-December 2013. Fairly expensive and fair to say you're paying for the location, rather than the room. The location is magnificent and fairly central for walking or travelling about via the tube.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear CausticComment,

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

I am very pleased that on the whole, our location has proven to be such a positive for yourself during this visit. I do hope that you have enjoyed your time here in London, and that we will have you with us again in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Arrived Dec. 27 stayed one week. Very tired upon arrival from overnight flight, pleased to be given rooms (2) for early check in but upon arriving in rooms they did not have the bed configurations we needed and one room was a tiny corner room with almost no window. Back down to the front desk to explain the snafu. We were upgraded to an executive floor with lounge privileges to make up for the error, we did not ask for an upgrade but greatly appreciated the gesture. We are Hilton Honors members and were staying mostly on reward points for the week. The second set of rooms were perfect. Clean, spacious, large windows over looking Buckingham Palace and Green Park. If we leaned we could see the Eye and Big Ben.

Housekeeping was very efficient and not intrusive. One day the dirty towels were taken from one room but no clean towels were left, a call to housekeeping and towels arrived in minutes.

Front desk and concierge staff all very friendly and helpful with our needs through out the week, including arranging an early morning cab to the airport. And the staff in the executive lounge were excellent. They were always willing to answer our questions, chat about our day, tell us about life in London etc... It was particularly impressive to see how professional they were in a couple of situations we witnessed that they were not being treated appropriately by guests who had a great sense of entitlement and disdain.

We had drinks in the roof top bar and were disappointed that bar food was not available (it was not a Sunday). We ate dinnner one night in Trader Vics. The food was good but overpriced and the drinks watered down.

Location was excellent, easy walking to Hyde Park Tube and Green Park Tube. Easy walking to Buckingham Palace and all the Royal sights. Lots of pubs and restaurants right in the area, however we never made it in to Hard Rock Cafe, 2 hour waits both times we tried. Good places (probably better food) right in Shepards Market behind the hotel (Prezzo, No. 7 Market Tavern, Kings Arms Pub) and Henry's on Picadilly.

I would probably stay in a different part of London next visit just to try something different but this Hilton was a good stay for us.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room.

Dear vnbond,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and detailed review.

I am pleased to read that my colleagues have provided you with an Executive upgrade following on from an initial miscommunication, and I am very happy that the service that they have provided in the Executive Lounge has been so personable and welcoming.

Our location here in Mayfair is truly spectacular for getting around London, and I am very pleased that you have been able to take in so many of the city sights during your stay.

Thank you very much once again for providing us with your feedback, and I hope to have you with us again in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Had a large and comfortable room on the 13th floor with views over London - lots of light in the room despite the poor weather outside. We usually stay in the Covent Garden area - and this Mayfair area in comparison is quiet - but a short walk to Piccadilly and restaurants so may stay here in future. As previously mentioned the lifts are amazing - no queues and straight to your floor. I felt cold at night and could not work out how to turn up the heating - or any extra blankets - so if you feel the cold may be worth sorting before you try to sleep
We had drinks in the cocktail bar on the 28th floor - but unfortunately could not see the views as we had our 17 year old daughter with us and were only allowed in the 'lounge' area without views
Breakfast was the usual excellent Hilton standard

Room Tip: Higher floors will have better rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Vitabel,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very pleased to read that your room here with us has been large and comfortable, with great views, and that you have found the lift system so intuitive.

This being said, I am sorry to read that you have found the room to be cold at night, and I do hope that this has not had a negative impact on your stay. We are always able to provide extra blankets, additional heater, and instructions as to how to turn the heat up in the room.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.