“perfect stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Northwood, United Kingdom
“perfect stay”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

my husband and i have just stayed the night at this amazing hotel. i cannot praise it highly enough.we stayed on the 20th floor and had fantastic view over hyde park. the staff are so helpful and the breakfast is the best ! can't wait to go back

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank julie s
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear julie s,

Thank you so much for your great review.

I was so pleased to read about what a fabulous time you have had with us, and I do hope that you and your husband will be back with us again in the future.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as part of my birthday weekend. Booked via Expedia and put in the notes it was my birthday. Arrived at reception but no notes and the receptionist wasn't too friendly, didn't even ask if we were in London for anything special.

I didn't want to say "It's my birthday" as, personally, I think they should ask "How are you and are you here for anything special?". In Bristol we stayed at another brand hotel and our friend was asked at check in and when he said a birthday trip the hotel got a bottle of champagne delivered.

I did tweet Hilton who said "sorry to hear that, someone will reach out to you soon". As I write this that was 20 hours ago and not a thing.

Two gripes about our room too; during the time we were in the room in the daytime there was resonating noise coming from a corner at different times, and the bath had a fixed glass shower door which, due to my lack of mobility with one of my legs, meant I couldn't use the shower. Quite an odd design as there were grab rails but you couldn't get them until you were in the bath!!

Overall quite poor customer service in my opinion, and a few ill thought design options. Oh and that drilling noise! Room 1201.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear MarkBarefoot,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback.

I was sorry to read that your stay was not entirely to your satisfaction, particularly regarding the fact that they did not ask if you were here for a special occasion. This matter has been addressed with the team, and I thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.

cheshire
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I really cannot recommend this amazing hotel enough.I visited with my husband and son a week before christmas for one night. You enter this hotel and it has a special feel to it, the atmosphere, the lovely cinnamon christmas smell, the gorgeous christmas tree, the friendly concierge.The check in was quick,and very efficient, and all with a smile.

We were early and delighted our room was ready I am a member of Hilton Honors and emailed David Gerrard Guest Services manager for a special request , he replied immediately and also upgraded us to an amazing room on the 17th floor, big thanks for this David. Loved entering the room and seeing the beautiful views all over London, really does take your breath away.
I know every one has their own opinion but the previous review saying .
'concrete box hotel with no charm or style ' can't believe he was talking about the same hotel because I think it oozes charm and style.
Housekeeping spot on, loved the lifts, waiting no more than ten seconds for one and the hotel was full.

Gorgeous meal at Trader Vics, great after a busy day in London and the Winter Wonderland to have a Fab restaurant onsite.

This hotel really does spoil you to stay anywhere else in London. Thankyou Park Lane Hilton for an amazing pre christmas stay, and a big thanks to all the fabulous staff, huge pat on the back to you all. Kind Regards xx

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear livvyCheshire,

Thank you very much for your review.

We have been in contact since your stay, but I just want to thank you again for your kind words,and I do look forward to having you with us again in the future.

New York
Reviewed 10 January 2014

If you are looking for superb service from the moment you arrive look no further than the London Hilton on Park Lane. From the doormen to the concierge to the front desk staff to the general manager they all are outstanding. If you ask for something it is done immediately. Everybody is on the ball and the communication between the staff (even between staff working on different days) is nothing short of outstanding. Upon arriving home to the USA, I received an email from the hotel manager inquiring whether I was satisfied with his hotel's response to an issue that I had during my stay. The manager made sure I was satisfied even after check out, which in and of itself has made me realize that the Hilton on Park Lane is a one of a kind hotel.

We stayed on a renovated floor and the room was very clean and modern. The internet was blazing fast and the elevators were extremely efficient (wait time averaged about 6 seconds no matter what floor I was on).

The hotel is adjacent to Hyde Park in an exclusive area of London. We didn't have an issue with this but the hotel is a bit of a walk from most of the attractions you will want to visit but the tube is only 5 minutes away and buses stop in front of the hotel. Cabs are always waiting and our average fare was about $15. There are many wonderful but extremely expensive restaurants though the immediate area is lacking casual fare. If you plan on eating breakfast in the hotel try and get a rate that includes it as you will be better off in the long run.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear jrrm,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am so pleased to read of how great your stay was, and that one of our Guest Relations Managers went the extra mile to ensure that your concern was appropriately taken care of.

Thank you very much once again, and I do hope to have you with us again in the future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

A concrete box hotel with no charm or style, but that's what I expected. Why, I hear you ask, did you go stay there at all ? Answer - it was a business trip and I didn't get to choose my own hotel. There is nothing actually wrong with this place, I'm just used to better

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear fbinthesun,

Thank you for your feedback.

I was sorry to read that on your stay you have not felt that the style of the hotel met with your expecations.

I can appreciate what you have said, and thank you for your feedback.

Lockerbie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I really cannot recommend this hotel enough. Friendly, efficient check in. Wonderfully luxurious room, complimentary upgrade, impeccable staff and fantastic location with heart stopping views of London.

Go, enjoy and write about it. This hotel is a truly worthy of the name Hilton. My best London hotel experience. Congratulations, You've cracked what it takes to be an exemplary luxury hotel!

I'll be back !!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John P
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Pr0fessi0nalC0uple,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am delighted to read about how lovely your recent stay has been. It sounds as though from start to finish, you have had a tremendous time here with us, and I am very happy that everything has been so enjoyable for you.

Thank you so much once again, and please do reach out to us whenever you plan a return to London and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here for a week in mid-December 2013. Fairly expensive and fair to say you're paying for the location, rather than the room. The location is magnificent and fairly central for walking or travelling about via the tube.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear CausticComment,

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

I am very pleased that on the whole, our location has proven to be such a positive for yourself during this visit. I do hope that you have enjoyed your time here in London, and that we will have you with us again in the future.