“Loved the hotel, great location and fabulous views!”

London Hilton on Park Lane
Ranked #325 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Egham, United Kingdom
“Loved the hotel, great location and fabulous views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Booked this early via telephone, so got a very good deal. Telephone manner and service received from reservations was very helpful. We upgraded room on arrival and our room (on the 19th floor) overlooked Hyde Park - so fantastic views during both day and night (no rain that day thank goodness). This hotel is also really well placed for walking into Knightsbridge and Oxford Street for a bit of retail therapy! Staff were very polite, helpful and friendly throughout our stay, and I would have no hesitation in staying there again or recommending the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Jules_290912,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased to read that you have had a great stay here with us, and I do hope that the retail therapy was a rousing success!

Thank you very much once again, and please do reach out to us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com when you do plan a return.

Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (740)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I had an incredibly bad experience at Hilton during my recent stay. Even after presenting my correct booking voucher, I was told that my stay is cancelled and they would "gladly accommodate" me at 100 GBP premium per night from what I paid. Even after talking to duty manager, nothing resolved and I ended up paying 2.5 times of normal rate (1 to my agent and 1.5 to the hotel)

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback here.

We have been in contact following your stay, and I am very pleased that we have been able to come to terms with the situation, and have reached a mutually beneficial conclusion.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to your future booking.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I've stayed at countless Hilton properties and this one was by far the worst. As a diamond member I was upgraded to an "executive" room.

The room was very dated and dirty - The toilet hadn't been cleaned from the previous guest, the pillows had stains on them, the linen was dirty and the floor was stained. I called the front desk and they sent someone up to clean the toilet and change the linen. I pointed out that the floor was stained, the room was very dated and that you could feel the springs poking into your back on the mattress. These comments were ignored. The pillows were taken away and not replaced. I would expect that when paying that amount of money for a room it should be perfect and if not the hotel staff should be trained to fix the problem on the spot.

I complained again on check out as I had booked a return stay the following week and wanted to cancel the booking. The guest services manager said he would ensure my stay next week would be perfect. When I returned they had upgraded me to a suite and provided a bottle of wine which was a nice touch however had I paid for the suite, I would be very disappointed at the value for the room quality.

The executive lounge was fairly average however the staff were very attentive.

The hotel is in a good location with nice views.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stean K
Dear Stean K,

Thank you for your feedback below.

I am sorry to read that following our initial interaction, that on your return the room you have received was again not to your satisfaction. I am pleased that we have provided this upgrade and the bottle of wine complimentary as a gesture of goodwill, however it is clear that you have not been completely satisfied on this occasion.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, and we will use your comments to complete a further investigation.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I like the location and the hotel and visited twice, however never again, both times I've left feeling extremely angry they try and charge £5 for a 250ml plastic bottle of evian and £6 for 330ml bottle of peroni in the room, I work in the hospitality industry and I no how much those waters cost. Also when trying to enter the bar underneath the hotel they also wanted to charge me £10pp on the door. Another issue, we arrived at 1pm and need to change to go to an important lunch and told us the room wouldn't be ready until 4 and the only thing they could suggest is get changed the toilet. Just to recap this is the park lane hilton I wonder if they suggest to all of there customers to get changed in the toilet. ? Any way I'm not happy and will not returning.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Amyadams1001
Dear Amyadams1001,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

While I am pleased to read that you have been happy with the location of the hotel on this return visit, I am sorry to read that overall you have been unhappy with the pricing of certain items at the hotel. While in-line with industry trends, we will take your comments on board going forward.

Regarding the request to change, I am very surprised to read your comments regarding our team member's response. For our Spa and Gym facilities we have a large and fully equipped changing area, in addition to large seated sections within the restroom areas for guests who arrive prior to the 3pm arrival time. There must have been a miscommunication, and this has been raised with the appropriate team members.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback,

Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Two fairly significant issues during my stay that are simply unacceptable for a hotel of this supposed quality standard.

1) Am a diamond member and as such receive free internet but the internet service provided by BT at this hotel is simply appalling. Had I been paying for it, I would have considered any charge as absolute robbery. When the internet was working, which was only about half of the time, users have to continuously log in every time they access any of their devices, so dozens of times a day which is extremely annoying. While the hotel was full with the oil industry IP and Fashion weeks underway when I was there, that is no excuse. When I asked staff about it, they simply said there were issues with the system and to try again later.

2) I was in an executive floor room on the 19th floor (1904), which had a small balcony. The room and furnishings themselves were adequate but the door to the balcony did not seal properly and was whistling continuously during my stay due to wind outside. A former guest had tried to stuff Kleenex in the keyholes and other gaps that were creating the whistling noises to no avail. Colleagues who stayed in non executive rooms on lower floors said the furnishings in their rooms were old and not up to the standard of a 5 star hotel.

On the positive side, the Podium restaurant off the lobby served very good quality food even if the menu was limited in terms of choices and the service was excellent.

The executive lounge on the first floor was a bit tired and was overwhelmed by guests at breakfast and happy hour.

1 Thank Sakhr
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Sakhr,

Thank you very much for your review.

First and foremost, I must apologise that your visit has not been to your satisfaction,particularly for a Hilton Honors Diamond member. Your comments relating to the internet service and the window seals have been appropriately addressed by our team, and I thank you very much for your feedback.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed here for two nights in a King Executive room. The room was a reasonable size with an amazing view over Buckingham Palace and Westminster. Located on the 25th floor the lifts were quick to arrive although at some points full.

The Room..... TV was good albeit we did not really watch it that much. The bed was very comfortable and the room turned over in the morning and evening. The bathroom was a good size with an excellent shower and bath. They also provided good quality shower gel etc. The room was clean.

The Executive lounge was very comfortable and the continental Breakfast, afternoon tea was very good. The wine, spirits and food were also very good between 6 -9 pm we struggled to leave the hotel and go for dinner. It was very nice and a great treat.

All in all a very good hotel and about 10 min walk to the closest tube station. Good location for Buckingham place etc. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Call before your stay and ask for the view you want.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear adam1111_11,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am most pleased to read that you have had a great stay with us as a TripAdvisor Top Contributor.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Sudbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

The Hilton Hotel, Park Lane. Brings back memories of Monopoly, luxury, expense and something quite out of the reach of normal people such as me.

I was fortunate enough to stay there with a business group so, although I wasn't there to 'enjoy' myself, I still expected something 'more'. I can't quite put my finger on it but I left feelings lightly deflated and disappointed.

Room Tip: Check the size of your room and the view - they are not all the same.
Dear Lisa D,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am sorry to read that although you have had a good stay with us, you have not felt that little bit more that would have made it a great stay. We will certainly take your comments on board, and work towards providing more Hilton moments to all of our valued guests.