“Good hotel, good location”

London Hilton on Park Lane
Ranked #341 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed recently for 2 nights during a brief stop over in London on the way to Paris. Overall, the hotel was good. The location is close enough to walk to some of the main attractions in London (London Eye, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Harrod's, etc.) and there are bus and Underground stops very close by.

If I had one complaint, it's that the concierge came off as a bit unfriendly at times, and would often say "You can take the Underground or bus" without mentioning where to take them from, what lines to take, etc.

A nice hotel and the room we stayed in had a great view of the London Eye. One weird thing was there are no shower curtains, or didn't appear to be any room for one in the room we stayed in! I would visit again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Tyler D,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to read that overall, you have had an enjoyable stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane, with a location perfectly suited to your needs.

That being said, I am sorry to read about your concerns relating to the concierge, and the shower curtains. So that I may investigate further, if I could please ask you to contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com with further information about your stay.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic afternoon tea. Francesco our waiter was lovely, very attentive.
Lovely selection of cakes, the fancy sandwiches were lovely and they made special veggie ones.
I would defiantly go back! Fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Macadamia4444244,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to read that you have had a great visit to us for Afternoon Tea recently, and that Francesco in our Podium restaurant provided such excellent service. I will make sure that his manager is made aware of your kind words, and that he is appropriately recognised at the next team member recognition ceremony.

Thank you very much once again, and we look forward to having you back with us for your next Afternoon Tea experience!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My family and I have stayed in this hotel a few times and have always been satisfied with the London eye/shard view, location, check in service, room service, impeccable conceirge attendants and dining at trader's Vic!

We arrive early in the morning and had requested for early check in and the request was met prompto! We had the view of Hyde park and the city! Room was clean and we access the executive lounge and the food there was better this time, more variety and more tasty! After two days, we decided to change our room to view the London eye/shard and our request was met without any fuss! Reception even arranged to move our luggages for us to the new room cos we had to go out for our appointments! When we came back, our new from was ready with our luggages in place! Nice!

The guys at the concierge was an institution. They seems to know everything about London and all our requests were attended to effortlessly! We even bought our mama Mia tickets through them on the spot! Nice!

We tried the trader's Vic restaurant on two occasions and the food was delicious and very well presented! The service there was impeccable and the atmosphere was very south pacific!

Room was cleaned each time we came back in the afternoon and there is turn down service to make sure your room is well stock again!

Behind the hotel at sherperd street, there are a few very good restaurants which you should not miss! Would I return to this hotel, definitely!!!

Room Tip: Ask for high floor with London eye/shard view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear holee,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am so pleased to read that overall you have had a wonderful stay at the London Hilton on Park Lane. We strive to provide a perfect stay to all of our guests, and it sounds like in this situation we have hit all of the right high notes.

Thank you very much once again, and when you plan a return visit to London please do contact us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Expensive, but in a great location and good facilities. The hotel is equipped with intelligent lifts, which makes such a big difference - almost no wait times. The rooms are well appointed, although a little on the small side, but clean - so are the bathrooms.

One of the few hotels in London that has smoking rooms.

The executive lounge has odd opening times, and I always seemed to miss when they were open, or when drinks were offered. Internet is not fantastic and a bit spotty.

They could benefit from better dining and social options on-premise, but there are many options within walking distance.

Friendly staff, and generally enjoy my stays here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sacha N,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to read that overall you have had a great stay, and that our team and location were so to your liking.

I can appreciate what you have said regarding the Executive Lounge, and I will raise your comments with the appropriate members of the Front of House team.

Thank you very much once again, and when you plan a return to london please do contact us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I enjoy sampling different London Hotels, and recently stayed at the London Hilton for the very first time. I love the Park Lane location - easy walk to the theaters, shopping in Knightsbridge or the tube to go further afield - and like, but didn't love the hotel itself. The room was good, the view beautiful, but I found the staff to be a bit distant and only politely welcoming. There was also a bit of a retro (date?) feel with Trader Vic's in the lobby. Overall a nice hotel but there are so many better options throughout London. Stay here if the price is right, but not worth top dollar they attempt to charge.

Room Tip: Stunning views especially from higher floors facing the park.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank davidrA3168AF

Dear David R,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am pleased to read that you have had a nice stay with us, and that our location perfectly suited your needs.

However, I am very sorry that the team seemed to be only polite, and did not go that extra mile with you. I will certainly raise your comments with all, as this is not the impression that we pride ourselves on leaving with guests at the London Hilton on Park Lane.

Thank you very much once again, and I hope that we will have you with us again in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Always had good stays here and love the windows bar. Rooms always clean staff attentive, and nothing seems to much trouble for them. The views are amazing and would recommend getting a room high up. The higher the better

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank barnicleLondon

Dear barnicleLondon,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am thrilled to read that you have always had a great stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane. As you have said, nothing is too much trouble for our team, and I am so pleased that your experience has been such a positive one.

Thank you very much once again, and we look forward to having you with us again the next time you are in London.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

With a good deal going for it -- superb location, excellent business and meeting facilities and staff, generally excellent responsiveness and support -- it's a shame to report that on our recent (return) visit, the Hilton Park Lane is punching well below its weight -- no major single problem, but an accumulation of bits that add up to a location that seems to be milking its franchise and delivering below expectations.
Room and bathroom good size for the UK and adequate -- but no robes, only a single bar of soap, requests needed to refresh the amenities (for two people). More annoying, the 20-pounds per day ding for in-room WiFi is out-of-date and below standard, as is the obligation to sign on for a major deposit against extra charges.
Finally, with an afternoon Eurostar we wanted a late check-out, to be told that was only on request the morning of our departure; at the desk early that morning, I was only able to negotiate one extra hour -- okay, we understand turn-over and booking pressure, having been on the other side often enough -- but when we returned at noon to pack and leave, and stopped at the desk to confirm that our keys still worked, there was no record of the extension (which I had watched the morning manager type into the system.
Overall, at the rates charged by London hotels, our experience did not measure up to standards.

Room Tip: Ask to be high up, and to face Hyde Park.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim P
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Jim P,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I can appreciate what you have said regarding your stay, and I am sorry that certain minor aspects of your visit did build up and negatively affected your time with us. I will be raising your concerns with the appropriate members of the management team for further investigation, particularly the matter of the late check-out not being appropriately noted.

So that I may follow up most efficiently, if I may ask you to please contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com so that I may input your name into our system and work out just what happened from our side during this stay.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to hearing from you going forward.