“Extremely satisfied” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
NYC
“Extremely satisfied”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed for 2 nights using Hilton points over a weekend. We had a king size room on the 25th floor (room 2513) which had a breathtaking view of Hyde Park. The room was not large but beautifully appointed and I enjoyed having a separate shower. It had a connecting door which I usually try to avoid, but we did not hear any noise at all from the next door or upstairs.

The lounge is sufficiently spacious and had a nice selection of breakfast items with delicious pastries. We did not use lounge in the afternoon and evening.

The area around the hotel is quiet but the Hyde Park Corner station is within a short walking distance and there were taxis waiting outside the hotel.

All staff were helpful and courteous. I think this is perhaps the best Hilton in London and I would definitely consider staying here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear akiraoz,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to read that you have greatly enjoyed your stay with us, and that your room and the view were so to your liking.

Thank you very much once again, and when you next plan a return to London please do reach out to us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (728)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
fife scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We arrived at the hotel on Friday 16th may and after an easy tube journey I turned and said to my husband wow it looks amazing after a smooth check in we went to our room on the 24th floor even more stunning large spacious room and bathroom the shower was amazing views were amazing the hotel staff are very friendly and helpful the hotel itself is so close to the main attractions and a tube journey to more was very enjoyable stay for our anniversary the Hilton breakfast is excellent we ate in the hotel on the Sunday night and the food was of good quality we shall return thank you London Hilton you made me and my husbands trip very enjoyable

Dear xxsharon1972xx,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased to read that you and your husband have had such a wonderful experience here at the London Hilton on Park Lane. Particularly on a special occasion such as this anniversary, we strive to provide a perfect experience, and it sounds as though on this occasion we have succeeded!

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you back with us again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I spent American Mothers Day at the Park Lane Hilton. We had a room on the executive floor with access to the lounge. As always the staff want to make your stay special, especially Anika ( I think that was her name) from the Netherlands on reception and the gentleman in the lounge who went a looked for the name of the delicious cookies so that I could buy some to take home. Something he did not have to do.
It is expensive to stay here, but worth the money or the points for a great stay. I did however miss the disposable shoe bags that they used to have in the rooms.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors have great views, Have stayed several times and the views have been...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Deb1144,

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

I am very pleased to read that you have had a great stay with us for Mother's day.

It sounds as though our team provided you with fantastic service throughout, and I will certainly be raising your comments to their attention at our next Recognition Celebration.

Thank you very much once again for your great feedback, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

we stayed here 3 nights for our first visit to London, Very happy with the location across from Hyde Park. A little walk to either Hyde Park or Green Park tube station, but places to stop for breakfast or lunch along the way. The hotel is very nice, and the views are great. Our room faced towards the London eye, which was lit up in the evening. The rooms were a good size, with a king bed. The bathrooms had Peter Thomas Roth toiletries and were spacious and clean. There are several nice restaurants in the hotel, although we had our meals elsewhere. Nice quiet location, don't miss a walk through Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, so close to this hotel.

Dear ggtravelgirl,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to read that you have had a great stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane.

You have had a view towards the London Eye, which has always been one of my favorite views from the hotel. We give a unique perspective towards the Eye and the Palace of Westminister, and I am very pleased that you have so enjoyed it.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, and I look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of a month long European vacation. This was our only 5 star indulgence on our otherwise 3 and 4 star accommodation during our tour. As such I expected a 5 star experience. The hotel initially appeared very impressive. It is in a great part of the city with quite a wow entrance and foyer. We were provided a room on the 12th floor with nice views of the city out towards the London Eye. We were told the room was an upgrade so that was nice but I am not really sure what a standard room looked like as ours was not huge. Maybe it was level or aspect we were given. On the positive the hotel room was very nicely appointed with some fancy gadgets like powered blinds and a cool night switch that illuminates a floor light and a led chain light on the floor in the bathroom. We had some room service and it was excellent.

On the poor side upon initial entry the room stunk of cigarette smoke (non smoking floor) and house services quickly sent someone up with spray and he showed us how to open the window a few inches. The smell remained evident each time we reentered the room. The windows were very dirty which detracted from the wonderful view. On a Saturday morning the desk did not have any pounds sterling cash to exchange for our Euro. Not even a 50 Euro note. I found that unusual especially given that it was Saturday morning and the dodgy exchange rates the punter is normally touched up with here. No toilet brush and no replenished tea and coffee was another disappointment but none of these were game changers.

I have saved my major grips with this hotel until last. We were advised that our room had a king sized bed and this is something I thought should be expected in a 5 star hotel. The room provided had 2 single beds that were made up as single beds and pushed together to form one bed. Sorry but this is ridiculous. Zip them or attached them in some way if you must but at least throw a set of king sized sheets over them so that we might enjoy a true couples king bed experience. To make matters worse the beds are on castors and easily push apart. Try sleeping around the join and see where you end up. This is just a cheap way of doubling the versatility of the room to call it a twin share or king room with a 10 second push of the beds.

Finally the water temperature in the bath is not hot enough. I am well aware of regulations about water temperature settings but when you can try to run a hot bath and easily hold your hand under the tap before it even hits the bath you know it is going to only be a warm bath experience.

If you cannot supply the fundamentals in a proper bed or decent hot bath you are never going to do better than 3 from 5 in this review.

Room Tip: If you want to share your bed then ensure your king bed is not 2 singles pushed together
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Glenn1962
Dear Glenn1962,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I must apologise for the experience that you have described. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent stay every time here at the London Hilton on Park Lane, and from what you have written it is clear that your stay was not a perfect one.

In order for me to perform the appropriate follow-up on our side, if I could please ask you to contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com and I will investigate the matters you have raised accordingly.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Minneapolis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Perfect location, perfect room, perfect staff!! Lots of local restaurants and pubs nearby. Close to bus, and metro. Easy to get around, once we found out where the subway was. Would definitely return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Thomas G,

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

I am very pleased to read that you have had an enjoyable stay here with us.

Going forward, please do contact us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com when you plan a return and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stay every year when visiting functions in London. Always have a great stay, amazing view when in a room that overlooks Hyde park! King size bed is always very comfy, room temp easy to adjust and bathrooms very clean and great facilities. I haven't eaten in the Hotel so could not comment on the food but the bar upstairs is fab. Parking is very easy with plenty of spaces in the under ground car park- word of warning if you have a large car, you may stuggle to fit it in if only the awkward spaces are available. The club, Whiskey Mist is attached, which we always go to and provides the best Sunday night out in London. Staff are friendly, the only awkward encounter I have had was upon check out, a very rude guest tried to interrupt the lady whilst she was dealing with us but she dealt with this calmly and proceeded to check us out quickly and warmly. Will certainly return as it provides a great base when in town, and a final note- the door men are the friendliest I have met when I've come back from a late from night out, always happy to have a chat and welcome you back.

Room Tip: Request a Hyde Park view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear rachel a,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to read that you have had a great stay here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane, and that all aspects of your stay were so enjoyed. You have made a special note regarding the doormen and their friendliness, and I will ensure that the team is made well aware of your comments.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.