“VIP treatment at a superb London hotel”

London Hilton on Park Lane
Ranked #341 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I booked the Hilton on Park Lane for a one-night stay to celebrate my young son's birthday, principally because I knew he'd be thrilled to stay in a skyscraper. David Gerrard, the Guest Services Manager, was fantastically helpful by email in advance of our stay and very much set the tone for the hotel. We were upgraded from a Mayfair Suite to a Grosvenor Suite on the 25th floor, which was a wonderful surprise. The two-room suite was extremely spacious and stylish and the views of London mesmerising. When a member of staff delivered a large bowl of fruit, some water, a dessert and a welcome card to our suite and then, an hour or so later, two bottles of my son's favourite soft drink (as ascertained in advance by clever Mr Gerrard), he exclaimed, "Mummy, we must be VIPs!" With access to the Executive Lounge, a suite to die for and supremely helpful staff, it certainly felt that way. I'm not sure any of my son's future birthdays will ever quite live up to this one! We look forward to staying again.

Room Tip: The view from the 25th floor (and from Galvin at Windows on the 27th) was heavenly.
Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ParabolaRoad
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear ParabolaRoad,

Thank you so much for your recent review.

After our initial contact, I wanted to make sure that you and your son had a perfect stay, and it is great to read that my colleagues have followed the instructions I laid out and made this a most memorable stay!

Thank you very much once again, and please do contact me again directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com when you plan a return!

There are newer reviews for London Hilton on Park Lane

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I attended a hosted event (AWA awards), for well over £100 per head. This is the meal I received:
Starter: small, mediocre quiche
Main course: Monkfish (tough and chewy) risotto (overcooked and almost liquid)
Dessert: Panacotta with fruit (this was OK)

The main course was not only nearly inedible, but was the size of a fish course - every one at the table was amazed we then proceeded to the dessert - all were expect a real main course.

The waiters were graceless, ill-informed, and had to be told a dish they had served to a vegetarian (whose place marker showed the fact) was not vegetarian.

Frankly, the meal was disgraceful - overpriced (by a fact of 10!), and of a quality which was totally unacceptable.

Advice: Avoid like the plague!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kenneth S
Hilton_ParkLane, Head of Conference & Banqueting at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Kenneth S,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am deeply concerned to read that your recent experience was not to your satisfaction. At the London Hilton on Park Lane, we pride ourselves on hosting events of the highest quality, and it is clear that for yourself, the event was not to our usual standards.

It is imperative that we use feedback from guests such as yourself to identify areas where improvements may be made. As such, I have sent you a direct message via TripAdvisor requesting further information regarding your experience.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

David Morris-Jones
Head of Conference & Banqueting

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Highly recommend for business or tourists. Large tower style hotel, many rooms offer views over Hyde park. Modern decor and good restaurant/bars in house. Lots of restaurants and city centre shopping within walking distance. It's size and location mean it is busy! Worth highlighting, the staff are great. As an a example, I left a small item behind when I checked out recently - of no real financial value but useful to me and the staff posted it overseas to me. Thank you!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Neil M

Dear Neil M,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am delighted to read that you have had such an enjoyable stay here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane.

Of particular note is how one of our team members took the time to arrange having your item returned to you. If you would be able to provide me with this individual's name or general description at david.gerrard@hilton.com, I will be sure to recognize them at our next Recognition ceremony.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward ot having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We recently stayed at the Hilton Park lane for my sisters Bridal Shower, in which our stay was truly amazing and an unforgettable experience!

I have to commend the staff for a most enjoyable stay that my guests and I had! The Reservation Manager Amber Hutchings and Reception Manager Jochem Meijerink were brilliant. They were incredibly helpful, supportive and kind in accommodating us and making my sister’s day incredibly special!!! Every member of staff, from Reservations, to the Executive Lounge, the Podium Restaurant and even the Hotel Porters went above and beyond to oblige us and make us feel welcome!

I would absolutely recommend dinner at the Podium Restaurant, as the food was delicious and the service was impeccable. There were also a wide variety of choices from the menu and the service was unqualified. My guests had only positive comments to say and found the staff there to be attentive and diligent. They most certainly are a true reflection of what good service amounts to. The Podium Restaurant undoubtedly played a huge role in creating an unforgettable day for my sister and a truly wonderful dining experience!

We had 7 rooms including the Mayfair & Park Lane Suites, all of which were immaculate with great views, especially in the evening. Even Housekeeping was prompt with our requests!

I would definitely recommend stopping at this hotel, as the service is excellent and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear AlyssaMair,

Thank you very much for your review.

Looking through your feedback, I am so pleased that our team have made this special occasion so perfectly memorable. I shall ensure that all team members that have been involved with this visit are appropriately praised, and I thank you very much once again for raising this great experience to our attention.

Thank you very much once again, and we hope to have you all with us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Terrific location in central London. Great view of Hyde Park from the bedroom. Unrivalled view of London from Windows restaurant and bar. Stayed at this hotel several times and hope to again. Staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Count_J,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very happy to read that you have had a great stay with us, with friendly and helpful staff and great views.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel was perfect. Great location and excellent staff. Called me by name as I went up to my room in the evenings. The only bit of advice I would give is skip the gift shop as the lady is very unprofessional (was counting money at 8:45pm and told me to shhh and hold on when I asked if she was still open- I left without finding out the answer) and Hilton may want to think about a new staff for that area or a new vendor if she is on contract. But travelers do not let that deter you from staying at this great hotel. Tour buses right outside, Hard Rock café 2 blocks and just a perfect area across from the entrance of Hyde Park. Everyone was so friendly and helpful when I asked about "tourist" stuff. I 100% will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Keri K,

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

I am so pleased to read that you have had a fantastic stay with us, and that our team have provided an excellent service while you have been here.

I will certainly speak to the individuals in charge of the gift shop in our lobby, and I thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Thank you very much once again, and I thank you for providing us with this feedback.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for the London 10k run and found it to be exactly as we had hoped.
The hotel is situated perfectly for for some major attractions well within walking distance and although our room was at the back of the hotel and only on the eighth floor, we had a great view of the houses of parliament and big Ben (St Stephens tower) from the bedroom window.
For the drinkers amongst you I would strongly reccomend Shepherd Market, a square two minutes walk away, lined with old world pubs and restaurants (pint and half £6.50).
I agree with others that the view from the bar at the top of the hotel is spectacular although it wants to be with a 330ml bottle of lager just short of £10.
We took a black cab from St Pancras (£15) as we didnt know the area, but soon learned to travel around efficiently by bus or tube (Seemed to be £2.40 everywhere).
If you are unsure about how to get anywhere, the guys on the desk are priceless. I must thank the 'Geordie' on the help desk, and his Italian collegue, without whom we would not have found travelling around so easy. they where a wealth of knowledge and we are greatful to them both.
Next time we are in London, this hotel will be our first choice.

Room Tip: I could not say but have been told that higher is better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear mroxo,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very pleased to read that you have had such a great stay with us while staying over the London 10k run. Our location is perfectly suited for visiting as you have mentioned, and I am happy to read that the service from our team members was also excellent.

When you next plan your return to London, if you could please contact us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and we will be more than happy to provide you with any information you require.

Thank you very much once again, and we look forward to hearing from you in the near future.