“Check in took ages”

London Hilton on Park Lane
Ranked #341 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

After long 7 hours flight Arrived 1430 hours at the hotel. The rooms were not ready for us. Up to now 1600 hours not ready yet.
After many emails asking for early check in. They failed even to check us in normal time. This is the first time and the last time to stay at this hotel

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Albaiji
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Albaiji,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very sorry to read that your room was not ready upon your arrival. I will certainly be discussing your comments with our housekeeping team,and I do apologise for this negative beginning to your stay.

I do hope that once you have been given the room in the end that it has been to your satisfaction.

Thank you very much once again for raising your concerns.

There are newer reviews for London Hilton on Park Lane

Reviewed 15 June 2014

As a Diamond member, I have seen my share of Hilton properties. I chose to utilize points for a room over the weekend while traveling to London with my significant other. The location of the hotel was a plus; it is near Hyde Park and very accessible via the Underground. However, there was a list of items that were either mishandled or generally unsatisfactory.

I had stated in my reservation (made online) that we were arriving early. Check in time is 3 pm. We arrived to the hotel at 1 pm. Upon check in, I was informed that we were "upgraded" and that our "special" room was not cleaned yet. I was assured that our room was going to be added to the housekeeping priority list. We were given access to the executive lounge, which was very crowded (and which we had to vacate when a group took over half the lounge to conduct a business meeting). We waited until 3:30 pm (in the bar) before our room was ready. No updates were provided proactively, nor was any effort made to ensure that we were comfortable. (Typically, the front desk manager would have offered a free drink while we waited.) We had to request (twice) that the front desk call my cell when the room was prepped.

When we accessed our room, it was a very ordinary room, directly next to the elevator. As we were so jet lagged, we crashed for a time but finally realized that the elevator motor was so loud that we could not sleep well. I addressed my concerns with the guest relations manager, who was accommodating to a point. He offered to move us a different room, which was an annex (read small second bedroom) normally utilized as part of the larger (and otherwise occupied) Cosmopolitan Suite. After a snafu with the door being bolted from the inside, we were given access to the room (it was 10 pm, at this point).

The room was quieter, but the mattress was very worn (we woke up with backaches) and the TV was very old (it kept losing its signal and the speakers were very muffled). The bathroom was lovely (with heated towel holders) and the room itself was clean with a better view than we had with the other, but the coffee maker was broken and leaked all over the bureau. The management did send up prosecco in acknowledgement of our difficult check in and challenges with our initial room, but the term "too little, too late" comes to mind.

When traveling back to London, based on this experience, I would NOT stay at this Hilton again. There are too many other properties, Hilton and otherwise, that are nicely located and more updated. All in all, I do not feel that I received the level of service or accommodations that were commensurate with the room cost. The experience was disappointing and exhausting.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Rayandra,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I have received your e-mail via our Guest Assistance department, and I shall respond to you shortly.

Thank you very much for providing us with htis feedback, and I look forward to being in touch with you directly in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

my wife and I arrived tired after a seven hour flight and wanted nothing but a welcoming smile and pleasant reception. We got both at this Landmark hotel. The staff at the 28th floor cafe and food lounge were very friendly and helpful. The view over there is breathtaking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Abdullah A

Dear Abdullah A,

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

I am very pleased to read that your stay with us was a fantastic one, particularly on your first time staying with us. It sounds as though the service throughout your stay was top notch, and I thank you very much for this wonderful feedback.

Thank you very much once again, and we look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The location is perfect! All staff were friendly and very helpful, the food is great and the view from the Galvin restaurant is just amazing. Room was a nice size and equipped with everything you need. Special thanks to Volcan who took care of us and helped with everything!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mannabonna

Dear Mannabonna,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to read that your stay has been a great one, and that all aspects were exactly as you had hoped. You have mentioned in particular the great service that my colleague Volkan provided, and I will make sure that he is appropriately recognised for his efforts.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel having stayed before - it certainly demands high room rates but doesn't deliver a high standard in return - booked 6 rooms and check in was unnecessarily difficult - room was great lots of room and very clean but peeling paint in the bathroom just made me feel like they could do better. Please don't stay for breakfast not only is it extortionate in price and a service charge is added to the bill without you agreeing the quality of the good and the offer is not good enough and not of the standard any reasonable hotel should be delivering on park lane - in summary my report reads could do better I was a bit sad that it didn't offer more - this should be a flag ship hotel

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Catherine2166,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback.

While I am pleased to see that overall you have had an enjoyable stay, I am sorry to read that certain aspects of your visit were not to your satisfaction.

So that I may investigate the matters you have raised in relation to the arrival process and the breakfast, if I may please ask you to contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com. I will be able to use this further information to work with the team to ensure that your next stay with us is a fantastic one.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward ot hearing from you.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business as I was attending an awards party in the main function room.

The reception staff were kind enough to upgrade me on arrival and I was fortunate to be upgraded to a suite on the 25th floor. The main living room had floor to celing windows overlooking the beautiful London cityscape or the Thames, London Eye, Big Ben and Parliment, Bucking Palace and the gardens of the Palace were also visible both from my bedroom and the living room.

The facilities here are well maintained and of a high standard however the stand out memory for me was waking up to a sunny London view (I purposely left the curtains open so as to watch the sunrise over the best City on earth!)

It's not cheap to stay here, however if you get the chance then it's a simply amazing place to stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear MarshieP,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback.

I am so pleased to read that you have had such a great stay here with us while attending a function. We are able to provide some of the most unique views in all of London, and I am very happy indeed that your time with us was so well enjoyed.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in room 710. At over £300 per night even on Park Lane the room should be great but it was tired. The bathroom must have dated back to the 1970s with a cream perished rubber bath plug and shower tap that wouldn't switch between shower head and bath and a shower head that was blocked with calcium deposits!
The bed was comfortable in parts but lumpy with Carry On springs in parts.
The prices have crept up over the last three years.

The location is great. The view from the top floor bar are great.
Some of the staff, especially the concierge team are fantastic. Paul was really helpful.

We attended a 1000 head function. That was well run as always but the bar prices had moved from very expensive to rip off.

The night club underneath - WhiskyMist should be avoided at ALL cost. What a disappointment and rip off that was.

So if you stay at the Hilton insist on a refurbished room and check it before you unpack!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Tim C

Dear Tim C,

Thank you very much for your recent contact.

I am pleased to read that aspects of your stay have been so to your satisfaction. The location and our concierge team are two of our most unique features, and I am so pleased that you have found all of this to your liking.

That being said, I am very sorry to read that overall, your stay was not entirely to your satisfaction. I will certainly be following up with the appropriate members of the hotel team regarding your comments below, to ensure that these matters are rectified and everything is taken care of accordingly.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback,