“Superb views from the 15th Floor”

London Hilton on Park Lane
Ranked #326 of 1,090 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lymington
“Superb views from the 15th Floor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great views over South West London to Crystal Palace, with Westminster clearly in view. Our bed was very comfortable; the room was clean and very well equipped (including free standing hangers. Why to hotels insist on those nasty hangers that detach from the railing - do people really steal them?) The hot water took a while to arrive maybe because of the height it had to come but there was plenty of it when it arrived. The lobby was a bit crazy and full of people and security because apparently the Bangladeshi PM was in town and was hosting a dinner, but the staff all dealt with it very well. The breakfast was also perfectly adequate: well organised with efficient service.

Room Tip: Go high for the best views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Henry T,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to read that overall you have had an enjoyable stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane. It sounds as though overall you have had a great stay with us, and that is exactly the experience we want our guests to have.

That being said, I can appreciate what you have said about the water and the level of traffic in the lobby, and will raise this feedback with the appropriate parties.

Thank you very much once again, and we look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (740)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for one night as we wanted to go to the restaurant here, Galvin @ Windows. I am a Hilton Honors member but will probably rescind my membership now as I have had problems at three out of the last four Hiltons I have stayed at in London, Canary Wharf being the exception (that one is lovely).

I arrived by taxi only for the doorman, who was talking on his mobile phone, to open the taxi door but not take my bag out of the taxi. He just opened the taxi door then walked off. Not a good start.

I had booked a King room but had applied for the E-standby upgrade scheme, whereby if a higher grade room is free on the day of check-in, you PAY a reasonable amount for this upgrade. I have done this before at other Hiltons without a problem and this time I applied for three different upgrades, right up to a Mayfair suite, for which I would have happily paid in three figures, on top of what I had already paid for my original room. I had had emails from Hilton reservations confirming this. On check-in there was no mention of a paid upgrade so I asked whether I had been successful in getting one (again, not complimentary but paid for). The receptionist said there was no record of me applying for an upgrade. I said that if I could use their internet I would be able to show them my emails confirming it (I don't have a smartphone) but they said that I could not use the internet. I kept trying to explain to the receptionist about the E-standby upgrade but she did not seem to know what I was talking about (she was a trainee). Eventually the reception supervisor came over and looked at the computer. He then tried to say that I had requested three interconnecting rooms! I had booked one room for one night for two of us, but I do have a common surname and feel that they must have got me muddled up with someone else of the same name. When I tried to explain that I just wanted one room, preferably with a PAID-FOR upgrade, he didn't listen and kept telling me that I couldn't have a complimentary upgrade. This is not what I wanted, I would happily have paid a lot of money for a suite. I phoned my daughter and asked her to check what was available on line and she said that every grade of room was available. So why wouldn't they let me pay for an upgrade? The supervisor just kept going on about my three rooms!!! Eventually I just accepted that I would have my original room as I had been trying to explain the system to them for about 30 minutes at that point and was totally fed up.

The room itself was tired and shabby, with marks on the carpet, lots of chips out of the furniture and a dated bathroom. Clean enough though and with good views over London. The robes and slippers were missing and I had to phone for these. The TV didn't work and I phoned for someone to fix this but nobody came. When my husband arrived about 3 hours later, he found that a cable was loose at the back and managed to fix it himself.

The walls of the rooms must be very thin as we could hear people in the next door room talking, then we were woken up several times very early in the morning by their phone.

This is not what you would expect of a 5* hotel on Park Lane.

The best part about this hotel are the computerised lifts, rather unnerving at first, but once you understand the system, they are brilliant and very efficient, which is more than I can say about the staff here.

I would definitely not return here, there are far better hotels around where guests are treated with respect, not as a nuisance. I feel that Hilton have lost their way with customer service compared with other hotels and need to retrain their staff as a matter of some urgency.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
1 Thank cruella55
Hilton_ParkLane, Front of House Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear cruella55,

Thank you for your recent stay and review.

I am very sorry to read about your experience here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane. We want all of our guests to have a wonderful visit, and it is clear from what you have written above that your stay was not to our usual standards.

I shall be addressing the concerns that you have raised with the appropriate teams and team members throughout the hotel, and I thank you very much for bringing these matters to our attention.

I have received your additional feedback with your contact details, and we shall be in contact with you in the near future to further discuss this matter.

Thank you very much once again, and you shall hear from us very soon.

Jarkko Uusi-Rauva
Front of House Manageruests to have a perfect stay here
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We held a business conference here, fantastic facilities, nothing too much trouble, Location perfect. Food sublime and rooms to die for. the staff were really helpful and freindly and espite being on business we all left feeling really refreshed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear madmina123,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to read that you have had such an enjoyable stay here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane.

Going forward, when you next plan a visit with us please do contact the hotel directly at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

A very nice hotel in the best European capital! Every thing is alright, though the stylings are a little dated. Would definitely recommend this hotel! The west facing rooms have wonderful views of parkland; other rooms have great city views. Swanky cars and beautiful people!

• Stayed April 2014
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Lynny S,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am most pleased to read your positive comments regarding our location, and that the views from the room were so to your liking.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here with my family on 19 July and we had interconnecting rooms on the 11th floor with an impressive view of London. We found the front of house staff exceptionally helpful and the hotel definitely lived up to expectations. The view from the bar on the 28th floor is spectacular. This is certainly a very classy hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Edwin222,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very happy to read that you have had a great stay here with us, and the the front of house team in particular showed you such excellent service.

Thank you very much once again, and we certainly hope to have you back with us again in the future.

Buckingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed on the 17th floor with the most amazing views. There was the most delightful little dessert left for me for my birthday and the room was immaculate and the air conditioning perfect on a baking hot day (34 plus degrees outside) It was an exceptional stay apart from having to pay for Wifi!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Sarah W,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to read that you have had a wonderful birthday here with us, and I do hope to have you with us again in the future for the same celebration!

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have always been Hilton member and stayed with them for 90% of my work travel. Sadly I have to say that a combination of slow service, noisy cleaning staff, broken fixtures and one of the tiredest rooms of any 'luxury' hotel I have stayed in, this will probably be the last Hilton I stay in.

If you're a tourist in London, only go for the view.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Hotel Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Paul D,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very sorry to read that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a perfect, 10 out of 10 stay, and it is clear from your comments that this was not the case in your experience.

I have sent you a private message on TripAdvisor so that we may discuss this situation in further detail, and I do look forward to hearing back from you with your further feedback.

James Clarke