“Very good hotel in London for tourists”

London Hilton on Park Lane
Ranked #331 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Texas
“Very good hotel in London for tourists”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with how nice this Hilton is.

Location - awesome, amazing, easy to walk to all the main attractions, lots of pubs and restaurants within 5 minute walk

Room - pretty good size for London standards but needs some updates

Hotel common areas- a bit dated, needs some updates but adequate

Club lounge - well worth the price, not very upscale but access to snacks and beverages throughout the day was nice to have

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear SMSMHH,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to read that overall you have had a very good stay here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane. It sounds like our location was perfect for your needs, and I am so pleased that you have had such a nice time.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Palo Alto, California, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I only had the opportunity to stay here for one night. It's a great Hilton, very well kept, and the room was small but organized well so that all of the space was well managed. There are several bus stops (one that goes right to Paddington Station to get to Heathrow) across the street. I also took a bus from King's Cross to the hotel, and it dropped me off right in front. It couldn't have been easier... I didn't want to bring my luggage into the underground, so the bus was an easy solution. I also saw a show in the West End, hopped on a bus, and was back to the hotel in 10-15 minutes. Great location, beautiful views and very lovely overall. I would absolutely go back if I could afford it.

Room Tip: Use the buses to get around London
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Spencer W,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to read that your one night with us was to your satisfaction, and that our location in particular was so well suited for all your needs.

Thank you very much once again, and I do hope to have you with us again in the future!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at the Park Lane Hilton for the second time and once again it was outstanding. Great location and first class service were taken as read. I have been in London several times but this was the best stay ever. The executive lounge with all it has to offer throughout the day and in the evening was an experience not to be missed. All in all I'm of the opinion that accommodation can make or break a holiday and I can honestly say I have never written a comment on trip advisor before but felt that in doing so, people can share in the perfect stay we had. The entire hotel was immaculate. I would like to make a special mention of Mr David Gerard who took the time to ensure we had everything we wanted. Finally a big thank you to every member of staff we came into contact with. We plan to be back next year with our daughter and grand daughter - can't wait.

Dear Franmcmonkey,

Thank you so much for your recent review.

I was thrilled to hear that you have had a great stay here with us, and that your experience here at the London Hilton on Park Lane.

Please do contact me when you plan your next stay, and we will make sure that your next visit is as well enjoyed as this one!

Hong Kong
Reviewed 29 July 2014

we booked 2 connecting rooms with my kids staying in the other. it was good sized rooms enough for suitcases to be lying around.
location was fine for me, close enough to marble arch and the sights but not too busy.
only complaint is the bed. seems to be old and worn out. one side was sagging.
otherwise, good choice especially if you can get a special rate that sometimes comes up on hilton's website.

Dear avidtravellerhk,

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that overall, your stay was an enjoyable one.

That being said, I am very sorry to read that the bed in the room was not to your satisfaction. So that I may have this matter immediately rectified, if I may ask you to please contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com with your name and date of stay, I would be most grateful.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I brought our 16 year old daughter to London as she has been wanting to go for several years. I used a combination of Hilton Honors points and room rate to pay for a weeks stay. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and discovered I'd rec'd a complimentary upgrade which was a great start to an awesome trip. The room was very comfortable and well appointed. We were on the 15th floor with a wonderful view of Hyde Park. The staff was always friendly and helpful(upon check in Thomas was especially attentive to our needs). The room was always cleaned and water was restocked for us daily. We also received a visit each evening offering more water. We did order room service one night(too tired after an exhausting day to go back out for dinner) and it was brought exactly when we were told it would arrive and the food was delicious(especially the warm brownie with ice cream and chocolate sauce)! One thing I found odd...and I don't want this to be taken as a criticism as it in no way detracted from our stay...was the housekeeping staff did not consistently replenish our coffee/sugar each day. We would call for more and it was brought promptly but I just found that a little odd. My wife insisted they were having a bit of fun with the Americans...I'm not sure about that but I must emphasize this is a wonderful hotel and the staff was nothing short of outstanding. This was my first trip to London and first stay at this hotel and I know it will not be my last. I will choose this hotel again for my next trip and beyond.

Green Features: The hotel offers you the choice of reusing your towels, etc or having them laundered each day. I'm not sure if they separate items for recycling but I sure hope they do.
Dear checkcheck38,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to read that you have had such a positive stay here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane. You have mentioned Thomas in particular on arrival, and I will ensure that he is appropriately recognised at our monthly recognition ceremony.

I am sorry to read that your tea and coffee station was not appropriately replenished throughout your stay. So that I may investigate further, if I may ask you to please contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com with your name and dates of stay, and I will raise these comments with the Housekeeping team.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had very disappointing and distressed stay in Hilton London Park Lane. We travelled there with our 2.5 years old daughter from North West of England to show her to capital first time. Since we wanted this to be special and memorable, we have chosen Park Lane Hilton. We have heard quite a lot of nice things about it and we wanted to experience too! What A regret! It ended up disastrous experience due to extremely rude and arrogant receptionist, Sebastian, I have seen in all my hotel experience with Hilton!
When we arrived hotel at 10 am, we were told ‘our booking are standard king room and none of the standard room are ready, only executive rooms are ready and we have to pay for 85 pound for an upgrade which include breakfast and executive lounge’ That was all we have informed in a rush! (That was a bit strange not only single standard room was ready while executives were ready!)
Usually Hilton is very good to make a complimentary upgrade or place you a room immediately especially if you have arrived with a child sleeping in the pram. But it was clear it was not going to be the case this time. We asked about the breakfast price and made the calculation and we decided to pay for an upgrade and get into room as soon as possible.
The first room we have given 2206 did have a design which was not quite possible fit child bed. When I went to reception to change the room, the receptionist, Sebastian told me he could only make the change after 3 pm. Fair enough! But the way he talked to me rather disturbed me but since I didn’t want to spoil our only one day stay, I kept quiet!
Next day, when we arrived for breakfast in Lobby, we were told ‘we can’t have a breakfast in the main buffet; we could only have in the executive lounge. That was a surprise for us since it was not what we were told clearly. I and my husband went to reception to explain the situation and unfortunately the same guy Sebastian was the one available. When my husband explained the situation to him , he rudely said over talking to my husband, ‘my colloquies are very reliable and I don’t think they have not said...’ My blood boiled at that point when he implied that we were the ones who were not reliable and might be lying to get a breakfast in the main buffet. I was furious but still in control since i didn’t want to ruin the remaining of the day. He said you can have a breakfast. Although I didn’t want to have anything at all after that point and leave the hotel straight ahead, my husband stopped me by reminding our daughter need breakfast etc. I was so upset, so as my husband, we had a breakfast and checkedout immediately after that.
It only takes one rude personnel to ruin your experience and stay. I can’t understand how Hilton can afford such a rude, bossy person to meet with customer as a first face of the hotel. I will also take this up with Hilton Hotels since he accused us lying e and trying take advantage of Hotel. Not only he ruined our daughter’s first visit to London, we wasted our time, our voucher in the worst possible Hilton experience and we had to pay extra for it! I am so disappointed! It is sad that we will have to associate Hilton Park lane with such an awful experience! Only nice memory we had taken was from one of the kind concierge we have ever met! Thank you Concierge!

Room Tip: Room 2121 was ok
3 Thank PrincessandThePea72
Hilton_ParkLane, Front Office Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear PrincessandThePea72,

Thank you for your recent feedback.

I am most concerned to read what you have said in your review, and please rest assured that I will be following up with the team regarding how this has happened and how the situation could have been more appropriately handled.

I can confirm that our check-in time is 15:00, and that while we do strive to accommodate our guests immediately upon their arrival a complimentary upgrade for this reason would not be possible. That being said, it is clear that the communication from our side has not been appropriate, and I am very sorry for this.

I shall also send you a private message with further questions, and I will very much appreciate your reaching out to me upon your receipt.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Jarkko Uusi-Rauva
Front of House Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Hilton Park Lane is a landmark in London as across the city you can see its 28 storey tower on the edge of Hyde Park.

We stayed for a quick one nighter for a meeting then birthday meal in th city and booked a cheapo room as Hilton Diamond members. On arrival we were upgraded to the 21st floor Park Lane Suite! I cannot express my wonderment enough nor my gratitude to Hilton for rewarding our loyalty - it was truly an awesome suite with a balcony overlooking all of Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace and west London for absolutely miles. Truly stunning place.

We also had afternoon tea in the excellent executive lounge overlooking Hyde Park too with a wonderful buffet breakfast the next morning. We were so sorry to leave!

This hotel really is outstanding as the flagship Hilton property in London. It has great staff and great views with a fabulous location on Park Lane in Mayfair close to the tourist buses and Hyde Park corner or Green Park tube stations. We drove up and parked in the Vinci Mayfair car park underground just opposite - expensive but ultra convenient.

Can also highly recommend the dining and drinks options in the Hilton as we've previously had greattimes in both Trader Vics in the basement and Galvin on the top floor - again if you want views, don't miss the restaurant or cocktail bar!

Thanks Hilton, much appreciated . Great customer service

Room Tip: high floors offer great London views from all directions
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Karen7,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am thrilled to read that you have had a wonderful stay here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane, particularly as a Diamond Member and a TripAdvisor Top Contributor.

We pride ourselves on providing these sorts of magic memories for our guests, and I am very happy that your stay was so well enjoyed.

Thank you very much once again,a nd when you plan your next visit to the hotel please reach out to us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com with any enquiries or requests.