“Serenity in London is possible”

London Hilton on Park Lane
Ranked #339 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 August 2014

With my business activities completed, I wanted to stay at a hotel that offers the convenience of downtown London but still provide for a calm and peaceful environment. Hilton Park Lane truly delivered on that front. Although I arrived quite early in the morning, fortunately a room was available for me on the 18th floor with fantastic views of Hyde Park across the way. Staff during check-in was helpful and efficient. Being it was my first time to London, quick access to the hop on/hop off Big Bus was a necessity. Not only is the bus stop just right across the street via a subway, the lack of the standard madness found at some of the other bus stops made this location ideal. Rooms were nicely appointed with easy push button controls of the window shades facing Hyde Park. One reason why I wanted to stay here is the ability to take a peaceful run/walk around Hyde Park in the early morning, especially during the weekend. Serenity is indeed possible even in London! Given my status with Hilton, the Executive Lounge on the 2nd floor provided a nice breakfast in the morning with choice of baked goods, eggs, deli meats, cheeses, and help yourself coffee machine overlooking the front entrance of the hotel. Although the most expensive Hilton property in town, the amenities and comforts of the hotel made for a wonderful stay. Recommend and look forward to coming back next year when I am in town again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Hype Park are phenomenal, especially those on the higher floors. Views of the park are...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jumbojetlee
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Jumbojetlee,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to read that you have had an excellent stay with us here, and that you have found serenity in our busy city!

Thank you very much ocne again, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We booked for an evening meal only during a short break to London. The best decision I made! The food was superb - beautifully presented and exceptional taste and quality. The service was outstanding. It was unobtrusive but always there at the right time. I will definitely be recommending and returning myself.

The dining area itself was less impressive and unfortunately did not project the same image as the food. I hate to say it was rather shabby, cafeteria like, lacking ambience and the table settings were poor. It needs a good refurb, the windows dressing, the seating upgraded and the tables set with more sophistication. If they get that right the experience would be outstanding.

1  Thank Fabb3

Dear Fabb3,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to read that both the food and the service you have received on your visit were so to your satisfaction, and I will make sure that the kitchen and restaurant teams are made aware of your great comments.

That being said, I can appreciate what you have said regarding the image of the restaurant, and I will certainly raise your feedback with the appropriate parties to ensure appropriate improvements where possible.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to havign you back with us next time.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

great rooms very friendly staff, always greeted warmly needed a room in a pinch and they came through saved my vacation from disaster thank you all, I will definitely return on my next trip to London. It was a bit pricey but the reason for that was currency exchange not Hiltons fault

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank 585myrap

Dear 585myrap,

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

I am thrilled to read that our team has assisted you so well, and in a pinch situation have provided you with just what you needed to relax and enjoy your time in London.

Thank you very much once again, and we look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Hard to ask for more in London. The staff are friendly and helpful, the hotel clean, modern and well maintained, and the location is where you want to be. It competes very well with the other first rate hotels in the immediate area.

Room Tip: An upgrade is not a lot more money, but the view is worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear R1andR2,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to read that your stay has been so nice, and that compared to other hotels that you have enjoyed we rank among the best.

Thank you very much once again, and when you plan your return to us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane please do contact us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Impressive hotel, polite staff on reception, great room with iconic London skyline, comfy beds, immaculately clean so all good except for queuing for breakfast. The kitchen could not keep up with demand for traditional breakfast so had to wait for at least 20 mins for food servers to be replenished only after many hostile and hungry guests complained. Spoilt a lovely stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Englishrose664,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that overall your stay was a lovely one, and that your room and the views were so to your satisfaction.

That being said, I must apologise for your experience during the breakfast. I would like to know the dates that this took place, so that I may follow up with our restaurant team and ensure that such a situation is never taking place again. If I may ask you to contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com with this information I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Highly recommend this hotel if you are prepared to pay the price. Although given the location the price is reasonable. Easy walking distance from Paddington station and then easy walking distance to the start of piccadilly

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Chris C,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to read about your enjoyable stay, and I do look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with how nice this Hilton is.

Location - awesome, amazing, easy to walk to all the main attractions, lots of pubs and restaurants within 5 minute walk

Room - pretty good size for London standards but needs some updates

Hotel common areas- a bit dated, needs some updates but adequate

Club lounge - well worth the price, not very upscale but access to snacks and beverages throughout the day was nice to have

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear SMSMHH,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to read that overall you have had a very good stay here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane. It sounds like our location was perfect for your needs, and I am so pleased that you have had such a nice time.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.