Handy (but expensive) parking.
Nice friendly and efficient check-in and doorman.
Lovely room - ok size including extra bed, with modern bathroom.
Fantastic view from room - 24th floor gave view over Green Park, Buckingham Palace etc.
Great meal, service and view at Galvin's (inc Birthday brownie, thank you).
Executive lounge - went there for pre-dinner drink (18:45), but my 13yr old son was not allowed in the bar (why who's evening is it going to spoil, a 13yr old lad, sitting quietly with his parents before 8pm - a daft rule?), and the other non-bar room looked like a wasteground with several tables but no chairs and no member of staff to be seen.
So tried to go to Galvin's for the pre-dinner drink, but again my son is not allowed in there (again, who's evening is he going to spoil?)
So back down to the Podium bar in the lobby, where we had the pleasure of a round of drinks served in a bar with no view or atmosphere, in between the barman noisily restocking his bar from a store cupboard right where we were sitting; several times, the clanking of boxes of bottles made it difficult to have a conversation. For this privilege, we paid over £30 for the single round of drinks, which ideally should have been free if the Exec Lounge had been more hospitable.
Exec Lounge for breakfast? Thought we'd give it a second chance. However, no available tables and it was all too much of a scrum. I really don't know what makes this "Executive"? We left without breakfast (went to Smiths in Smithfield instead, for reliably great Full English).
Usually stay at either Le Meridien or Sheraton Park Tower (both nearby), both are much more child-friendly and offer much better breakfast experiences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Mayfair, the London Hilton on Park Lane is close to all that London has to offer, whether it's musicals and theatres or world famous landmarks. Soaring high above the city streets, the hotel is famed for its unparalleled five star luxury. With 453 spacious guest rooms, including 56 suites, there is something to suit every taste. Meanwhile, the five bars and restaurants remain destinations in themselves, offering something for every taste, including our Michelin-starred restaurant Galvin at Windows and trendy nightclub Whisky Mist at Zeta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Nozio Netplan srl, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your London Hilton on Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London Hilton On Park Lane Hotel London
- Hilton Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- Hilton London
- Hilton Park Lane