“Lovely location and room but "Executive" Lounge is a waste.”

London Hilton on Park Lane
Ranked #331 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Poole
“Lovely location and room but "Executive" Lounge is a waste.”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Positives:
Good Location.
Handy (but expensive) parking.
Nice friendly and efficient check-in and doorman.
Lovely room - ok size including extra bed, with modern bathroom.
Fantastic view from room - 24th floor gave view over Green Park, Buckingham Palace etc.
Great meal, service and view at Galvin's (inc Birthday brownie, thank you).

Needs improvement:
Executive lounge - went there for pre-dinner drink (18:45), but my 13yr old son was not allowed in the bar (why who's evening is it going to spoil, a 13yr old lad, sitting quietly with his parents before 8pm - a daft rule?), and the other non-bar room looked like a wasteground with several tables but no chairs and no member of staff to be seen.
So tried to go to Galvin's for the pre-dinner drink, but again my son is not allowed in there (again, who's evening is he going to spoil?)
So back down to the Podium bar in the lobby, where we had the pleasure of a round of drinks served in a bar with no view or atmosphere, in between the barman noisily restocking his bar from a store cupboard right where we were sitting; several times, the clanking of boxes of bottles made it difficult to have a conversation. For this privilege, we paid over £30 for the single round of drinks, which ideally should have been free if the Exec Lounge had been more hospitable.

Exec Lounge for breakfast? Thought we'd give it a second chance. However, no available tables and it was all too much of a scrum. I really don't know what makes this "Executive"? We left without breakfast (went to Smiths in Smithfield instead, for reliably great Full English).

Usually stay at either Le Meridien or Sheraton Park Tower (both nearby), both are much more child-friendly and offer much better breakfast experiences.

Room Tip: 2405 has lovely views over Green Park and Buckingham palace. Pay less for a lower, non-Exec room. T...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank shentodj
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear shentodj,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to read that overall you have had an enjoyable stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane.

That being said, I can appreciate what you have said regarding the Executive Lounge section. I will certainly be raising this with the appropriate teams to understand what has taken place here, and how to make appropriate improvements going forward.

Thank you very much once again, and I do hope to have you with us again in the future.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Wow, what an amazing, lovely, scrumptious, delicious afternoon tea. From the moment we arrived, it was pure luxury. The smell as we walked into the lobby was just amazing. I don't know if it was air freshner or what, but it smelt delicious. We arrived at the Podium Restaurant and we were early for our 2.30 pm booking but we were accommodated and we sat down at 2 pm. Our waitress Marta was brilliant, she explained the menu to us and me being a nut allergy sufferer the restaurant accommodated this allergy fantastically. The food was amazeballs, you definitely need to do this fantastic afternoon tea. Thank you for making this afternoon great.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Emma P,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very happy to read that your afternoon tea was so fantastic. In particular, you have mentioned that despite your suffering from a nut allergy, our team has still ensured a fantastic afternoon. I am so pleased to hear this, and I will certainly be speaking to the team to thank them for their great work.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you back with us in the future.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Being a regular visitor to London, have stayed in many hotels in London including quite a few Hiltons. But this one is undoubtedly the best hotel I have stayed in, in this city.

London is notorious for its tiny cupboard sized rooms, but the rooms here are really spacious and nicely done up. The staff at the reception are very efficient and courteous and work with a certain amount of flair, which is always a nice touch. They are obviously well trained and proud of their hotel.

The location is just fabulous, you can't possibly go wrong with a location like Park lane. Just across the road from Hyde Park and very close to Oxford street, Marble Arch etc. Hyde Park Corner Tube station is just a couple of minutes away.

Just round the corner from the hotel, there is a quaint shop which sells beautiful Italian handmade paper and other stationary items and paper for book binding. As you step out of the hotel, turn right and then another right. The shop is worth a visit just to even browse around and served by a very friendly lady.

Of course the rooftop bar at the hotel is not to be missed. Some people may enjoy the views of the Hyde Park from their rooms, but personally speaking I enjoyed the city facing rooms more. You have a really nice view of the city from the higher floor rooms and an enticing view of the London Eye, which is lit up beautifully at night.

Room Tip: Take a high floor room, either looking the Hyde Park or the City. Both are nice and I personally li...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tzell
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Tzell,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am thrilled to read about what a lovely stay that you have had here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane.

You have mentioned the Reception team in particular, and they could not be happier after reading your great review. I personally went and congratulated them on a job very well done indeed, as this is exactly the type of impression that we want to make on our valued guests.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward ot having you with us in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I am writing this very belated review simply because I didn't get round to it earlier, however I feel compelled to write given the excellent service I received. My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Park Lane on the 11th of April.

While we only stayed 1 night, our stay was fantastic, probably the best of our lives of any hotel. Having said this, the main reason being was that as a diamond member we were upgraded to one of the Hotel Suites which was nothing short of phenomenal!

However, it was not all about the room. The receptionist that dealt with us gave first class service, he was very friendly professional and polite and acknowledged that I do stay in Hilton hotels a lot and was prepared to take initiative and reward me for being a loyal customer, in my experience not all staff will reward to such a degree.

Apart from the room the hotel is in an excellent location next to Hyde park and Knightsbridge. The rest of the hotel is also very attractive and comfortable. On a previous occasion I sampled the food at the restaurant and found it to be very good, though perhaps a little on the pricey side (windows at Hilton). However this isn’t surprising given the view/ service/ location.
The only downside I could mention is that, as a swimmer, I missed the fact that the hotel has no pool and that the Breakfast area is a little small, however these are minor points (our breakfast was free due to being a diamond member).

All in all, I could not have been more satisfied with my stay. Thank you Hilton!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Joe B,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

Belated or not, I am so pleased to read that you have had such a great stay with us, particularly as a Diamond Hilton Honors member. We always strive to provide an amazing experience for all of our guests, and I am very happy indeed to read about your terrific stay.

Thank you very much once again, and we look forward to hearing back from you in the future.

Westerham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had a lovely meal at The Hilton Park Lane in the Podium restaurant. Food was very yummy and the staff were friendly. We booked over the telephone and they had our table ready for us when we arrived. Fantastic food and service!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear emca32,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so happy to read about your lovely meal here with us at Podium, and I will be sure to let the team know that your evening was so well enjoyed!

Thank you very much once again, and we look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I travel hundreds of nights a year for work and vacation. Two of my biggest needs of a hotel are cleanliness and customer service. Hilton London on Park Lane has both above any and all expectations. I hope I am not a high maintence traveler and I do understand the different levels of hotel categories. The Hilton London on Park Lane exceeds all levels when it comes to its staff. From the doorman to the Security in the Lobby to the front desk to the bellman right through to the Executive Lounge Club staff, helpfulness and genuinely nice with everything. No question or request I made was out of bounds and was answered. Two specific incidents I would like to share in that happened on the same trip last month. Because I used mass transit I got to the hotel well before the appropriate check in time. The front desk could not have been more gracious and helpful. From allowing me access to the Executive Lounge to freshen up and have a cup of coffee to recommendations of activities in the nearby area for me to enjoy while they promised to contact me when my room was available by cell phone. Which it was very quickly, again well before the standard check in time.
The other example I would like to mention is the assistance I received for getting around London from this hotel. Normally I stay in another part of town and was unfamiliar with this section. Often hotel staff guides customers to certain eateries and transportation that will accommodate the hotel or themselves more than the guest. Not here. The Concierge, Doorman and the front desk gave me simple, useful; as well as economically fair ways to get to where I was going. The directions were from obviously known places like Gatwick Airport and the O2 to residential locations.
Even though this hotel is in a different part of London then I need to visit, I will from now on go out of my way to stay here. That is how important Customer Service is to me when I travel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear MGTravels2014,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am thrilled to read about the great service that our team members have provided you during your recent stay. It sounds as though every member of the team left a fantastic lasting impression, and I am so pleased that they have provided you with such an excellent experience.

Thank you very much once again, and when you next plan a return, please do contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Friendly staff.. Great hotel.. The food was amazing.. And its close to everything you want to go to in london

One thing i didnt like, the website said they had babysitters and when i needed one they said they didnt have and need to arrange for one and that will take time..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nouf S
Dear Nouf S,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am very pleased to read that overall, you have had a great stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane.

Babysitting services are available via a third party, which does require arrangement. We did used to be able to provide an in-house service, however at this time any babysitting service would be through a third party.

Thank you very much once again, and I do hope to have you with us again.