5 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$283
Trip.comUS$281
CheapTicketsUS$282
4,081 results
All reviews the executive lounge podium restaurant trader vics mayfair suite afternoon tea overlooking hyde park diamond member buckingham palace green park high floor an upgrade london skyline london eye big ben concierge doorman piccadilly
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 August 2019 via mobile

Every evening our floor had a very strong smell of cigarette smoke. I informed the front desk on 3 separate occasions and nothing was done about it. At one point I was even told by the front desk, “Are you telling me because you want me to do something about it?” This surprised me. Isn’t this the your job? Why else would I call? My complaints went on for a few more days without anything being done about it.

At the end of the day the hotel didn’t want to address the smoking issue. They knew who was smoking but didn’t want to correct the problem. This was perplexing to me. At one point they told me they had fined the offending guest. They were almost more concerned with inconveniencing the smoker. I say this because I asked why they wouldn’t just ask the offending party to move to another floor where smoking is permitted. They told me on my final night there that it was not possible because the guest was part of a larger party on our floor. The fact that hotel management turned a blind eye to the smoking was was very disappointing.

All in all, the hotel should advertise that it is a smoking hotel because they permitted it. Additionally, this hotel is older and overpriced. It reminded me of an old Las Vegas hotel because of the strong cigarette odor and decor.

I would like to say that I have never written a negative review of a hotel and generally have always had extremely positive experiences at Hilton hotels. We are Hilton Diamond members and this hotel was one of 4 Hilton properties we stayed at in Europe during a 10 day vacation. The other 3 Hilton hotels we did stay at throughout Europe were wonderful. I don’t recommend this hotel and would not stay here again on a return trip to London.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank nameleftblank2
EmilyHilton, On behalf of the staff at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2019

Dear nameleftblank2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay.

We are very sorry to learn that your experience at the property fell short of expectations. We regret to learn of your concerns regarding smoking at the property and the service received from the hotel team. This is certainly not the lasting impression we wish to leave with our valued guests. Please accept our sincere apologies for a less than satisfactory experience on this occasion.

Please be assured your feedback is very important to us and your comments will be forwarded to the relevant teams for their review and consideration. We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton as our valued Diamond member and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to one of our hotels very soon for a more positive overall experience.

Reviewed 3 August 2019

When I was shopping for hotels for a summer trip to London, I had Hilton points to spend, so I chose the HIlton on Park Lane because of its location, good reviews, and good points value. i.e. I probably would not have been able to afford several hundred pounds a night for a hotel, but it was a good value for my Hilton points.

And I was so happy with my choice to stay here! First of all, the location is fantastic. I like to walk and run, and this hotel was walking distance from many London sights. It was also very close to two parks, where I had great people-watching runs each day. Tube stations were just a few minutes away.

Second, the room was very comfortable -- I received an upgrade for being a Diamond member, which was much appreciated. I didn't spend much time in my room, but it had a nice view and I was very happy with it.

Third, the executive lounge was the best I've ever experienced. I visited 3-4 times a day -- breakfast, afternoon snack, evening reception, and perhaps another time to stock up on drinks. It was open most of the day, and always at minimum had cookies and drinks available. There was plenty of space, and I never had a problem getting a table or a comfortable seat. There was even a bathroom with a shower, which could come in handy after a transatlantic flight when the room is not yet ready.

Finally, the service was awesome. The front desk staff was very friendly. I arrived before check-in and left my bags, and when my room was ready my bags were moved up to my room and waiting for me when I first entered. And the staff in the executive lounge was fantastic. I asked about the hours of operation, and the woman staffing the lounge came back in a couple of minutes with all the hours and services scribbled down on a piece of paper for me. That was very nice, and came in handy to plan out my many trips to the lounge.

Overall, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank eastquadeggs
Reviewed 1 August 2019

My comapny has a corperate deal with the Hilton chain so me and my colleagues stay here allot.

We all say the same thing, the floors (as i have stayed on different floors - mainly the lower ones) stink of smoke. The hotel has a strong Arabic clientel so dont know if they just open the windows or smoke in their rooms but it hits you as soon as you get off the lift.

My last stay in July i was in room 1322, which has a connecting door ajoining to another room, after a long day i came back to get some sleep - next door was having a party till 2am all i could hear was loud music and Arabic language. Called front desk nothing was done. Runined my meetings for the next day as i was so tired.

The breakfast is "meh", the location is great for the area but if your on the lower floors in summer in london expect to be hearing loud noises, fast cars reving their engines as people tend to play late.

Its no where near worth the £400-500/night price tag.

Going to have an internal meeting and see if we can move our contract to another hotel chain

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Thomas C
SongulHilton, On behalf of the staff at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2019

Dear Thomas C,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton experience with us.

We are honored to be informed that as an organisation you have chosen to stay with us.

We are pleased to be informed that the location of our hotel was convenient for you. However we regret to be informed that you your stay was not pleasant due to the smell and noise issues you have encountered. Please rest assured that we are aware on how much this could affect your stay with us and we appreciate that you have taken the time out to share your valued feedback with us.

Please rest assured that the issues you have highlighted will be shared with a member of our management team.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back for a more positive Hilton experience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2019 via mobile

Executive room - £600.
Poor fitted out room.
No turn down service.
No fruit or anything in the room.
Bizarre charges on bill for mini bar not used.

Staff incompetent at reception.

Seriously, why would anybody stay here with the choice of hotels on Park Lane?

Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank wgr22
AnnaKHilton, On behalf of the staff at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2019

Dear wgr22,

Thank you for your candid feedback.

We are sorry that we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

We apologized for the poor customer level you have received; please rest assured that this is not typical situation. I have addressed these issues with our staff.

The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2019 via mobile

Me and my friend went for afternoon tea, we was seated at the bar upon arrival while our table was ready,once seated our waiter explained the menu for us and asked if there was anything we wanted changing , then he explained about the teas, we choose our teas and when they were brought over you even get a timer to give you the perfect blend, unfortunatley we didnt like the teas we choose but this wasnt a problem and we was able to choose another blend..the food had started to arrive by this point..it was quite simply the most amazing food i have ever tasted the flavours were jist popping in our mouth, and the way that the cakes looks was quite simply stunning. Would i go back ....i think i could live there, honestly it was delicious ...we even got a carry bag to take home with 4 extra scones .

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sarahianh
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Relations Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2019

Dear sarahianh,

Thank you for your lovely review! I am so pleased you visited the Podium Restaurant to have afternoon tea and you were greatly impressed with the quality of food! I am glad that you were able to bring any leftovers home with you so that you can continue the afternoon tea experience at home.

We hope to see you again in the near future and maybe you can try one of our other excellent restaurants.

Kind regards,