“"HALL" MARK OF QUALITY”

London Marriott Hotel County Hall
Ranked #158 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Excellent Location. Only stayed 1 night with a friend as we were celebrating my birthday with supper at The Aqua Shard Restaurant (fabulous views over London at night- this building will be a great tourist attraction). Our room was spacious with two double beds (great mattresses and beautiful soft feather pillows), well stocked mini bar (even a small bottle of champagne- which was eagerly consumed) and loads of drawers and storage space (sadly lacking in some Radisson hotels). The view from our room was marvellous, Big Ben, HoP, and the River - some of Britain's best history. Our hotel was lit up at night and looked very pretty. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Valet parking well worth it - in fact my car was parked in the forecourt of the hotel during our stay - so I knew it was safe. Used the Steam Room & Swimming Pool which was larger than some other Central London hotels I've stayed in, everywhere very clean and tidy. Lovely large white thick towels both in the Leisure area and in the rooms. Sadly the jacuzzi was not working and the sauna could have been hotter, also a dress code for the Executive Lounge would be a good idea, we opted for Gillrays Bar and the Library instead, these only minor critiques so only 4 circles instead of 5. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, would recommend and would definitely come again. Courthouse Doubletree Hilton Regent Street - eat your heart out!

Room Tip: We were in room 314 not too far from lifts so can recommend this room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,658)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Gillrays Bar lovely bar with great views and good staff ! We met here to for going to the aquarium. The bar tender made me a lovely "gin fizz" a good choice . The place was buzzing and the atmosphere good. Excellent place to meet up before and evening out :)

Room Tip: Only went to the bar !
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed one night with a girlfriend. We had a lovely 2 bedded double room overlooking the river and the Houses of Parliament and could hear Big Ben which I personally loved. We had a most friendly and personal welcome from the staff when we arrived. You can drive there as valet parking is available. Plenty of help available for the luggage and the reception staff were also excellent. Lovely comfortable room with lovely pillows and soft fluffy towels in the bathroom. We had a drink in the bar which has lovely views over the river at night. We did not eat in the restaurant but had breakfast in the morning which was good with good selection of things to eat and lovely scrambled egg. We had help with our bags to depart and express checkout is available. I wish I had stayed here before as the hotel has a fantastic location for visiting London. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Best views at the front overlooking the river but you will here Big Ben chiming.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed for one night and had a room with a good view of the Houses of Parliament. The building was created as a home for the London County Council about 100 years ago, but has been converted quite cleverly. Because of the layout our room was a little way from the lifts, and it was a little unnerving that the London Eye pods looked in as they passed - sorted easily with the net curtain!
Price for the room was reasonable (by central London standards) but breakfast seems expensive. However its quality was good and the service fast.
There are a few restaurants within 100 yards but we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. The food was again of good quality and the standard of service excellent, with attentive and cheerful staff. I found it somewhat confusing that the person serving you was the person free at the moment you needed them, rather than a waiter allocated to your table. However I suspect that results in faster service overall.
The restaurant looks across the Thames. It seemed very noisy, presumably because of the curved shape and high ceiling.
The big advantage of this hotel is its proximity to Westminster and the political heart of the country.

Room Tip: Many rooms look out across the river to the Houses of Parliament
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Run-down hotel: towels are grey, the bath robe is tiny and it's so old I can see through it. 6:00 AM breakfast was delivered at 6:15. To make matters worse, water leaked from the ceiling (through an LED lamp!). My worst experience in London.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank 122Thomas
Theresa M, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel County Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Thomas,
Please accept my renewed and heartfelt apologies for the inexcusable shortfalls you encountered during your visit, I'd like to assure you these have been addressed with our Director of Engineers and our Executive Housekeeper. I understand my Snr Guest Relations Manager has responded to you directly and would like to thank you again for your feedback as it enables us to immediately correct the faults, maintain and indeed improve on our high standards. I trust we may have the opportunity to welcome you back and demonstrate a true Marriott Experience.
Yours sincerely,
Theresa Maw, General Manager
London Marriott Hotel, County Hall

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed at the Marriott London County Hall Hotel in August of this year (2013). The hotel is a little too big for my liking - a long hike to the guest rooms but the location is great! What I did like was the bar/lounge area - very nice and the staff very friendly. We only had one meal there - breakfast, and that was very enjoyable. My only real complaint was: we asked for a wake-up call and never received one. Luckily the other members in our traveling party gave us a call to check on us - making our departure okay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah H

Dear Sarah,
Thank you for your great review and positive feedback of your recent visit. My sincere apologies for not receiving your requested wake up call, for which I have personally addressed this issue with our Front Office manager. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the future.
Kind regards,
Theresa Maw, General Manager
London Marriott Hotel, County Hall

Reviewed 8 November 2013

My Auntie and I enjoyed afternoon tea at the library room with great views of the Thames and Big Ben. It's true, the bubbles are bottomless! Sandwiches were a bit disappointing and some were stale but nice selection of cakes and scones. Staff very efficient. When we booked we were worried that the 1.5 hour time slot would not be long enough but we arrived 15 minutes early and were shown to our seats. We left 3 hours later! Would definately recommend.