“Marriott Hotel county hall London”

London Marriott Hotel County Hall
Ranked #178 of 1,068 Hotels in London
surrey
“Marriott Hotel county hall London”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Payed £270 for what i thought was a 5 star hotel room not including breakfast include with a bathroom like a 2 star. Shower was a dribble and air con not working for air flow as windows didn"t open. when complained was offered a discounted on a room and vip treatment if we paid to come again... i don't thinks so.
In my mind a 5 star hotel should be amazing like the Horseguards hotel. same price
Breakfast was good.
Bar was nice.
Receptionist were all miserable and not helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank friendSurrey
Theresa M, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel County Hall, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting your views of your visit last December. We have immediately attended to the issues you encountered and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced.

These are certainly not the standards we are proud to provide and hope you will reconsider our offer to return, for it will give us the opportunity to demonstrate our true Marriott hospitality. Please feel free to contact me directly on theresa.maw@marriotthotels.com if I may be of assistance.

Kind regards
Theresa Maw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (675)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 6 February 2014

i booked the river view of the river Thames with open window ,but it turn out is not . on the photo look very nice big space but it turn out in the big room with one very small square window and is second floor ,from my sitting area i cant really see much , i need to be stand it up walk close to the window & look up to see the bottom of the london eye . not sure is this still call rive view . paying for 400£ a night . and room & hallway is old .

Room Tip: if u really looking for nice room best book the Balcony suites .
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy T
Dear TracyT,

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is through your comments that we can maintain and indeed improve our offer and services.

We are reviewing our accommodation description, as I sincerely regret you did not get the type of room expected.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the London Marriott County Hall.

Kind regards,

Theresa Maw
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here and were very impressed with our suite with its amazing views over the Thames of Big Ben. Sadly the breakfast was poor (serving dishes at a silly height - I'm tall and struggled to manoeuvre the food to a plate) and not much choice. None of the staff - other than the main desk staff- spoke English. This caused a major problem when we were caught up in a fire alarm/evacuation. On hearing the alarm as we were leaving our room, we were ushered to some back stairs by a non English speaking cleaner. Once in what seemed to be the very bowels of the hotel, we were abandoned by said staff and were trapped on the staircase, which was staff only and could only be exited (or accessed) via swipe card. I was 3 months pregnant and no one was in any rush to assist us!
Once we eventually found our way back to the hotel (the back staircase took us via some exhibition in the next door building) I complained to the Manager, who was barely apologetic.

Its close to amenities but if you want good customer service and care - STAY ELSEWHERE! !

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ShelleyAnn74
Jaqueline B, Guest Relations Manager at London Marriott Hotel County Hall, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Petecondyl

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here at The London Marriott Hotel, County Hall.

Please accept my heartfelt apologies for any shortfalls in service experienced during your recent stay with us.

Here at the Marriott County Hall, we pride ourselves on the high level of service that we provide therefore, it was disappointing to read that on this occasion it was not demonstrated.

With regards to the fire alarm evacuation, please rest assured that your comments have been addressed with our management team to prevent future reoccurrence. I have also shared your concerns regarding your breakfast experience with my Director of Food and Beverage.

Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention and once again, I extend my sincere apologies for any distress caused whilst in-house.

I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to County Hall in the future.

Kind regards

Jaqueline Bernardi
Resident Manager
Montpelier, Vermont
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed three nights in mid-December, something of a last minute couples visit to London. The location is of course magnificent, putting you right on the river and across from the Houses of Parliament. We had a king room overlooking the river (though most of what we saw was the structure of the London Eye). Upon arrival, the staff was very welcoming, giving us personal attention and a glass of mulled wine to boot. Our room was better than your average Marriott room, with a very comfortable bed and a variety of amenities that I wouldn't expect from a Marriott in the States. The hotel has an odd layout; the lifts were not centrally located and we had quite a walk from them to our room. Beyond that, a false fire alarm woke us up early on a Saturday morning and as we were exploring a part of the hotel that we had been invited to explore a staff member followed us around and acted as if we were trespassers. Still, we're willing to look past those inconveniences to appreciate the positives of this historic property and the lovely memories that we have of it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We booked two rooms at the County Hall Marriott, and we're given adjoining and inward facing rooms as requested. The stay was excellent, the staff very helpful, the accommodation up to usual Marriott standards and the breakfast very well cooked. A delightful place to stay with the children

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Soutanglie
Duren, Germany
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We were fortunate to stay here prior to Christmas and in a Big Ben Thames View room. Views were great and I think this really provided a wow factor to our room, especially during the evening.

Compared with other Marriott hotels the room was quite small, and I had been upgraded due to initial room selected and then the gold member card. It makes me wonder how a standard room would be.

The service on checkin was slick, and the valet parking and assistance with bags faultless. I didn't consider the £40.00 per night for parking too excessive and the car was kept at the front door which was convenient.

We stayed on a DBB rate and so were able to sample the dinner which was of a high standard. Breakfast was equally good both in the main dining room and the library (which doubled as a kind of executive lounge).

Overall very pleased with our stay as access to all major sites perfect and the standard of room and food good. If I am being critical I would only state that whilst the staff are friendly and accommodating, I felt not quite the level of care you may have received at others in the Marriott group. Perhaps it was the length of stay that provided this perception.

I would go back immediately if exploring central London, and it was a special occasion. I have stayed at the Premier Inn in the same locality "around the back of the building" and if it's no thrills your looking for without the views....

Room Tip: Big Ben Views
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ccozens
Honolulu
Reviewed 23 January 2014

What a classic elegant hotel. It was in the perfect location for anyone wanting to spend the New Years in London and experience the amazing fireworks. The front desk staff were decent, but where the hotel really shines is in their concierge desk and the staff in Gilray's restaurant. My husband and I spent the New Year holiday there and in advance requested for a booking for the New Year's Eve Gala in Gilrays. The staff corresponded via email and we were able to have friends join us for dinner at a great table with the best view of the London Eye and Big Ben. The Concierge was also so helpful in getting us last minute tickets to one of the shows and it was incredible! The only unfortunate thing is our room felt like it was in the bowels of the Titanic. My husband is a Platinum Elite and we were able to book the rooms with points so I'm not sure if that affected the type of room the hotel gave us since it was for free. We asked if there were any upgrades, but were told that nothing was available. The room was very nice and we had a great view, but it was quite a walk and really felt like we were in the dungeon, albeit an elegant one. Overall though, I would recommend the hotel because of its location which is just behind the London eye and across the bridge from Big Ben and there are two tube stations that are very close and if you want to spend New Years Eve in London this was the absolutely best location!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors and near to the elevator
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple