“Could be better”

Ranked #218 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Lymington, United Kingdom
“Could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Visited for one night last weekend. Great position, nice friendly staff. A few disappointments - only one robe in the room and no shampoo. You have to pay for the internet. They added a gratuity to our bar bill even though we left a cash tip. £25 for a breakfast!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DPW190774
Theresa M, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel County Hall, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

I sincerely appreciate your feedback and your kind comments regarding our friendly staff here at County Hall. A discretionary service charge is added automatically to your bill as stated in our menus. We are sorry this was not clear when you left a cash tip. We sincerely hope we may welcome you back soon.

Kindest regards,
T Maw, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in a standard room with a view of the big Ben and the parliament building. The view was very good, but our room is located right underneath the London eye, so during the day, the blinds have to be shut to prevent prying eyes from peeking into our room, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a view room.

The room was pretty clean, but during our stay, our AC wasn't working which made our room feel stuffy all the time. We had contacted the front desk but the problem was not resolved. There also was no turn-down service in the evening which is reasonable to expect for a hotel at this price point.

Room Tip: Be prepared to walk a very long distance from the hotel front door to your room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Theresa M, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel County Hall, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Tim,

I appreciate your kind comments and would like to apologise for the fact that your concerns were not dealt with, in a more attentive and prompt manner.

We will reinforce training within our hosts to ensure our guests are offered alternatives when the location or services to the room are not as expected. We hope to have the opportunity of extending a warm and a brilliant welcome back in the future.

Kindest regards,
T Maw,
Escondido, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My review addresses the workings of the Hotel, not the the location or views, which are outstanding. I booked 2 rooms with a view of the Thames for 3 nights - each room worth about $500.00 a night. For that price and a 5 star rating, I should be able to take a hot, not cold shower with a fresh bar of soap instead of the half used one I used the night before. I would like my keys to work and not to have them re-keyed twice for some unknown reason. Could there to be a jacuzzi instead of an empty hole in the spa? Maybe the plumbing could be adjusted so I didn't have to hear a loud noise every time my neighbor showered or flushed the toilet. I appreciated the umbrellas provided for our use until both of their handles fell off during the day. And 3 fire alarms went off in 2 days! I imagine a lot of the people who use the Executive Lounge are Elite Marriott members that aren't paying more for it. I paid close to $150.00 a night for its use - don't do it! It's small without any windows. There was one red and one white screw off bottle of wine to choose from and a couple of beers for happy hour. I went in at 7:45am to get coffee and both machines weren't working. The breakfast in the Library however is very good. It would be less expensive to buy my own drinks and have them in my room where there is a view and purchase the full breakfast. I actually had a wonderful stay here, but my point is that these are fairly easy fixes that need to be addressed to justify the price; they shouldn't just rely on the location and views to make the hotel an excellent one. I did speak to the manager upon check out and she seemed very receptive to the issues, so hopefully they'll work on fixing them - because I would like to comeback someday!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kat864
Dear Kat,

On behalf of the team at London Marriott County Hall I thank you for your open and constructive feedback. Of course I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay and completely agree the faults you encountered should have not happened. These are not our usual high Marriott standards and I have taken every point you raised and where possible I will ensure they do not recur.

It will be my pleasure to welcome you back and I’d very much appreciate it if you contact me when you plan your next visit to London, so that we may demonstrate a memorable experience.

Kind regards,
T Maw, General Manager
Canfield, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I recently wrapped up a 5 night stay at the Marriott London County Hall. From beginning to end, our stay was fantastic.

Details:
-Staff was very friendly and helpful. Check in was a breeze and we got to relax in the Concierge Lounge while waiting fro our room to be ready very early, which was a major benefit after taking the red eye from DC.
-Room was upgraded to a river view, which looks out at the London Eye (literally out the hotel's back door) and Big Ben! Our room was large, and had windows that you could crack open for fresh air. Bed was large and very comfortable.
-Concierge Lounge was very nice, with a liberal free Happy Hour from 5:30 to 9:30. Plenty of wine and beer, a nice coffee machine (Nescafe) and munchies. There was also a PC and printer that you could use.
-Breakfast was also included - with the lounge- for our Marriott level. It was delicious! Plenty of selection, and a friendly. efficient staff that checked on you to see if there was anything else you needed.

All in all, I would return here the next time I am in London without reservation. This fit the mold of how a Marriott is run.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel everything was spot on... The staff the situation, the whole experience..

I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends. We will return to this hotel on a regular basis now that we have found it.

Robert

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hadrian69
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Great service, very good quality of the accomodation, nice staff and attentive to the costumers needs, the location is amazing and we got a room with a great view to the thames river, we were not able to enjoy the facilities due to a very short stay but we will certanly come back, the cost is expensive but it is worrth due to service quality and location

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Greater Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hotel has a great location off Westminster Bridge. It is old and has retained its historical roots. The rooms are large but average quality but th3e staff are very friendly and willing to help.
The Executive Lounge is small and the food just OK but done with a smile. A good hotel in London

Room Tip: Try for a room overlooking The Eye and the Thames
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple