“Not worth It!!”

London Marriott Hotel County Hall
Ranked #150 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 June 2014

All you do is wait!! Room not ready when we arrived even though Marriott said it would. 3 hours later, one of our two rooms ready, another 2 hours later the other room. Rooms are as far away from elevator as possible, 47 rooms away. Bathrooms in bad shape. Moved to two rooms closer to elevator and supposed to be more updated, I guess they have never heard of caulk since the bathroom is in dire need. Next two days rooms not cleaned by 3pm. Had to call front desk and told would be right up, 45 minutes later still no housekeeping!! Definately not worth the money or the trouble!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Theresa M, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel County Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Judy E,

Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent visit. On behalf of the team, please accept our apologies for the waiting. We are a Grade 2 English heritage historic building and most of our rooms are along one corridor only, for which a detailed renovation planning is in progress. However there is no excuse for the lack of attention or delayed cleanliness you encountered.

We are proud of our usually high Marriott standards and hope you would consider returning to the hotel, when I would welcome the opportunity to demonstrate a true value and brilliant experience.

Kind regards,
T Maw
London Marriott Hotel, County Hall

Write a ReviewReviews (2,752)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Right on the Thames, overlooks the "Eye", aquarium with Big Ben and Parliament right across the Westminster bridge. We took a balcony suite for one weekend and could sit outside on our private balcony watching the river boats and getting great pictures of Big Ben and Parliament. Next weekend took an executive suite with a living room plus bedroom, again overlooking the Thames. Easy walk across the bridge to many sights, near the Waterloo train station from which you can get almost anywhere, tons of tour buses and tour boats available in walking distance, good restaurants. Outstanding staff and service!

Room Tip: Have to pick a room with a view of the Thanes river!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed for two nights in a room facing the river. The room was probably a fairly standard sized room and it was plenty spacious with nice furnishings. I was on a lower floor and was a bit concerned about noise from the pedestrians on the walkway along the river, but it never was a problem. I did have a nice view and I would expect that a higher floor most likely would offer an even better vista. I had breakfast in the café dining room in the morning and it was quite nice. The ground floor and lobby area are a bit confusing because of the maze like corridors but it does add to the charm of the building and offers the opportunity for a little more exercise while navigating to the dining room or bar. I have one complaint about this hotel. The business center for guests that are not premium Marriott rewards members or concierge floor guests is quite poor. I was just trying to check in for a flight and print a boarding pass. The printer did not work so the boarding pass had to be emailed to the front desk so that they could print it there. Then the internet service went down completely so I couldn't even log into the airline website. Another guest arrived to do the same thing. He had purchased internet time with the hotel and it was down as well. Not good for a large Marriott property in London.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

After an evening out in London with friends at the Boulevard Brasserie in Covent Garden, we had the treat of an overnight stay at this lovely hotel. Our Thames-view room was spacious, light and with of course a wonderful view. We were particularly fortunate with the weather too...London in the sunshine is such a radiant city.

The hotel and rooms are a mixture of classic and the modern. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and had the best night's sleep I've ever had in a hotel.
I particularly liked the separate area with mirror over it for drying one's hair. They are obviously trying to ingratiate us women! Totally wasted on my husband who leaves his hair to dry "au naturel". Of course I had to dry my hair....a woman's prerogative, especially after a swim. Yes the pool is a must. It's a very large pool for a hotel, situated on the 6th floor. After 15 lengths I thought I deserved breakfast, which we had in Gillray's Restaurant. It also overlooks the river and the view from the bar was even more spectacular...with views of Big Ben. I loved the mixture of traditional and modern in this restaurant. Tea served in classic styled silver teapots, but accompanied by stripey mugs and mini churns for the milk. My only criticism regarding the English breakfast served buffet-style in heavy ironware dishes was that it was only luke warm when I had my breakfast. By the time my husband went up they had replenished the dishes and his was piping hot.

Altogether a superb overnight stay, which I would like to repeat in the future.
The only other criticism was slow check in and check out, although we could have done express check out if we'd noticed the box!

Room Tip: We were in room 351
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here many times on business and pleasure. Every time excellent. Recommend to anyone. The position is great. Views are amazing. Breakfast in bed can't fault it. We dined in the restaurant and came away very happy. Service was spot on. Jack served us and he was very well trained. The rooms here are amazingly comfortable. I travel a lot and these beds are great. We helicoptered into London and were delivered to the hotel by a taxi organised by the hotel. Service top dollar.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was upgraded to a third floor suite with a priceless view in early May. There must have been no presidents or prime ministers in town, because that is what I felt like. Too bad hubby could not make it and I did not bring along 8 close friends because there would have been enough room for all of them in that suite. The living room had three windows looking directly at Big Ben just across the Thames. The bedroom window was so close to the London Eye that I had to remember to close the drapes when changing clothes.

Concierge lounge was so so with no windows of the spectacular view of the Thames. Breakfasts were provided on the ground floor in the Library restaurant. Lovely view and food. I did not eat dinner in the hotel because I was out walking along the riverbank all the way to the Tate Modern and then to the Old Tate the next day.

The indoor swimming pool is lovely as well. No one was there when I went, so it was perfect for lap swimming. It is a huge pool by hotel standards, so do take your suit. The pool showers are public, which blew my mind. So I just showered with my suit on instead of off. Weird, but it worked,

While my bill came to zero, nada, nilch as in it was free using points, I would have paid a lot for such a nice suite with breakfast. I was afraid to look up how much it would have cost, but if you are looking for a nice way to spend a lot of dinero, this is the place folks!

There are many expensive hotels everywhere it seems these days. This one is worth the price in my book. But do take someone to share it with.

Room Tip: The view. That is why you choose this hotel. So ask for a room with a view. And do not miss a vi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2014

First time at Marriott County Hall and it was great. Stayed for wedding anniversary and the hotel did a great job. Helped arrange a lovely bunch of flowers, got us a fantastic room with view, lots of little touches over the stay that were way beyond the minimum. Even when we forgot something in the room, they were on top of it and posted it back registered mail with no charge the next day. The rooms are getting a little old but the service was first class from the moment we arrived and the views are the best in London.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple