“Where's the bed???”

London Marriott Hotel County Hall
Ranked #161 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful location!! Staff were helpful but not over attentive. Thames riverfront room was small. The beds were smaller yet and they had too move us to a room with two beds like we asked. That was a hassle. It was quiet considering the location and that was nice.

• Stayed: May 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (2,701)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We booked our trip through Delta Vacations and confirmed a room with two double beds for the three of us at the Marriott County Hall. When we went to check in they said two double beds were not "guaranteed" it was EITHER a king bed OR two doubles. They said we could pay an additional 80 pounds (nearly $160 US dollars) for a room with two queens. And a roll-away bed would be an additional 15 pounds per night. Then they charged a 50 pound per night incidental deposit for a total of 250 pounds for our five night stay - "in case" we used the mini bar or the phone or charged a meal to our room. That was nearly 500 US dollars. That took a big chunk out of our vacation spending money. What happened to hotels asking for a credit card for the incidental deposit and then charging the card if need be? They gave me no information about their restaurant, how to use the pool or afternoon tea. It was a horrible experience for such an elegant hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you re- confirm in advance that they have the type of bed you actually reserved available...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Kathy1600
Becca B, Guest Relations Manager at London Marriott Hotel County Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay here with us recently at the London Marriott Hotel County Hall. I sincerely apologise for the inconveniences you experienced with your bed type and arrival experience.

At the London Marriott County Hall we pride ourselves on the high level of service we provide, and thus it is disappointing to learn that on this occasion we were unable to deliver our usual high standards that we are proud of.

Further training is being provided to the individuals concerned to avoid re-occurrence and to ensure that our standard of service is maintained at the high level that our guests expect and should receive.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay here with us. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Marriott London County Hall hotel. Although the rooms were expensive (like most hotels in London), we found the location hard to beat. Located close to all the attractions (our room had a view of Big Ben, right on the Thames river), this hotel is sure to satisfy those who want to be in the "heart of it all". Another benefit was that the hop on/hop off bus stop was directly in front of the hotel, very convienent.
When we checked in, Nora at the front desk was extremely pleasant and helpful (what a good first impression). There were six of us (3 adults, 3 children), so we booked 2 rooms. The rooms were spacitious, clean, and modern. Beds were comfortable and bathrooms were large.

On the down side, there was 1 ice vending machine (located on the 4th floor) that took some time to location. Additionally, I find it strange that Marriott hotels charge for internet service and when I can stay at another Marriott brand (I.e. Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, etc.) and the internet is free.

Overall, the location is great and the hotel staff was very customer focused. After 3 nights, we left satisfied.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed 2 nights while travelling in the UK with my 7 year old son in July 2014. Staff were brilliant with him; particularly Jason. The location is excellent, staff are friendly and the rooms were very clean. The pool was perfect and well kept. View of Big Ben from the room window was an additional treat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Oh my, how i love this hotel! Have had a few visits for afternoon Tea, but this was our 1st time staying, and it didn't disappoint.
The room had a fantastic view of The Thames, Big Ben, and the London Eye, which was wonderful to watch the various activities during the day, and at night, when everything is lit up.
Enjoyed our complimentary breakfast in the library, and access to the lounge for cooling drinks, after a busy day in the heat, and staff were lovely in both areas.
Would recommend our Big Bus Tour, which guides you round all the best spots in London.
Never get tired of visiting this lovely city, as there's always something to see and do. Perfect Marriot Hotel, as always!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank yvonnemckinlay
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I went there in 2012, i don't know if it has changed a lot.. maybe what happened to me was like a unique event BUT i go frustrated.
First, at the desk, there were only 3 in line (I was the third) and one person at the desk availble. Ok. I get it. But they took long.. taking into consideration that I was already tired and had a real jetlag.. you can imagine how I felt at the time. Ok.
The decoration is very elegant, classic style. Very nice. Hmmm, the room was ok as well, not a big deal though.
THEN, on the next morning, the BIG frustration of all: the breakfast. What the heck? Is that all you have? Nahh, I can't believe it. The hotel is expensive, the only reason for such prices can only be the localization. Near the London Eye and Big Ben... I liked it, but i'm not sure I'd ever go again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Biancapfortes
Theresa M, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel County Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for your kind feedback and sincerely regret you had a delayed check in experience. At the London Marriott County Hall we aim to continuously maintain and indeed improve our usually high standards. My apologies if this was not demonstrated during your visit in 2013. Our new Breakfast offering has had great reviews and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

With kindest regards,

T Maw, General Manager
The London Marriott Hotel, County Hall

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I am a long time customer of the Marriott hotel line and this is one of the best I have stayed in. Make sure to ask for a view of Big Ben when you check in for your room. The hotel is at the base of the London Eye and across the bridge from Big Ben. The view from our room was spectacular especially at night when the tower is lit up. It appeared to fill up the whole window. This hotel's location is prime as it is walking distance from Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square, The Eye and most of the other important sights of London. Gilroy's restaurant in the hotel has a fine menu and you will not be disappointed. The gym on the top of the building has spectacular views. All of the staff were on their game and we had great advice on how to get the most out of our 3 days in London. This is the only hotel I would chose if I were traveling to London.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Big Ben upon check in. It might be an upgrade but it is well worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple