“This is the best”

Ranked #734 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Massachussetts
“This is the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2007

This is personal, the feeling we had for this intimate charming home away from home...we stayed here for nine nights this February . The staff including Christine, Andrea, Juliana, Lucas, Vincent, Joseph were helpful, humorous, energetic and personal. We felt we were welcome guests in their luxurious home.
The rooms were charmingly decorated, warm, cosy and spotlessly maintained.The bath was clad in marble.and Molton Brown toiletries. The rainhead shower and heated marble floor were really welcome after walking in the cold.
The location is on a quiet street, Beaufort Gardens, one block from Harrods and other stylish shopping boutiques. The hotel is halfway between the Knightsbridge and South Kensington tube
stations making it easily accessible to all of London.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — no gym
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
15 Thank wrldtrav

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Trieste,Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2007

Just back fom a two night stay at this fabulous small townhouse hotel. Together with my Italian guests we were able to move around London very easily as the hotel is well located near all the tourist sights.. and Harrods is just round the corner.. Rooms very comfy and all the latest high tech - beautiful bathrooms with underfloor heating.. a delight..... Staff very kind and helpful - can arrange tickets for most things! Would highly recommend a romantic weekend for St. Valentines!!

• Liked — location and hotel
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
6 Thank joyceTrieste
Engladn, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2007

I took my parents to London just before christmas to see carols at the Royal Albert Hall, we took Trip advisors advice and stayed at The Parkes.
what can I say? no hotel I have stayed in has lived up to this place! I absolutely loved it. when we arrived, I had paid for an upgrade for my parents room but they also gave me and my partner a free upgrade too!
the staff were so friendly and the rooms were absolutely gorgeous, massive with big windows overlooking the quiet tree lined street below. everything was clean, and the concierge assisted us with finding a great restaurant nearby too.
The close proximity to Harrods and a busy shopping street may seem off-putting but you won't even notice it once you turn into Beauford Gardens, it is unbelievably quiet for somewhere so close to so many shops.
It was quite pricey for a hotel but as a treat, it was worth every penny.

• Liked — The rooms! They were huge!!
  • Disliked — dark bathrooms with high sided bath
  • Stayed December 2005, travelled as a couple
8 Thank georgie24
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2007

We stayed at this hotel for one night and really enjoyed our stay. We were greeted on arrival by Joseph and Christine who were pleasant and very helpful.
We had a 1 bed suite on the ground floor. It was spacious with really high ceilings, exceptional decor and good quality furniture and fittings. The suite comprised of a lounge area with bed settee, which faced onto the beautiful tree lined street, a useful kitchenette area, Marble bathroom and double bedroom. Two 42" LCD Screens, fully stocked Mini Bar, Molton brown bath products and fluffy robes.

The best thing about this hotel is its location, Its a really nice part of london and everything is close at hand. Take a day to walk down the street and visit the V&A, Natural History, and Science Museums. They are all free and about 10mins walk away.

The only thing I would say that might put me off returning to the hotel was the duty manager, she was rude to one of my guests and generally had a bad attitude.

• Liked — luxury
  • Disliked — duty manager
  • Tips/Secrets — go visit the Natural History Museum
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
9 Thank Davytin
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Parkes Hotel for a long weekend in Nov. Located in a great part of London city.
No complaints...Agree with what the last few posters have said so dont want to duplicate but highyl recommend it

• Liked — Just loved it
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
6 Thank sheila01234
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2006

We had a great stay at the Parkes. Outstanding staff, great room (Deluxe Double).

Upon an early arrival, we asked about theater tickets, and the staff was able to get us seats for that evening, text us the details, and bill it to our room -- prices weren't at all outrageous, even given the broker's fee.

Room was great, a little neighbor noise but never a problem at night.

I'd recommend it to anyone going to London... especially nice if you're arriving at Gatwick, as it's quite close to Victoria Station, which is the first and only stop on the Gatwick express.

Stayed December 2006
9 Thank OftenContentFlyer
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2006

The outside of the hotel looks just like any Georgian house around the Knightsbridge area but it's when you go inside and greeted by really friendly staff and when you see the room you won't be disappointed. I stayed in a double/suite and ok it's not massive but it's very clean and the bed is amazing. Bathroom is fantastic. Service is very good. I walked in with some flowers which I bought from outside, the staff asked if I would like them sent up to my room in a vase. My wife was very impressed ( she thought I bought them from the hotel - you kidding me!) It's only 1 min walk from Harrods and their are plenty of shops on the main road. You won't hear any noise as the hotel is situated on a side road. As it's a small hotel and not chain run, the staff do go out of their way to impress and give that more personal touch that is needed in most hotels I visit.

• Liked — Room and Staff
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple