“Good Location, not my first choice...”
Review of Parkes Hotel

Parkes Hotel
Ranked #749 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 July 2007

Stayed one night at this hotel.
Hotel was very well located in great quiet square off knightsbridge. Very well located for tourists to visit the sights, museums, shopping etc.

Staff were very helpful. Property is 'classic' old english design set in converted large London townhouses.

Somewhat tired communal areas. Bedrooms well equipped. Bathrooms very well equipped but TINY. I seriously think the bathroom with sink, shower, toilet was maybe 4ft x 4ft.. it was very well done, clean and cunningly designed but for a longer stay i think would've started to infuriate me.

All in all an ok experience but perhaps rather expensive compared to other hotels very nearby.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank visitorxyz
There are newer reviews for Parkes Hotel

Reviewed 1 June 2007

I have stayed at this great little hotel from Jan 2006 to May 2007 for a total of 11 business trips (81 days in total) and it became a home away from home for me because of the people, the attitude, and the hotel.

People at the Parkes: Fantastic is all I can say. Friendly and helpful in every matter, and they make you feel like you are part of their family. Always providing great recommenations, and sound advice to get around London.

The hotel itself: Great small hotel, I stayed in a single, double, and a one bedroom suite. the single is great size for European standards, the beds are extremely comfortable. They do not have a restaurant, but they have a room service menu that you can order from a variety of great restaurnts in the vicinity.

Leave your shoes out at night, and they are cleaned and polished every day for you.

Rooms are nicely done and very clean. Great location to Harrods and other dept stores. walking distance to Hyde Park.

They do not have a business centre, but the staff will print , fax things for you. The internet works fine in the rooms, but I had colleagues tell me that they had trouble connecting.

Overall I would say its a great hotel for business travel, but an even great hotel to take that significant other one.

• Stayed: May 2007
9  Thank Constant_Traveller99
Reviewed 29 May 2007

Stayed 2 nights with my wife, amazing hotel, fantastic staff and service. Looking forward to staying again.. simply perfect!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
8  Thank jamieettedgui
Reviewed 6 May 2007

Stayed two nights with my girlfriend in this hotel and we ended up not wanting to go out. Eventually we stayed most of the weekend in the hotel and just enjoyed the pleasure of living in a perfectly furbished environment with firendly service. If you want to spend the night in - make sure to check out the DVD classic corner in the lobby!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
8  Thank ViennaDiplomat
Reviewed 22 April 2007

Stayed here for the second time, this time for five nights in a superior one bedroom suite. The hotel's location is superb - a few minutes walk fromt he museums, Hyde Park and just next to Harrods. The suite was finely appointed, with all the amenities one could require. The bedroom was of a good size, and quite comfortably distant fromt he living room. The living room was quite large, with a small dining table for 3 next to the small but well equipped kitchennette, and good sized (and quality) LCD TV.
The hotel staff give consistent and very personal quality service, making you feel at home.
As in my previous stay - the only slight disappointment is the relative small size of the bathrooms. However, they are extremely well fixtured (including very useful under the floor heating) with a wonderful "rain shower head".
For some reason - I have twice encountered problems with the car service arranged through the hotel. Given the quality of their service in other areas, I tend to believe this is more bad luck than anything else.
All in all - a wonderful experience, which I intend to repeat sooner rather than later.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
6  Thank dr63
Reviewed 10 April 2007

My husband surprised me by arranging three nights at the Parkes Hotel. We were taking our three children, ages 12, 9 and 7 to Europe for the first time and had a two-night voucher at the Royal National Hotel as part of our British Airways ticket package. The plethora of scary reviews of the Royal had us all scared. My husband came to the rescue. The Parkes arranged for us to be picked up at Heathrow - a Mercedes minivan, the first I had seen. In the lobby we were warmly greeted and quickly whisked upstairs. The porter showed us to rooms 43 and 47, a suite and room that can be connected, and we were instantly awed. The suite had two bathrooms, both marble from floor to ceiling with lovely heated floors. The first had a deep, luxurious soaking tub and the second had an enormous shower with the biggest rainfall shower head I had seen - about a foot in diameter. Beautiful full-size Molton Brown toiletries - including two kinds of bath gel - made showering a wonderful treat. The kids couldn't believe the five-foot plasma television in the living room. The bedrooms were lovely and ample. Linens were thick, the duvets soft and cozy. We loved having a living room and small kitchenette. In the morning we ordered coffee delivered to the room and it was strong and delightful. They were also helpful in supplying and setting up an adapter for my laptop and digital camera. The location couldn't be beat. Harrod's is a block and half away and the Underground is an easy, pretty walk. There is a fun Lebanese restaurant right around the corner that is open late. I am quite sure we will never stay anywhere quite so nice and friendly again. We are now spoiled for the rest. Though it is expensive, it felt worth every penny.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
10  Thank Lucky65
Reviewed 12 March 2007

We stayed a weekend on the Romance Package. Reception was good and we were quickly shown to a junior suite. The living room portion was nice with a large flatscreen tv and a small kitchen with fridge, microwave and kettle.
We had two large suitcases and two small ones. Unfortunately there was no storage for our suitcases except to put them on the floor in the living room. The adjoining bedroom was very small. It contained a double size bed only. There was very little room to move.
The bathroom was nice with a good shower. The bathtub was not very comfy for reclining. The hotel is a modified house and as such when other guests came home late it was quite noisy. The view from our windows [they opened] was of the backs of restaurants on the next street over. There was a smell of food cooking. A smell of smoke came from other rooms.
The morning breakfast was in a nice lower level room and was excellent. Lots of choice in cereal and fruit. That lovely English yogurt and excellent latte.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple