“GREAT STAY !”

Corus Hotel Hyde Park London
Ranked #494 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed in CORUS HOTEL HYDE PARK just for one night on 28/5/14 ,..but I wish I had booked it for more ! we were greeted by several staff who really put themselves out to give us advise and help us. We made our way to our room 1029 on the 10th floor and were well impressed with the cleanliness of the room ,, it was immaculate .... breakfast was excellent.. a great choice ! all in all value for money in central London with a location that is accessible to anywhere !! well impressed and will not hesitate to book again.... our thanks to DANKA on reception who spent some time helping us THANKS DANKA !!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank den q
Nimo Abdi _, Guest Relations Manager at Corus Hotel Hyde Park London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Den q,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Corus Hotel Hyde Park; it was a pleasure to have you as our guest. I am so pleased to read that we met your expectations whilst you stayed with us. Your kind feedback is so invaluable to us and we truly appreciate you taking the time.

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (4,111)

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Staff in the whole were excellent, the rooms were very good, a little tired in places. The breakfast was OK, I would advise getting there early to avoid disappointment as by 9am the cooked parts were past their best. Overall we had a lovely stay and the location couldn't be more perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear RosieMWorcs,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Corus Hotel Hyde Park. We were overjoyed to read that our staff met your expectations and that you overall had a lovely stay.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Booked for two nights to attend a nearby conference. Very surprised at size of room. Very comfortable. Bathroom a little small but it's a bathroom!

Was going to use the restaurant but thought it was pricey so went next door to The Swan pub which was excellent (separate review) proved to be atmospheric and great value!

Will definitely consider hotel again if location suits needs, very good.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank T23rat
Nimo Abdi _, Guest Relations Manager at Corus Hotel Hyde Park London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear T23rat,

Thank you for choosing Corus Hotel for your visit. We were delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind review with the team here. We would like to thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience of us, it takes time and we truly appreciate it.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Corus Lancaster Gate has a great location.

The reception staff are lovely.

Some of the rooms are now much nicer than they were only a matter of weeks ago in a much needed refresh of the decor.

The breakfast needs a lot of organisation, although a nice spread we waited 25 mins for omelettes, in a hotel predominantly used by business clients this really is a problem as time is of the essence.

The late night menu is atrocious, all that was available was a cheese and ham panini or a salami pizza, niether of which could/would be served without the meat which leaves everyone from vegetarians to muslims to healthy eaters at a loose end. This is something which really isn't normal in a hotel catering to international guests or for that matter a hotel with a 4 star rating.

The fire alarms are beyond a joke, I was woken up every one of my 3 night stay at 2am by them going off.

Needs improvement, which it seems to be getting.

Room Tip: ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed at the Corus during the Olympics in 2012. Excellent breakfast and fantastic location. Just a few metres from the Lancaster Gate tube station. I have already booked another stay there next June.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I booked this hotel for 4 nights because of the location and the pictures that presented it. The reviews seemed to be ok. Hotels are not cheap in London and Corus was not the exception, actually turns out that it was too expensive for what we got.
I booked the hotel for me and my mother as I had promised her long ago I would take her to London, she had not been there in 32 years so I wanted something nice and in a good location. I, on the other had, have been to London many times, but usually stay at friends'. We took the subway and the hotel was only a 3 minutes walk, with the beautiful Hyde Park right in front. The lobby is quite nice with a large reception, piano (with a player at night) and restaurant. We didn't use the restaurant (pricey) but the menu looked nice. The receptionist, a young male with an Italian name (V), was not unpleasant but not friendly and warm either (everyone else we met in London was very nice). I had booked a "double" room thinking it would be "two beds" (I still have a hard time with hotel classifications there, I live in the States, why can't they just say 1 or 2 beds?), regardless, the price was the same for double or twin. When we got to the room there was just one bed so I went down to the reception and asked if we could change the room (I work in the hospitality industry myself so I'm always very polite and respectful when asking for anything, and often I prefer not to ask if I really can avoid it). The receptionist looked at the reservation and said we had paid for the double which is one larger bed. I explained my confusion and also that all the rooms (we bought a package inclusive of airfare months before the trip) had the same price when I booked; I asked kindly if by any chance there was a room with two bed available. He said there was but he could't change it because that's what we booked. My mother and I ended up sleeping in the same bed which, honestly, was too small for two people.
The room was ok but looked old an in need of refurbishing. The bathroom really tiny with a sink that barely fit two hands. The A/C wasn't working and the room was hot, a "tool" symbol was flashing on the controls, we asked a few times to have maintenance look at it but nothing changed, I don't know if maintenance came up at all. We would leave in the morning and return at night and leave the window open all day(sometimes housekeeping would close it). We also had a safe, kettle with tea and coffee (instant) in the room, as well as an iron/ironing board.
Our room was on the 8th floor off the main road, above the main entrance (it's on a side street) so we expected some quiet. The window was not noise proof at all, it always felt as if it wasn't closed, and I had to sleep with ear plugs every night (smashed against the wall as the bed was too small, for not pushing my mom out). The room was really really loud all night from the main road traffic even if we were not over that road. We had read a notice in the lobbying where hotel management apologized for the alarm going off the night before. Well, sure enough it happened again around 3am on our first night. I was sounds asleep with earplugs and the alarm really scared the hell out of us.
The location is great, once again, but I'm confident I can find a better hotel in a just as good location, on my next stay for probably a cheaper price. We had an amazing time in London, but not because of the hotel.

Room Tip: Do not get a street side (even the small road) room, way too noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The grand lobby meant I was a little surprised at the size of the room, which was small and fairly plain. However, it was clean, comfortable and contained everything we needed, and the hotel's location was convenient for the park and the Tube. I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Browneyedgirl79,

Thank you for sharing your experience of us with the online travelling community.
It was a delight to read your review, we were pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. Our room size do vary within each category, we have Executive, Deluxe and Suite rooms should you prefer in the future.