“Good location- room spatially challenged!”

Corus Hotel Hyde Park London
Ranked #514 of 1,069 Hotels in London
“Good location- room spatially challenged!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

There was only me staying in my double room and that was good because if there were two people in the room it would have been difficult. There was just enough room to walk around the bed, the bathroom was tiny and at 5ft 4in tall it was almost impossible to shower properly as the wall slanted in over the bath and you either banged your shoulder on the wall or got tangled in the shower curtain. If I'd have been taller or broader taking a shower wouldn't have been feasible. (ROOM 567). Breakfast was ok but the service for tea, etc was a little slow. Stayed at another corus hotel (Burnham Beeches) and really enjoyed my stay. Apart from the location this hotel however was a bit of a disappointment.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have stayed in the corus a few times through working with work in London and everytime I dread it. On the first week a fire alarm went off every night at 3am, apparently there was a malfunction but staff did not warn guests or even explain the following day. The rooms have extremely thin walls to the point where you hear your neighbours tv over your own- not very good when you are trying to sleep at 1am and you can hear very clearly someone's tv!! Reception staff is a hit or a miss too, most are very nice and fluent English but a on occasions English has been very poor basic words like Wi-Fi was not understood. Food is ok- it's a Malaysian menu so if you don't like that type of food, you will struggle. Breakfast is ok too, only issue is you need to ask for toast meaning when it eventually comes, your food and toast is cold! I probably wouldn't recommend coming to this hotel as you leave hungry and sleep deprived :(

• Stayed June 2014

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Liverpool
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived at the Corus Hotel for 1 night stay in the single room. Room was great except for the smell of damp but didn't feel the need to kick up a fuss.

I had a meal in the resteraunt hotel which was nice. However I had to order a prawn dish as all the chicken and lamb dishes were Halal. Again, no big deal.

The location is ideal to explore London with plenty on your door step.

A in all I got a good deal on the room with expedia and decent nights sleep.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

As the title states, it's a decent hotel while you are out and about. It's located about 8 minutes by foot from Paddington Station so getting there from the Heathrow Express is easy. Underground station is a block away and black cabs are easy to find so getting around is easy.

It's not the smallest hotel room I've seen but not the largest by far. If you are just looking for a convenient located hotel while you run around London this is worth booking.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Nimo Abdi _, Guest Relations Manager at Corus Hotel Hyde Park London, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Marcell S,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the online travelling community. We appreciate you taking the time. It was a pleasure to know that the location of our hotel was such a benefit for you and that you had a good stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back again soon,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I'm attending a series of meetings in the City area of London and wanted to avoid silly prices while also seeking good accommodation and service. The Corus ticks all the boxes and there is the luxury of the park for a walk or run. I received an unsolicited upgrade to an Executive Room and this met all my expectations - King Size Bed with numerous pillows and crisp sheets, a well provided bathroom - shower pressure was good and plentiful supply of hot water. All other amenities were excellent including limited (emails & web browsing only) wi-Fi, digital TV and AC.

The Breakfast Menu is comprehensive and the service is attentive - only criticism is the stewed coffee - stick to Tea and you will be fine.

All in all - a good value location for visiting London - as demonstrated by the high number of business travellers and tourists - mostly American. Make sure you haggle when booking - I sense that the staff will offer a good deal.

Room Tip: Top floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard M
Dear Richard M,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the online travelling community. It was a pleasure to have your as our guest. We were overjoyed to read that you enjoyed your stay and that we delivered to your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back again soon,

Biel, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I liked it very much. the architecture, the piano players and your people at the bar, on the front desk and the concierge. The location from the hotel to the Hyde park and the nearby underground station is perfect. I will come back, for sure!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bernadette f
Dear Bernadette f,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of us at Corus Hotel Hyde Park. It was a pleasure to welcome you as our guest. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found our location beneficial for you. I will be sure to pass on your very kind view to the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

manchester
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Booked the executive family suite (large room 2 double beds) here for 1 night with my husband & 2 young daughters. Upon arrival we were told we had been upgraded. The upgraded room had 1 double bed and 2 wafer thin camp beds. Aftet explaining to the receptionist that I would like to decline the upgrade as the beds were not suitable I was told that the room I had booked wasnt available even though I had booked 4 weeks in advance! I was then given a tour of 2 rooms to choose from, both with 1 single and 1 double bed. We had to accept this as at least the single bed looked comfy and my girls are small enough to share. We then asked for a price difference refund but were told the was no refund as this was an upgrade! After much of our only evening wasted we were eventually given £30 credit to spend in the hotel. For the price I paid for the exec family room I actually got a bog standard travel inn room. Not the exciting luxurious night away my girls were hoping for.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank mmmManchester
Nimo Abdi _, Guest Relations Manager at Corus Hotel Hyde Park London, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear mmmManchester,

Thank you for sharing your experience of us with the online travelling community. We truly appreciate you taking the time.

I was disappointed to hear the upgraded room did not meet your expectations on this occasion. However, I was pleased that you were given £30 credit as a compensation. Should you be returning, please contact me at: guestrelations.londonhydepark@corushotels.com I would be happy to discuss your needs and better allocate you to a room of your preference.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon,