Corus Hotel Hyde Park London
US$256
US$233
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
Rosewood London(London)
US$588
US$491
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$159
US$312
US$292
US$215
US$170
Travelocity
4,301 results
All reviewshyde parkswan pubcentral lineexecutive roomwinter wonderlandpaddington stationafternoon tearooms are smallkensington gardensfull englishmarble archheathrow expressbreakfast was excellentbooked this hotelhotel is in a great locationenglish breakfastwest end
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived 7 hours earlier then check in but we're happily given our room . Double was small but not too small for two people , clean and nice large bed. Shower good but a little lacking in power , plenty tea coffee , hairdryer and iron. All in all a decent experience as the location is fabulous for shopping , food , parks , tube is mins away

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Hairs littering bathroom on arrival, damp smell in restaurant and tiny room. Noisy single glazing & broken window always open.

Breakfast was distinctly average despite £18.95 price tag. I'd advise going elsewhere.

Cleaners in gents' toilet throughout breakfast period and housekeeping using lifts to transport sheets at peak times in the morning.

Lifts inexplicably stuck on 8th floor.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Edinbugger
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed the one night on a business trip. My room was a decent size but very tired looking in decor. Fluid stains on the floor, worn carpet, etc. The one plus were that the sheets were clean.

Things got worse in the bathroom. It was so small, there was hardly any room to actually move inside it. But the worst bit was the shower/bath.

For some reason, the bath had been raised, meaning that when I attempted to stand in the bath for a shower, my head would hit the ceiling. I'm only 6'2 - tall but not overly tall.

To compound that, the wall came in at my chest height by around 20-30cm. So I was forced to stand sideways in the shower, whilst crouching down to avoid the ceiling. Due to the curvature in the bath, this was extremely dangerous in my view. Even with a bath mat, I felt very unstable (not to mention uncomfortable).

For £125 this is simply unacceptable. Had I realised the night before, I would've demanded a different room. But at 7 in the morning and just up, what can you do?

I booked through my company and will be advising them of the poor facilities being offered by a supposedly 4 star hotel.

Avoid.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Al_Lindley
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We brought this on a voucher site. Glad we didnt pay full price as it was probably the worst afternoon tea I have had. The young boy serving was lovely and very polite. We had booked but had to wait for our table to be laid. The champagne was nice , tea was very weak. We had to wait quite a while for our food and when it did arrive the sandwiches were extremely dry and not all the crusts had been removed. The cakes were very sweet and sickly and the thought of thing you could buy in a supermarket. It was 4pm on a sunday afternoon and there was only one other table being used so there wasnt any atmosphere.
The hotel is in a good position opposite Hyde Park and could be a nice place if the food and atmosphere were improved

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karen P
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The front desk service was courteous and efficient. The location of the hotel is awesome, 2 min walk from Lancaster and walkable to Heathrow express but this is where it ends.

The room is so small we could hardly open the suitcase. If you are taller than 5"11" good luck with the bed. And most importantly it was the most ridiculous toilet I have ever seen - I think we were given a corner room and the walls are slanted - it is impossible to take a shower unless banging your elbow against the slanted wall or dangling half your body over the side. Very dangerous. I am only 5"9" medium build.

Do not tell me "this is the norm" as we are a well travelled couple from Asia and stayed at many very small but efficient hotel rooms especially in Japan & HK. Given the contrasting views in Tripadvisor I can only conclude that the rooms are a major lottery pick.

I'm not sure of we could have gotten better hotel for EUR171 but I'm not coming back here.

• Stayed: July 2014