“Great Stay”

Corus Hotel Hyde Park London
Ranked #475 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We booked our twin room early in April and we paid £545 for 4 nights which was really good considering the location and the quality - 4stars (no breakfast). Our room was on the 5th floor. The room was tidy and clean with enough space to store our luggage. The only negative think I have to mention is the shower which was very uncomfortable as we had to stand sideways in order to avoid hitting our heads on the wall. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay at the hotel and we had a relaxing time. The room service was excellent, we had access to free wi-fi, the concierge was helpful with our luggage and printing our boarding passes. We were also within 5 minutes reach of both Paddington and Lancaster Gate which was great as we used Heathrow express, national rail and the tube. Overall we are very satisfied and we will definitely return if in London again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,162)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

we stayed here for 3 nights because we got a good deal, but the hotel is pretty average. Luckily we are not too fussy and it served its purpose as it was close to where we need to be. The room was a bit small, but then we were hardly there, so it was fine. The room was very clean and not noisy. Service was good

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The location of the hotel is fantastic for anyone who is travelling around the capital. The staff were fantastic the menu is reasonable the room was really tidy but minimalistic for instance there's no draws or anywhere for storage so I couldn't stay more than one night. The windows are so old and warped (classic sliding wooden frames ) they wouldn't open so could get no fresh air into the room the shower is absolutely tiny and it shelves out so you have to wedge under it I'm only 5'8 and I struggled the bed was pressed against the wall so if my partner needed the toilet I had to move as well and the room was very narrow it's ok but not worth the amount asked but then again it Is London

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Arrived at check-in time (2pm) to be told that neither rooms we had booked were ready. We were then re-allocated one room and told the other room should be ready by the time we got to the floor. This was incorrect and my parents were re-allocated to a room on the same floor as myself an partner.

Rooms were tiny. Bed was even smaller and the bathroom was ridiculously small. If you're 6ft or taller don't book this hotel! The double beds in both rooms were pushed up against the wall allowing access on one side only. Also uncomfortable to sleep on as you can feel the springs underneath. Not suitable for elderly with mobility problems.

The walls are thin, if you have loud neighbours you're in for a bad night!

Overall, not impressed and for the price tag I would have expected more. Reception were only capable of offering complimentary breakfasts for the issues and didn't like the fact that we booked through an alternative website to their own.

Would not stay again!

Room Tip: Request to see your room beforehand and check the floor you have been assigned as double beds seem t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tasha S
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived early and our room was ready which was great so it all started well, this however was pretty much the only positive, we had booked a twin room and were then told that there were no twin rooms available so we had to have a double, we were tired after travelling so didn't put up too much of a fight, however as soon as I saw the room I wish we had! It was tiny, unbelievably tiny! I actually assumed that it was some sort of joke, it pretty much could only just about fit the bed in. It looked clean enough, but wasn't great at all.
We ordered room service when we got in that evening and the man on the phone was abrupt, I had to ring back as he'd put the phone down and not explianed what was happening, when our pizza arrived they had they had firstly added it up wrong, there is a £5 tray charge that I can't see any reason for and the lady brought the card machine upto the room tried to put a larger payment through on my card then voided it so that she had my card details so she could put my card details through the machine downstairs without me being present, she could then clearly put any amount through on my card, to my knowledge doing this is illegal, when we pointed this out to us she became very stroppy and pointed out that most people don't mind so I would suggest that if you have stayed before to check your bank statements! She was incredibly rude and ruined further what was not a good stay. I can only assume that they have awarded themselves the 4 stars as a joke as there is no way that this is a 4 star hotel, I've stayed in nicer youth hostels. My advice os to avoid!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Katie P
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived 7 hours earlier then check in but we're happily given our room . Double was small but not too small for two people , clean and nice large bed. Shower good but a little lacking in power , plenty tea coffee , hairdryer and iron. All in all a decent experience as the location is fabulous for shopping , food , parks , tube is mins away

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Hairs littering bathroom on arrival, damp smell in restaurant and tiny room. Noisy single glazing & broken window always open.

Breakfast was distinctly average despite £18.95 price tag. I'd advise going elsewhere.

Cleaners in gents' toilet throughout breakfast period and housekeeping using lifts to transport sheets at peak times in the morning.

Lifts inexplicably stuck on 8th floor.

Stayed: July 2014