As a business traveller I get to stay in many hotels, also in London. I rate this as my worst experience for the following reasons:
1. Varying price over 4 days from GBP170 to GBP270
2. For this I got the smallest room I have stayed in London, bed against the wall on one side, ceiling so low when standing in the bath to shower, I had to bend to get my head under the shower. The noise level facing Bay sweater Road was so bad I asked to change my room to the back, no double glazing
3. Breakfast offering barely average, but the dirty cloth covered seats where disgusting, I looked at 3 chairs before selecting the cleanest one. Don't go downstairs, that is like sitting in a cellar and about as much atmosphere
4. Staff is 100% foreigners that I came into contact with and at breakfast I had one that spoke no English, at reception one manages to communicate
In general the hotel appears to be squeezed for every cent by its owners with minute rooms, saving on staff, maintenance and general upkeep. One can see remnants that this must once have been a grand hotel, but now it's a tourist trap for one stay in a lifetime type of customers.
Highly recommend giving this a miss, despite its great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corus Hyde Park is a 4 star, 389 air conditioned bedroom hotel for business and leisure guests and is in a spacious location overlooking Hyde Park. Corus is 50 metres from Lancaster Gate tube on the central line, only 8 minutes walk to Paddington station and the Heathrow Express and 15 minutes walk to Oxford Street, Kensington, Notting Hill, Albert Hall and so close to all the major attractions including the new Westfield shopping centre and the Paddington Basin. The hotel features 4 meeting rooms up to 90 guests, free powerful WiFi in all areas, a fitness studio, large air conditioned lounge with an all day menu. The hotel has three restaurant concepts - seasonal and quality British dishes, an authentic Malaysian menu and Bel Canto Opera dining where opera students act as waiters and sing a wide range of Operatic classics whilst you dine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Corus Hotel Hyde Park London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corus Hotel London
- Corus Hyde Park Hotel