Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street
Rosewood London(London)
US$596
US$499
4,494 results
All reviewsmuffin mantube stationrooms are smallhotel is in a great locationhyde parkfew minutes walkafternoon teakensingtondoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Small but contemporary design bathroom, extremely small room for a double bed. Flat pillows, bed creaked and was right up against the wall. Met up with some locals (lived close, but not in the heart of London) and they mentioned that our room was half the size of their standard room at Travelodge. Hot water was not available one of the mornings, called the Operator and was advised to wait an hour. Breakfast buffet was good. Always a long wait at the Front Desk. Great location with attractions, shops, transportation (Tube) and restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Paul Q, Head Concierge & Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Dear Lilian G,

Thank you for choosing the Kensington Close Hotel and Spa and for providing us with feedback on your recent visit to London.

I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of our most convenient of locations minutes from the Tube station and Kensington High Street with all of its shops and restaurants. My apologies though for not having hot water in your room on one day during your stay.

I do hope that we shall have the pleasure to welcome you back to Kensington Close Hotel and Spa on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and can't fault the service we received. From the moment we arrived all of the hotel staff were extremely friendly and nothing was to much trouble. We stayed in a double standard room that was more than adequate for a city break in London. The room was clean and contained everything we needed. The hotel also has spa facilities that are available to use although this did carry an additional charge. It's obvious that this hotel has undergone significant refurbishment over the past few months and it looks great. Our stay was booked through lastminute.com as part of a theatre deal. All in all a great break away and would definatly stay here again. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Tropfish2,

Thank you for choosing the Kensington Close Hotel and Spa for providing us with feedback on your recent visit to London.

I am pleased that you found your stay comfortable and you our staff friendly. I do hope that we shall have the pleasure to welcome you back to Kensington Close Hotel and Spa on your next visit to London!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed at Kensington Close Hotel between 1st June and 3rd June 2013. Our room was 334. I had already requested a quiet room due to this being our wedding anniversary. The room location was good and was quiet until last morning. Then very early in the morning the people in the opposite room left and made a noise like a group of elephants. Banging doors and shouting to each other. No consideration to other still in bed. Then to top it all the maid arrived at 8:30am and also banged all the doors and shouted at the top of her voice. What is the point of putting "Do not disturb" sign on the door for everyone to just ignore it.

Room it self was smallish but clean and tidy. Bathroom was shower only which suits me and my husband but won't suit others. Not much in the way of toiletries left in the bathroom. Been to other hotels with less of a star rating to have much more left to be used.

Big grind for me was the position of the modem. On the wall to the left of the bed. This is ok when your awake but as soon as you turn the light off it was like Blackpool Illuminations. This needs to be addressed. Would have been better being put under the table.

We didn't get the chance to use pool, gym, or bar as was out looking around London. But if we stayed longer I am sure we would have used all.

Staff were very good at all times.

we plan to go back inn September for another long weekend and plan to stay here again as location is fab.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sandystar49,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We value all feedback whether it is positive or constructive. It is through such communication that we are given an opportunity to evaluate our performance, and focus on the areas that need to be addressed, ensuring we deliver the standard of service that our guests have come to expect from us.

I was delighted to hear that you were happy with your room, albeit you were woken up early in the morning. I have passed on your comments to our Head Housekeeper to investigate further.

Based on your initial stay and your comments, I'm looking forward to welcoming you back to Kensington Close Hotel and Spa on your next visit to London in September!

Reviewed 3 June 2013

This hotel is all surface! My room had no bath (even though it was an executive one) and the AC could only be operated from the reception. However, I could have changed rooms but didn't because I'd already stood in reception for 40 minutes to check in! Only one lift was working which meant more queuing. Check out took 40 minutes so I missed my train! This place has no idea of customer service. There were staff wandering around doing nothing while the guests all waited in line. Shocking service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank lin s

Dear Lin S,

Reviewed 1 June 2013

The first impression at the lobby war realy good and we thought this is gonna be a nice stay. But our stay did not meet our expectations. The staff os realy unfriendly. I had some issues with my phone and the internet connection and they did not realu care when I had asked for help. Furthermore an emoloyee hanged up the phone. I have never seen something like that in a hotel. I would not reccomend this hotel. It looks nice, but the employees are not commited at all and the'll let you know

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Patrizio O

Dear Patrizio O,

I was very disappointed to hear that you weren't happy with our staff and that you had trouble with your phone and your internet connection. If you would be so kind to email me directly at concierge@kensingtonclosehotel.com a few more details such as your room number, I can pass on the information to our Chief Engineer to investigate.

Please accept our apologies that you did not enjoy your stay this time, we would like the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kensington Close Hotel and Spa for a better experience in the near future.