Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street
US$216
Travelocity
  • Pool
4,543 results
All reviewsmuffin mantube stationrooms are smallhotel is in a great locationhyde parkfew minutes walkafternoon teakensingtondoorman
Reviewed 6 June 2013

It was a family trip for us in London and we stayed in Kensington Close for six nights from 28.5.2013. We required three rooms close to each other for which the hotel stated in advance that they would try their best. They kept their assurance and we got three rooms on the same floor very near to each. My room number was 1001. The hotel is ideally located. High Street Kensington tube station and the Bus Stop are very nearby. The markets, shops are nearby.
The hotel staff were very cordial. The security staff, the staff at the reception and others were always eager to help.They even provided an extra cot and blankets in our room for a child at no extra cost. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and fabulous. The rate that the hotel charges for a standard double room is reasonable considering that Kensington is the costliest location of London.The hotel has a SPA, swimming pool, terrace and a big size restaurant. We shall surely stay in his hotel in our next visit to London.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DIPAKJI
Paul Q, Head Concierge & Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Dear Dipakji,

Thank you for choosing the Kensington Close Hotel again and for providing us with feedback on your recent visit to London.

I am delighted to hear that the rooms allocated to you and your family were up to your satisfaction. And I am also happy that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location, close to the local shops, bars and restaurants. I have passed on your kind comments about our Security and Reception staff to them.

I do hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Kensington Close Hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 6 June 2013

This hotel seems to received mixed reviews, so I hope this helps. Firstly this is a big 1950s (I guess) hotel, but is currently being refurbished – and I don’t mean just a lick of paint. New lifts are being installed, and there are plenty of them, but not all in a cluster, so if your room is located in the middle or towards the back of the hotel, seek out those [quieter] lifts by the bar or dining area. Reception seemed very efficient for me, both checking in and out. The lounge bar is busy, but I had no trouble being served at our seat, both before dinner and later at night. We even got served food at around midnight, and it was good, swift and pleasantly served. The health club includes a decent sized pool plus all the usual things. It was reasonably quiet when I visited, though it does cost £8 per day. (It would be useful if the “day rate” ran from noon to noon, so I could have had an early morning swim without incurring a further charge).

My room was a single, and quite compact. But I had no issues. It included good A/C plus a window that opens. The bed was comfy with clean good quality linen. There is a safe, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer and flat-screen multi-functional TV. The bathroom had a tub with shower over. All clean and well appointed.

This is a well-functioning hotel. Price-wise, it was comparable, or even cheaper, than Travelodge/Premier Inn, yet is SIGNIFICANTLY better quality.

I’ve now stayed here twice this year, and both times my experience has been consistently good.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room - which I understand are currently on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bot the traveller 15

Dear Bot the traveller 15,

Thank you for choosing the Kensington Close Hotel and Spa and for providing us with feedback on your recent visit to London. I am happy to hear that you were happy with your room, the efficiency of our Reception team and the service in our Bar. I do hope that we shall have the pleasure to welcome you back to Kensington Close Hotel once again on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Small but contemporary design bathroom, extremely small room for a double bed. Flat pillows, bed creaked and was right up against the wall. Met up with some locals (lived close, but not in the heart of London) and they mentioned that our room was half the size of their standard room at Travelodge. Hot water was not available one of the mornings, called the Operator and was advised to wait an hour. Breakfast buffet was good. Always a long wait at the Front Desk. Great location with attractions, shops, transportation (Tube) and restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Paul Q, Head Concierge & Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Dear Lilian G,

I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of our most convenient of locations minutes from the Tube station and Kensington High Street with all of its shops and restaurants. My apologies though for not having hot water in your room on one day during your stay.

I do hope that we shall have the pleasure to welcome you back to Kensington Close Hotel and Spa on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and can't fault the service we received. From the moment we arrived all of the hotel staff were extremely friendly and nothing was to much trouble. We stayed in a double standard room that was more than adequate for a city break in London. The room was clean and contained everything we needed. The hotel also has spa facilities that are available to use although this did carry an additional charge. It's obvious that this hotel has undergone significant refurbishment over the past few months and it looks great. Our stay was booked through lastminute.com as part of a theatre deal. All in all a great break away and would definatly stay here again. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Tropfish2,

Thank you for choosing the Kensington Close Hotel and Spa for providing us with feedback on your recent visit to London.

I am pleased that you found your stay comfortable and you our staff friendly. I do hope that we shall have the pleasure to welcome you back to Kensington Close Hotel and Spa on your next visit to London!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed at Kensington Close Hotel between 1st June and 3rd June 2013. Our room was 334. I had already requested a quiet room due to this being our wedding anniversary. The room location was good and was quiet until last morning. Then very early in the morning the people in the opposite room left and made a noise like a group of elephants. Banging doors and shouting to each other. No consideration to other still in bed. Then to top it all the maid arrived at 8:30am and also banged all the doors and shouted at the top of her voice. What is the point of putting "Do not disturb" sign on the door for everyone to just ignore it.

Room it self was smallish but clean and tidy. Bathroom was shower only which suits me and my husband but won't suit others. Not much in the way of toiletries left in the bathroom. Been to other hotels with less of a star rating to have much more left to be used.

Big grind for me was the position of the modem. On the wall to the left of the bed. This is ok when your awake but as soon as you turn the light off it was like Blackpool Illuminations. This needs to be addressed. Would have been better being put under the table.

We didn't get the chance to use pool, gym, or bar as was out looking around London. But if we stayed longer I am sure we would have used all.

Staff were very good at all times.

we plan to go back inn September for another long weekend and plan to stay here again as location is fab.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sandystar49,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We value all feedback whether it is positive or constructive. It is through such communication that we are given an opportunity to evaluate our performance, and focus on the areas that need to be addressed, ensuring we deliver the standard of service that our guests have come to expect from us.

I was delighted to hear that you were happy with your room, albeit you were woken up early in the morning. I have passed on your comments to our Head Housekeeper to investigate further.

Based on your initial stay and your comments, I'm looking forward to welcoming you back to Kensington Close Hotel and Spa on your next visit to London in September!