“HOME away from home.....”

Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street
Ranked #600 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 August 2013

BEING AT THIS PROPERTY FOR OVER A MONTH,I WAS SHOCKED HOW (SUCH A SMALL CHAIN CAN BE BETTER THAN A 5STAR HOTEL....
From all the staff,and GM thank you for all your support and assistance while being at your property!! the location is great you are not even a five minute walk from Hyde park,Palace gate is right there,where you can also get an experience of Princess Diana's home!SO many restaurants and convenient stores right on the strip(BUT PLEASE get a try for their hotel restaurant FANTASTIC food!!5 star food the chef is fantastic he will do his best to please the guest!!(really food that you would get in a five star restaurant for a good price!!Ask for Sam he is the restaurant manager great guy!!Gabour,his assistant he worked in Chef Ramsey's restaurant for two years,he knows about food and giving you the best service!!REALLY do try the restaurant!!they do always have menu specials to indulge from!!to renovated rooms i would choose! Staying in Executive rooms,nice with all the emenities you really need in a great package!!n house movies!! from pool to a renovated gym,nice spa down stairs to relax after a day away...Sauna too!!
The lobby and bar area always bright and busy,nice full of life!!And confortable lounge chairs! good bar,nice place to relax!!(nice assistant manager,very helpful goes out of his way to make your time in the bar enjoyable!!)i would stay there at nights just to relax,and have meetings!felt at home!The whole stay was nice,i felt like i was in a 5plus hotel,honestly for the price you are getting is AMAZING...l thank all of the staff,from bell captain to concierge to housekeeping with all the help,restaurant,bar!! to office, Duty managers,special thanks to Boris,and Adrian,they will go out and beyond to assist guests!!REALLY THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!
l would ask everyone to try this hotel,it is amazing what you get for such a good price!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Laszlo N, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Daniela B,

I was delighted to hear what a great stay you had with us and how satisfied you were with the hotel's facilities and service provided by all our staff. I sincerely hope we shall have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

My boyfriend and I came here for a few night stay in London and while we were generally pleased with the room (minus the fact that the water took forever to drain in the tub during showers) we were incredibly disappointed with the staff. They were very unwelcoming and cold and made us feel very uncomfortable when approaching them. My main complaint is that any questions we had for them (adding wifi, cost of the dinner buffet, money conversions) they were completely clueless to the answers. Almost every time someone else had to come and help with standard hotel questions and we were looked at like we were idiots every single time. While the room was descent I would not stay here again due to the rudeness of the front desk staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sami F
Laszlo N, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Dear Sami F,

I was very concerned to hear your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Kensington Close Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies if the service provided by our staff was not up to the standards and your expectations. I will forward your comments to the relevant head of department for his consideration. In the meantime, as we would not like to lose you as a customer, I would greatly appreciate it if you ever decided to visit London again, to send me a email at concierge@kensingtonclosehotel.com so I can take personal care of your reservation and ensure you receive the high quality of service that we strive to offer to all our guests.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Very nicely presented really great service they upgraded us to a huge suite, extremely comfy huge king sized bed! Great location close to Kensington High st station, would definitely come back! There are plenty of great cafes and shops around here too!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear AngelsSydney,

I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Kensington Close Hotel and how convenient you found its location, in such close proximity to High Street Kensington. I sincerely hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here as I was part if a COSMOS TOUR. Positives: polite staff, good location for shopping and eating, nice and clean. Negatives: very small room, pay for WIFI, cleaning lady opened the door to the room so put the DO NOT DISTURB sign

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Lupita B

Dear Lupita B,

thank you very much for your constructive feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Kensington Close Hotel. I was pleased to hear that you were happy with the service provided by our staff and that you took advantage of our most convenient location, with such close proximity to High Street Kensington with all its shops, cafes and restaurants.
With regards to your room size, we offer a large variety of rooms, with different sizes and amenities inside, to accommodate the various budgets and needs of our guests accordingly. WiFi is actually chargeable in most London hotels and as a matter of fact, our rate of £9.95 for 24 hours is relatively low compared to the prices charges by other properties of similar style to ours. At this point, I was also like to offer my apologies for the disturbance caused by the maid you came to clean your room. I have passed on this comment to our Head Housekeeper for her consideration.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised.
I booked it because it was cheap.... and that has only made a good experience better!
It is what it is, a big 700 bedroom faceless hotel catering for the tourist market.
You are not going to get very personal service but it did everything I want from a quick nights stay in Central London.
Room was good, very clean, recently refurbished I reckon. Huge towel, functional bathroom, good TV/radio, plug sockets in just right place for charging everything needed (amazing how many hotels don't have sockets that are reachable).
Air con worked as good as any hotel I have stayed in.
One lift was out of order but only while I was there & didn't cause too much grief.
Check in good.
Fantastic value!
It has a spa but I didn't venture there!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank arthurh

Dear Arthurh,

thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Kensington Close Hotel. I was very pleased to hear that you were happy with the room you were allocated and all in all, you had a pleasant experience staying with us. I sincerely hope we shall have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed here as it it the Cosmos hotel and I was touring with them. The reception staff were unfriendly and unwelcoming and when I went up to my room, the key card did not work and I had to lug all my luggage back down again to get it re-activated. The same thing happened to about half of the people on my tour. The staff treated me like this was my fault. The only friendly staff member I encountered was the doorman! The single rooms are tiny dog-boxes! The cleaning staff entered my room without knocking on the morning I was checking out. My room wasn't cleaned until 4pm during a 2 night stay. They don't leave enough toilet paper! There was a very noisy group of people congregating in the hall at night and when i phoned reception to see if they could do anything about it, they just didnt answer the phone. The location of this hotel is good, but my overall experience was not great so I wouldn't chose to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Leanne C

Dear Leanne C,

I was very concerned with your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Kensington Close Hotel and I would like to offer my sincere apologies if your stay was not up to your expectations. I have passed on your comments to the relevant heads of departments to investigate further. I am truly sorry that on this occasion we failed to make a positive impact on your stay and provide you with the excellent service that we strive to offer to all our guests.

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

The bar and communal areas were really nice but very disappointed in the bedrooms! they were very small and the view from the room wasn't pleasant, requested a change which they did but still not a good standard for the price you pay. Transport links were good!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Tracey K

Dear Tracey K,

thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Kensington Close Hotel. As you know, our property has a very large number of rooms (708 in total), and therefore we offer a wide variety of room types with different sizes and amenities inside, to accommodate our various guests' budgets. I am sorry that despite the fact you did request a room move, you were still not happy with the style of the room, as it is understandable that individual tastes do vary.