Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street
US$256
US$233
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$588
US$491
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$159
US$215
US$171
galahotels.com
US$312
US$292
4,497 results
All reviewsmuffin mantube stationrooms are smallhotel is in a great locationhyde parkfew minutes walkafternoon teakensingtondoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I haven't stayed in this hotel since it's had a makeover so was pleasantly surprised at the outside. I was greeted by a doorman who carried my case into the hotel which was very nice. The check-in procedure was very quick and the receptionist courteous. Bit confused with the room - I was in Rm 3008 and ended up going to Rm 308 and getting shouted out for attempting to break into the room!!! When I finally got to my room, it had everything you could want although disappointingly no biscuits with the tea tray. The TV channels were a bit hit and miss and the sound was crackly but other than that, I couldn't complain. I had a very comfortable nights sleep and apart from the hairdryer blowing cold air I was looking forward to breakfast. Here is where is started to go wrong! There were lots of people around to help me but I waited 15 minutes for a cup of coffee and when I did eventually get one, I was talked about behind my back - luckily for me, I understand Spanish and was not very amused. The breakfast was luke warm and not very appetising. The reception desk was very busy and I couldn't see an express check out. Needless to say, I didn't bother. Would probably go back but skip breakfast!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Laszlo N, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear JanieDMBE,

thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the service you received at the Restaurant. I have passed on your comments to our F&B Manager for immediate action.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

The hotel is very well situated for Kensington high street and the tube. This last minute booking came back by far the cheapest hotel for an overnight stay with breakfast and evening meal included. The rooms were adequately sized and furnished for a short stay. The king size bed was comfortable and a bonus. There was no bath in the en-suite. My room overlooked the service area and deliveries by trucks did start very early and my sleep was disturbed. Dinner in the evening was a choice from a 3 course menu and the food was reasonable. Breakfast in the morning was good with a massive choice. I was disappointed to learn that guests had to pay to use the fitness room. Service charge gets added onto everything so the price in the menu is not what you'll pay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Prendy_dan,

thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I was glad to hear you were satisfied with your room and our Restaurant service. Regarding the entry fee for the Spa, it is clearly stated on our website so guests can make an informed decision when booking with us.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We loved position of this hotel. It has had a costly makeover and we were in newly refurbished room. Double glazing meant it was quiet although above entrance to hotel. We were happy with our room but found bathroom small. The bath was quite difficult to step out of. This was a minus. Wifi throughout the hotel.The public areas were newly refurbished and we had excellent breakfasts at the hotel. We had drinks in bar area 5 or 6 times and service was good and it was relaxing. There is small coffee shop in lobby that looked good. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. It is a busy popular hotel so we walked up stairs to our room a few times as we found lifts busy with arrivals and departures. This was my daughters second stay here. Kensington is a lovely area to stay in. 10 minute walk to Kensington Palace and gardens. Hotel is in same street as the tube. There are excellent shops 5 minutes away in High Street. Buses 5 minutes away too. Easy to get taxi at hotel. Staff ready to assist with heavy bags.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Laszlo N, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Mjsmith64,

thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm glad that overall you had a nice stay with us and you were satisfied with the service provided by our staff. I sincerely hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Absolutely not 4 star standard.We stayed here on october for 4days.
Good location, minutes from the tube station. The door staff were very friendly also reception personals.
The bedrooms are very small, basic.There was no problem to comfort.
Bad pillows did not allow me to sleep well.
The bath tube is very old.
The lifts are small and very slow,chaotic situation luggage transporting.
We use stairs.
Breakfast is unsatisfaying no vegetables, only cheese bars in plastic and it difficult to open, oat with sugar-ı don't eat oat with sugar- stale, hard croissants, if you do not prefer Englih full breakfast with beans and hash browns,etc.
No free wi fi.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Dilruba P,

thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I was pleased to hear that you took advantage of our convenient location, within such close proximity to High Street Kensington and how helpful you found our front of House staff. I'm sorry you didn't find the room you were allocated up to your satisfaction. due to the large size of our property, we do offer a variety of room types with different sizes and styles, so I'm sure if you had asked Reception for a room move they would have been more than happy to accommodate you.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I recently had a return stay at this hotel and found it to be under new management. Our travel agent had negotiated a room rate that was not honoured by the establishment. They charged us much more. We tried to move to a less expensive room and were told none were available. Most staff did not appear to speak English (the hotel is owned by Sicilians) and the majority were rude and surly. Menacing men standing around the lobby. Lots of hidden fees such as wifi, spa, telephone, baggage check, etc. While the hotel location is excellent the ambience is akin to the Godfather. Eventually we managed to retreat to the Best Western two blocks away on High Street and had a relaxed, enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 460Anne
Laszlo N, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear 460Anne,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We value all feedback whether it is positive or constructive. It is through such communication that we are given an opportunity to evaluate our performance, and focus on the areas that need to be addressed, ensuring we deliver the standard of service that our guests have come to expect from us. I would like to take this opportunity to address many of the inaccuracies that you brought up in your comments.
It is simply impossible for us to charge you more than what you had booked for as you have a voucher from your travel agent. The hotel's owner is not from Sicily and the fact that many of our staff are not from the UK is because we have such a variety of nationalities visiting the Hotel, that it is imperative we have people that speak their local language, to make them feel more comfortable. Our fees regarding the Spa, WiFi and any other services we provide are clearly advertised on our website so potential guests can make an informed decision prior to booking with us.