Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$212
US$153
US$256
Autograph
  • Room Service
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
US$269
US$201
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
4,505 results
All reviewsmuffin mantube stationrooms are smallhotel is in a great locationhyde parkfew minutes walkafternoon teakensingtondoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here twice in November. First time had a double room that wasn't very big, but enough for 2 people. It was clean and had a great bed. Location is perfect, especially if you like shopping, because all major stores and just down the street. Second time I stayed it was 3-for-2 nights type of deal and I got a small, crammed room with a HORRIBLE mattress. I mean I could feel the springs pushing against my back. So I made a complaint and they gave us a much nicer suite, so I was pleased with that. Overall it's a great hotel, I just wouldn't book one of the cheap rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Justin J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Larissa B,

Many thanks for your review,

It's great to see that you've enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to experience our recently upgraded product. Our refurbishment programme has already afforded some fantastic feedback from the public areas and it's great to see that we are beginning to get the same from the rooms.

There are still some changes being made and just today I saw a large number of the beds being replaced for new. There are also some exciting changes being made to our Executive and Club rooms which would make any stay that extra bit special.

Many thanks

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Book on a discount website, price seemed very good for location. Room was small but had paid small bit extra for premium room which basically meant a standard room recently refurbed which was good but a little cramped with good bed, were impressed with the lack of traffic noise for central london. Staff and level of service was excellent and bar area and breakfast service was superb. Great little French resaurant just round the corner!

Room Tip: Check sizes if space is important to you
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theoldromantic
Justin J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind and honest review. I am happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and experienced the level of service we aim to provide each and every guest, I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Looks good from outside and lobby but rooms are extremely small, not even a box of tissues are given. Reception staff not extremely friendly. Great position and very close to underground, makes the stay worthwhile. If rooms sizes are not an issue then worth staying at

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Anne K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Although are budget rooms and compact, we do have a selection of rooms available for upgrade which are larger is size.

It saddens me to see that you did not receive a warm welcome from our front office staff, it is an area which we have focused on considerably over the past few months and an area we will continue to monitor.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here and it will be the last. Learning a lesson from my first visit and thinking I should give the place another go, I booked a room with a double bed, the room was small but ok for just me, although I imagine it'd fairly cramped with 2 people. The rooms are certainly not 4* quality, as the standard of rooms in some budget hotels are way better than here. However on both visits one of the major issues I've noticed is soundproofing in the rooms- it's appalling! I'm not a particularly light sleeper but from around 4am I was woken up repeatedly by the sound of a door opening underneath my room with a loud creak and then closing with a bang, this seemed to happen every 5 mins or so. I'm presuming the first floor rooms (1009-1012) are above some kind of staff area and / or thoroughfare as this noise went on for the rest of the night. Around 6am I started to hear could hear neighbouring rooms' toilets being flushed, I finally gave up trying to sleep at 7am having had only 3 hours unbroken sleep- not great for a business traveller. Some work definitely needs doing about the soundproofing.

Things I can't fault this hotel about are the staff, the breakfast, the public areas and the location, all of which are superb. This place is fine for a night but if you want a decent nights sleep then I'd definitely request an upper floor.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Justin J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington High Street, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I was disappointed to see that on your second stay with us you have rated your stay so low. We accept that in our budget rooms there is less space than our higher category rooms which are available for upgrade should you wish.

With regards to the issue experienced with the noise, we are currently going through an upgrade project on our room stock. Although we cannot completely soundproof the rooms, it is expected that once the rooms have been upgraded, this will be greatly reduced.

I would like to thank you for your comments made with regards to the areas which we have already focused on, I hope that should you return to us in the future you enjoy a more relaxed stay in one of our refurbished rooms.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed here whilst away with work and had my fiance stay with me. The double rooms are not big enough to be comfortable.

Having said that the location and general cleanliness was good.

All in all, not bad value in a good location

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I was disappointed to see that you felt our double rooms were not big enough to be comfortable, I do accept that some of our budget rooms can be compact but they are exceptional value for money for the location.

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed the location and found the hotel to be well mainained. Should you book to stay here with your fiancé, may I recommend treating yourself to an upgrade which I’m sure you’ll find just that little extra special.