“Great location for business”

Holiday Inn London - Kensington
Ranked #618 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great location for business”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night whilst working in Kensington and it was a lovely hotel. Staff we're very friendly, informative and approachable.

The food was delicious, we had the Cajun chicken burger at the bar and I would highly recommend.

Drinks are pricey but that was expected.

My only down points were that it was not recognised well enough that we had pre-paid for breakfast and the parking facilities were not made fully aware of.

Great location to be in if staying in London though and a good bed for the night, rooms are a tad on the small side but has everything you need to get your head down for the night.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Justin J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear SheradanHannahFaye

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review.

I will be sure to pass on your remarks to the team and address the issues you had with breakfast and to highlight the parking facilities.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Kensington Close hotel in the future should your travels return you to the area.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (721)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 21 April 2014

First impressions were all very good, spacious, clean, very helpful staff and great décor.
After booking two rooms and apparently being upgraded, I couldn't help but be disappointed! Rooms were very small and amenities were not what I expected. No bath, not very well sound proofed. Location wise is spot on with only a few minutes walk to the high street and tube stations.
Staff on reception were helpful and the restaurant downstairs were both very good. The only staff to be rude happened to be in the spa reception, not very helpful and rude. The spa was a let down in my eyes, and was disappointed in the lack of chairs to relax on and the fact a children's swimming class was on! If I had known then I wouldn't have paid to use these facilities.
All in all, mixed feelings

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Ru55tyb
Dear Ru55tyb
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review.

I would like to thank you for your comments and am saddened that you expectations were not met on this occasion.

As mentioned in your review, our public areas have been greatly improved as part of our refurbishment plan which we hope the rooms will benefit from too. I will forward your comments onto the team and address the issues you experienced in the Spa.

Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Location is great and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately, and if at 130 a night I had a 'budget' room as is often the excuse , then how do you get a room that doesn't look like it needs a coat of paint and is sound proofed. I could hear the plumbing of the room next door, very clearly. The room was clean but tatty. Having stayed due to a night out at a dinner nearby the 0815 wake up knock on the door from the chamber maid who wanted to clean the room, resulted in a very poor night sleep. There was no do not disturb notice to put on the door , but 0815 seemed like I was being chased out. My advice, good location if you get a good price, but certainly for what I paid way over over priced.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Mike C

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. We would like to thank you for your comments and assure you that the refurbishment programme is ongoing.

It is unfortunate to hear that you did not completely enjoy your stay with us and that due to the missing ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign your sleep was disrupted. I will be sure to inform the Housekeeper and hope to have this resolved, we do not wish that any guess leave with the feeling that they were being chased out.

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed for a night in town visiting friends and family, and I will definately stay again. Staff had it together, made me feel welcomed and at home. Very rarely do I stay somewhere the staff seem to know exactly how to treat people, thourough pleasurable stay. Definately will stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Taz M
Dear Taz M
Many thanks for your review of Kensington Close hotel.

I will be sure to pass on your very kind remarks to the team.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This hotel was in a great location for shopping, eating, nights out on the town, the tube station and sightseeing. It's got it all for a very reasonable price. The room we had was an adequate size for our ever increasing luggage ( all the shopping !! ) The bathroom was nice and clean, we had no towels when we arrived but a quick phonecall to housekeeping and they took only minutes to bring them for us. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the hotel was very quiet at night until the weekend when unfortunately for us we had a party of very annoying teenagers running around the corridors of our floor till the very early hours of the morning ( though not the hotels fault ) if not for this small discrepency it would of been perfect !!
There is a lovely Thia restaurant just 2 mins from the hotel which was very good and a little cafe a bit further up for breakfast at a cheaper rate if you don't have it included in your room rate.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bebe318
Dear Bebe318
Many thanks for your review of Kensington Close hotel. I hope that you enjoyed a safe journey home.

I will be sure to pass on your very kind remarks to the team. I apologise for the discrepancy experienced but relieved to see that the issue with the missing towels was resolved quickly by housekeeping.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Kensington Close hotel in the future should your travels return you to London.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

The place is very clean well maintained and is a good hotel. I found the staff was very friendly and helpful. Good place to stay if your budget is a 100 pounds a day. The place is located very near to Kensington High street with all the major stored and tube street near by.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Momin N
Justin J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Momin N,

Thank you for your review. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto the team and we hope o welcome you back to the Kensington Close hotel next time your travels return you to London.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here twice in November. First time had a double room that wasn't very big, but enough for 2 people. It was clean and had a great bed. Location is perfect, especially if you like shopping, because all major stores and just down the street. Second time I stayed it was 3-for-2 nights type of deal and I got a small, crammed room with a HORRIBLE mattress. I mean I could feel the springs pushing against my back. So I made a complaint and they gave us a much nicer suite, so I was pleased with that. Overall it's a great hotel, I just wouldn't book one of the cheap rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Larissa B,

Many thanks for your review,

It's great to see that you've enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to experience our recently upgraded product. Our refurbishment programme has already afforded some fantastic feedback from the public areas and it's great to see that we are beginning to get the same from the rooms.

There are still some changes being made and just today I saw a large number of the beds being replaced for new. There are also some exciting changes being made to our Executive and Club rooms which would make any stay that extra bit special.

Many thanks