“Nice hotel, very good location”

Holiday Inn London - Kensington
Ranked #621 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Nice hotel, very good location”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel as part of a package tour, it was very nice, the staff most accommodating, breakfast very good. In a very nice part of London, close to Kensington Park, the Thames River, shops, restaurants. All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Justin J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear girllovestotravel

Many thanks for your recent stay and review of the Kensington Close hotel, it’s great to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to your liking. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (722)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chiang Mai
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We chose this hotel base on the fact that it is very convenient as it is close to High Street Kensington station. The area near by the hotel is very lovely and it was nice to walk around as well as the near by Kensington gardens. The room itself was rather on a small size, but we expect about this before we booked the room, so it's not a surprise. The services were also mixed. Concierge services were excellent, but other services from house keeping to the restaurant were so so. Anyhow, when comparing the price we paid and what we should expect, we still happy with the place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear AttVira

Thank you for your review on your most recent stay at the Kensington Close hotel

It is fantastic to read that you enjoy your time here, find the area ideal for your needs and that you receive good value for money.

I will share your feedback with the team, however, we do expect all our team members to provide the high levels service and courtesies as you experienced from the Concierge.

Thank you again for the review and your recent stay with us.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Another last minute find thanks to Top Secret Hotels. I was asked to stay longer on a business trip to London and found myself without a room at 6pm. A quick search led me to booking the Kensington Close Hotel. The only availability they had was a single room and as it was only for 1 night so I decided to book. I have stayed here before and do recall the rooms being quite small but clean and well presented. I stayed in the tiniest single room you could imagine but it was clean and tidy with a small selection of toiletries. The bathroom was an odd shape and quite cramped but what more did I really need. I would like to say though that I had the best nights sleep I have had in a long time. Very quiet, room temperature was goo and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. I didn't stay for breakfast I just wandered across the road to a lovely little cafe that served really nice food. Great location just behind Kensington High Street tube station. Would stay again and would recommend for short trips. Would need more space if staying for more than a couple of nights.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Justin J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Valentine1963

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay.

It’s great to read that you found the hotel accommodated your needs. A lot of work has been done over the recent months and we are still upgrading areas of the hotel. We are currently upgrading our beds and pillows which it would seem you have benefitted from.

We do have some very nice executive rooms and some very specious Executive Club rooms which are very spacious and more suited to longer stays, full details are available on the hotel website.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

When I reviewed this hotel last year, I said that despite a few niggles we would be coming back. Now we've been back and I can report that most of the niggles were not repeated. Perhaps I was listened to. I'd still caution prospective guests to read the website carefully, be clear about what you are getting, particularly room size, and understand that this is not a cheap part of London to stay in. Still a few minor niggles. Why no pen or pencil in the room? They cost about 2p,and I wanted to do the crossword! Room service food is slow (45 min), basic quality,and far from cheap. And only one lift is big enough for my wife's wheelchair. But the staff are always friendly and helpful, so next time we stay in Kensington, it's likely to be at the Close.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear nottoogrumpy

Thank you for your feedback on your return recent stay at the Kensington Close hotel.

It’s great to see that you recognise that we do take feedback constructively and use it to improve service and product where we can. We regularly check that the details on our website are up to date as there have been quite a few changes recently with upgrades.

I apologise that there was no note pad and pen in the room, I will convey this to the Housekeeper as this is a standard supply in the room and must have been overlooked on this occasion, should you have called down a member of the team would have supplied this to you.

I will forward your comments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kent
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We visited the hotel for afternoon tea as it offered a very good rate.

There were plenty of sandwiches, cakes and scones with cream. If you are looking for a relaxed tea in a comfortable environment and you are in the area I would recommend.

The only reason I gave it a 4 out of 5 is because although the tea was very nice, it was in bags rather than leaves and the jam was in little plastic tubs which we had to ask for, it wasn't served with the tea.

Overall a great afternoon with friends.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear SophieJH

Thank you for your review on the hotel’s afternoon tea.

It’s great to read that you and friends enjoyed the experience and will be recommending us.

I will be sure to relay your feedback to the relevant team members so that we can improve the experience further.

Lasko, Slovenia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My personal impression about this hotel that it is big even though it does not look like. There are many guests on the move constantly so reception is very busy. I stayed here for my business meeting and we had everything organized in the hotel. Rooms are not so big but they are very clean. Quality of the bed was very good and I had a good sleep here. Internet was included in my booking and it was also working superb. Bathroom was funny in its design as it was very long but narrow. But nevertheless it was very clean so that is important. Breakfast was typical English and you can select form bacon, beans, tomatoes, different kind of eggs, cheeses, salami and not to forget a necessary tea :). Location of the hotel is very good and you can can with easely establish a hub for exploring London from here. Anyway, I recommend this place, but hua, it might be very expensive if you do not book well ahead. My room was paid by the organizer of the event so I actually do not know what was its price.
About the meeting facilities. They are ok and functional. Only drawback is that they are windowless. But that is also not a big deal for me as I do not come there to look through the window.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Davor K

Thank you for your review on your recent stay here at the Kensington Close hotel; it looks as though you experienced all the areas except the leisure facility.

With over 700 bedrooms we are a fairly large hotel and we benefit from an amazing location. As you’ve experienced, the hotel has been upgraded significantly with still more improvements being made. Although not able to alter the room layout, we are investing in new beds and pillows; with the added bonus of being in a quieter corner of London the quality of sleep is generally better.

A lot of time has been spent improving the breakfast offer and it’s great to see that you found it to your taste, I will be sure to let the breakfast team know your thoughts.

We do offer very competitive rates, however, for the best deals, it is better to book in advance. Full details of offers available are available on our website.

Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Well situated close to the High Street Kensington Tube Station and Kensington Gardens, this hotel offers a reasonable rate for a few nights stay. It is a bit dated, which one could overlook if the day were spent sightseeing and shopping, but the extra charge for internet is too much and where I stayed (toward the back of the hotel overlooking the college), the internet wireless signal was very weak. There is a nice fitness facility way down in the basement, though. During my stay there were quite a few airline crews.

Room Tip: It was very quiet towards the back of the hotel overlooking the college.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark M
Justin J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kensington, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Mark M

Thank for your feedback of the Kensington Close hotel. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the relevant department heads. I will agree that some of the rooms can be cosy; however, we do provide full details of the room including the room dimensions on our website to ensure guests are fully informed before arrival.

With over 700 bedrooms in the hotel, I’m sure you will agree that the restaurant is of a good size to accommodate the demand. There have been some major improvements made in the décor and service and we appreciate the feedback so that we can look to improve further.

It is great to see that you enjoyed the gym; it is very well equipped and has one of the largest pools in the area.