“Good Location”

Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel
Ranked #331 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed here for five nights. I appreciated the peace and quiet of the hotel - even though it was close to all amentiies. A walk in park is most appreciated after a long day sitting down. Check in was busy, but staff handled it efficiently and with ease.I was given an inner room, so had a good sleep. Staff were helpful, free wi-fi, good choice of TV and radio channels in room. I would definitely come back to this hotel if the company budget allows it!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sarah c
Write a ReviewReviews (1,455)

Reviewed 16 May 2013

This is hotel is in an excellent location just 2 mins from belsize tube station. lots of lovely restaurants in immediate area. a leisurely walk up the leafy road takes you toe the interesting hamstead area, full of lots of shops and quirky alleys. this hotel was up to the usual Premier high standard and the staff were very helpfulprinting out our boarding cards. The only negative thing was that the bar closed at 10.30 even though it was a bank holiday weekend.Also the cleaner seemed to have some strange idea if you left cold coffee or tea in your cups she didnt change them!! only if they were empty, she must have though we were going to go back and drink it later!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. Once again I could not fault the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff especially the breakfast staff. Again I really appreciated the location with its good shops and eating out places. Also it seems a very safe area to return to if you are out late at night. Very convenient for buses, Belsize Park tube station and Hampstead Heath Overground Station.

I asked for a quiet room and I was given a room at the far end on the side of the hotel on the top floor. This room was very quiet and I slept very well never hearing a sound from inside or outside the building on all 4 nights of my stay. There was a fantastic view from the window all over London with good views during the day and also views of all the lights at night.

Whilst I appreciated the quietness of this room, and loved the views, the room was extremely small. I think anyone staying at this hotel needs to be aware that although the rooms on the front and back of this hotel are more or less standard sized Premier Inn rooms, the small number of rooms at the end of each floor on the side are very small. There was very little space down each side of the bed and no room for a comfortable chair in the room.
Given a choice for a 4 night stay I think I would have preferred a larger room instead of the view! I would have been very annoyed, considering the price I paid, if I had been given one of these small rooms on a lower floor without the view.

Room Tip: Be aware that some of the rooms at the ends of each floor are extremely small in comparison to other...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2013

First time I didn't stay in zone1 and was worth it. Hotel is in the leafy suburb of Hampstead. 2 min from the tube and nearby restaurants and a supermarket. Great value for families. Will stay there when in London again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 12 May 2013

first time at a premier inn the location is very good near Belsize underground in a lovely area, the hotel was clean good staff and service the breakfast lovely no complaints at all will definitely go back

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank waynealdous
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Having experienced Premier Inn's Bath Road property we were disappointed with our stay at this 1960's era location. Upon arrival we were assigned the smallest room imaginable. This room made inside cabins on cruise ships and budget hotels in Japan look spacious. We were initially told there was nothing else available but eventually, after a wait back in the lobby, we were given a standard room. Bathroom still very small and sink would not drain properly. Location is good and nearby restaurants and cafe/bakeries convenient. Will give this a miss next time.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LHRLHR
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I use Premier Inns quite frequently and this one was definitely the best so far. I used it last weekend with a large family party. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They even gave me disposable gloves to do the flower arranging for the wedding. One of the restaurant staff, a lady called Marisa, looked after us all as if we were her family. Since our stay, a number of family members have said that they will use the hotel again when they go to London. The breakfast was good, particularly the porridge which was freshly made to order. There was a comfortable bar area to use in the evenings. There was plenty of secure car parking - a great bonus in London. The only criticism is that the bedroom we had was very tiny but it was spotlessly clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family