“Inconvenient lack of phones”

Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel
Ranked #252 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Inconvenient lack of phones”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed for three nights, and while the hotel was fine in other ways, I was greatly inconvenienced by the lack of an outside phone line in the room. I know most people have mobile phones, but not everyone does, and it's much more comfortable talking on a normal phone. In any case, on the second day, my mobile stopped working, and I was unable to phone out, or receive calls, unless I went down to reception and used their phone, which gave me no privacy for my conversations. On these grounds alone, I will, I regret, be finding alternative accommodation next time. Also, the toilet paper was in tiny single sheets, like some public lavatories, so I bought my own from the shop across the road!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Comfortable bed, clean tidy room. Nice to have a choice of pillow density. Restaurant is standard fayre, but tasty. Breakfast much the same. All standard, all expectations met.

What stood out? The team. I arrived a few hours early (underestimating public transport!), was shown to a comfortable sofa and was given the first available clean room.

I needed a document printed, and asked where it could be done. The guys in reception had me e-mail it to them and it was ready at the desk by the time I'd got down from the room.

It's tough to get service right for a lone business traveller: too friendly and it's intrusive, but step back too much and you feel like you've slipped into the background.

Not with this team. Top notch service from a budget hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Karen H, Manager at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely feedback about the team at London Hampstead Premier Inn. I am so glad that you recieved a fantastic welcome. We do value the views and opinions of all our guests. I hope we will be able to welcome you back again at London Hampstead.
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have just returned from a trip to London and stay at the Premier Inn Hampstead. This is the sixth time over the years we have stayed here and it is our hotel of choice. Ideally located if you are coming from the north (we are in Derbyshire) as it is easy to get to from the North Circular. There is parking at the hotel (a godsend) and you are over the road from Belsize Park tube - perfect! As with all Premier Inns - you know what to expect. Rooms spotless, breakfast always good value - presided over by the incomparable Marisa who is part of the fixtures and fittings! She always remembers us and is a joy - so friendly and helpful - a real asset - every Premier Inn should have a Marisa :) A mention too for the other staff, especially on reception - all very pleasant and helpful. Try and get a room at the back of the hotel because it is on a main road and can be noisy at night.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back - the front can be noisy
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Karen H, Manager at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at London Hampstead Premier Inn. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will of course pass on you lovely feedback to Marissa and the rest of the team.
Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Always a lovely stay and so nice to sink into a comfortable bed after a day walking around the capital. Everything very clean and tidy, and the girls and guys on reception welcoming and helpful in finding out about bus travel. Breakfast again was lovely - plenty of variety and no problems with ordering poached eggs and veggie sausages, which came very quickly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the team made you feel welcome. We value the views and opinions of all our guests.

I hope we can welcome you again in the near future.
Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Very close to tube!! Only few stops away from Central london! Great restaurants around hotel!! Secure car parking! Easy to get to once left the motorway!! Lovely Mexican across the road ;) hotel staff lovely especially Marisa, she served at the fantastic premier inn breakfast!! Lots of choice lovely fresh food and good choice!! Would defiantly go back to this hotel. :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank emmabell05
Dear Guest

Thank you for the lovely feedback about your recent stay with us at London Hampstead Premier Inn. I have passed on your comments about Marissa and the team. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy sightseeing and hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

A fantastic break in a hotel with great staff. We will definitely stay here ago. Great location, short stroll to the tube, Hampstead Heath or local shops/eateries. Breakfasts up to usual high standard, evening dining was ok, service a touch slow. Staff couldn't be faulted.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Karen H, Manager at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for the your recent feedback on your stay with us at London Hampstead Premier Inn. I am delighted to hear that you had a Fantastic break. I have passed on your feedback to the team who are happy that they were able to make your stay enjoyable.

We look forward in welcoming you again at London Hampstead Premier Inn Premier Inn.
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Hotel is in a good location and receptionist was friendly and efficient, my room was tiny and very hot bearing in mind it was March I wouldn't want to be here in the summer. Food in the restaurant was good a tad overpriced but to be expected the staff were in short supply but overall the noise from the road was a real downer I barely slept all night so if you like to sleep I would recommend somewhere else!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us at London Hampstead Premier Inn. We do value the views and opinions of all our Guests. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some noise issues from the road. Although we are in a busy part of London, we have got double glazing which should prevent any noise from traffic.
Our reception team are available 24hours a day and will certainly try and resolve any issues our guests may have once we are made aware.
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations this visit and I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again and requesting a room on the other side of the building.
Thank you again for your feedback.