“Great Choice”

Ranked #270 of 1,069 Hotels in London
st helens
“Great Choice”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Wasn't sure when I booked this for me and the family but was very pleasantly surprised. The reception was very helpful and polite the bar and catering staff were excellent and again polite and courteous. The room albeit a little small was clean and had all we needed for a short break.
The gem however was the restaurant in the evening it was really good food a little more expensive than I would normally like but the quality and presentation was excellent. This represents an excellent base for seeing London only 5 stops from Euston totally recommend it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Karen H, Manager at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us recently and that the team looked after you and that you enjoyed your visit to London.

I hope to be able to welcomne you again in the future. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Swindon, United Kingdom

Very comfy.
Very clean.
Very friendly.
It was a really good nights sleep and the staff were ready on hand to help in anyway they could
So basically that is all I really have to say, it was the perfect stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at London Hampstead Premier Inn.
I am glad that you had a great stay . I wll of course pass on your comments to the team.
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here whist visiting husband in nearby hospital. Room very quiet,a little small but spotlessly clean. Breakfast/dinner offer good value for money. Staff appeared to be happy and very helpful. Feel it could be improved if WI FI was included in price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank hiltonj
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope we can welcome you back to London Hampstead again soon.
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Very pleasant 1 night stay to visit Camden Markets. Hotel and staff very professional and friendly couldn't fault anything, we would not consider staying any where else when we visit Hampstead / Camden again. Also many thanks for the card, balloons and bottle of chilled bubbly left in the room after I mentioned it was my wife's birthday a lovely personal touch which was very much appreciated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you had a great stay and the team looked after you and your family. I hope that your wife had a great birthday and we look forward in seeing you again soon.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great hotel. Great staff. Great price. Great location. Great transport links This hotel is going to be my 1st choice when I'm staying in London Staff very frienly took time to make us feel welcome. Kev and Victoria

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kev C
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at London Hampstead Premier Inn. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we would be your 1st choice in the future. We look forward in welcoming you again soon.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have stayed here quite a few times before and the staff are always helpful and friendly. This time however they were exceptional. I'd forgotten one of my Visa cards at Stansted airport. Not the one I was going to used to pay for the hotel by the way! The reception staff were genuinely interested and really helped me out by making calls, finding phone numbers etc etc. I got the card back.
The staff remembered me the following day and were seemingly genuinely pleased that things had worked out well.
The only downside of this and other Premier Inn hotels I have stayed at is that the family rooms aren't "family rooms" they are normal rooms with two extra and rather uncomfortable folding beds added. I feel that calling these "family rooms" is slightly disingenuous.
This however should not detract from the excellent service I received from the staff!

I'd recommend the location as it's in Belsize Park, itself a nice area with pubs cafés and restaurants but it's just an easy (uphill) walk to Hampstead and a long but downhill walk to Camden Market. Belsize Park tube is literally minutes away and from there it's a short tube ride into town. Or if you prefer you can walk 10 minutes to South End Green and get the 24 down town. If you're quick you can get the seats on the top deck at the front which gives you a great view on the way.

I have noticed that Premier Inn's prices have crept up considerably, without an apparent increase in quality. This and the small "family rooms" has made me look at alternatives, despite the excellent staff.

Room Tip: The single rooms are small, go for double occupancy. The higher floors are quieter. Family rooms are...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Karen H, Manager at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for the great comments on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that the team helped you with locating your card and helping you resolve this issue. The team at London Hampstead take great pride in making all our Guests feel genuinely welcome and enjoy making sure our guests enjoy their stay.

its great to hear that you were able to visit the local area as there are some lovely places to visit especially at this time of year.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

After a very promising start, Premier Inn have allowed their standards to slip. The comfy bed is the best part of one's stay but the cost has gone up and the service down. The attached restaurants are pretty awful with untrained chefs and poor quality ingredients. If they do not up their game, I expect to see Premier Inn sink further

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent feedbac k as we do vaulue the views andc opinions of all our guests. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

We try to keep our prices in line with our competitors and as a Brand we have some great offers via our Webpage .
I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience in our restaurant and am happy for you to contact me at the site to discuss.
We do try to resolve any guest issues as they occur however occasionally we miss the opportunity and value the feedback given.

Im look forward in hearing from you soon