“Excellent”

Ranked #270 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Kingston-upon-hull, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel, staff were a very helpful, happy and friendly bunch and made us feel most welcome. Very tidy and comfortable hotel, location is good for the tube (Northern Line), three to four stops away from Kings Cross.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Karen H, Manager at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had an Exellent stay with us at London Hampstead Premier Inn.

I am glad to hear that you were able to get around london as we are within close proximity to the underground.

I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here for 8 days. The location was great - it's 100m from the tube station with easy access to central London. Room was comfortable, staff were great. Some amenities lacking but overall great

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at London Hampstead Premier Inn. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the team were great. I am extremely proud of the team in knowing they care for all our guests.

I look forward in welcoming you back again soon.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights. This hotel is located very close to Belsize Park tube station, and on the 168 bus route. It is very easy to get to and from central London, and does not charge central London prices. It is within easy walking distance of Camden Lock Market, and also Hampstead Heath.
The staff were welcoming when we arrived, and although we were a bit early, before check in time at 2:00, they checked us in with no problem.
The room was comfortable, and everything worked. One of my main pet hates about hotels is when fixtures are broken, or things in the room don't work. There was no problem with this room.
We didn't book for breakfast, because of a bad experience the previous week at another Premier Inn. Instead we decided to try breakfast once, and see if it was better then the hotel we had stayed in the previous week. It turned out to be excellent, and we booked breakfast again for the next morning on the strength of the excellent breakfast we had on the first morning.
Everything about the breakfast was good, but I can't understand why Premier Inns don't have more than one coffee machine. There is invariably a queue at the machine, which is annoying. The coffee is always OK, but I like a long, strong cup. My recipe is to put a cup of Americano in, usually taking the cup away briefly so that less hot water goes in. Then I add a double espresso. It makes a lovely cup of coffee.
We had a good experience here from check-in to check-out. A marked contrast to the previous week when we had a disastrous stay in a different Premier Inn.

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms in this hotel are OK.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay. I am so happy that we have restored your faith in Premier Inn and I know the team will join me . At london Hampstead we strive to ensure that we make all our guests feel welcome so I am delighted we succeeded.

Thank you for choosing to stay and I hope we can welcome you back again.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just back home after eight lovely nights at Premier Inn London Hampstead. The check in was swift and we felt really welcomed.

The room, on the fourth floor facing the car park, was surprisingly quiet (29 db at the lowest). At two occasions we could barely hear the waste truck, and at one occasion we could hear other guests talking loudly in the corridor. In other words, nothing to write home about.

The breakfast was great, with something for almost everybody's taste, except if you are expecting to have cheese at breakfast, there are no cheese. But if the craving is too hard you can take a short walk to Budgens a couple of blocks down Haverstock Hill.

If you register you can have 30 minutes of free wifi each day. Or you can buy one day for 3£ or a week for 10£. Three devices can use the same account.

The location of the hotell was great, we could choose to go by tube or bus depending on where we were going.

Our only complain is the fact that there isn't enough space to dry wet towels in the bathroom.

We will definitely come back next time we are coming to London.

Room Tip: Higher floor and a room facing the back of the building.
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our All you can eat breakfast is great value for money and does include fruit , Cereals, Toast , Crumpets and a full hot breakfast.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again at London hampstead soon.
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hotel is in good walking distance from underground.
Ideal for Getting to Central London. 10mins to Euston straight run no need to change.
Also overground close, did not use it.
Hotel quiet, friendly, bathroom small.
Different restraunts,
all in easy walking distance.
Chemist.
Main bus route.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not entirely enjoy your stay. next time you book you can request a larger room and if we have them available the team will try and accomodate this request.

I hope to see you again at Premier Inn soon
Orange County, California
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I recommend this hotel to everyone staying in London and looking for a reasonable rate. It's located in an incredibly quaint area of London and less than a 5 minute walk from the Belsize Park tube Station (Northern Line). The staff are incredibly helpful and welcoming. I always feel at home here.

The rooms themselves are functional. Not too many bells and whistles but everything you need for a CLEAN and peaceful stay. It's a great place to rest your head and clean yourself up for another day in beautiful London!

I will always recommend this place! Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Karen H, Manager at Premier Inn London Hampstead Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic stay and that the team looked after you so well. It is brilliant to hear that you would visit us again and that you would recommend us as a place to stay.
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I've stayed in many Premier Inn's and this trip was a bit disappointing compared to others.

Good stuff:
- Staff polite and friendly as always.
- Great location, and has off street parking for much lower daily rate than other hotels (eg. Hilton)
- Bed comfortable and room/bathroom generally very clean (if housekeeping have been in!)
- Air-con works well, and despite being on a main road, room was quiet with windows closed.

Bad stuff:
- Room very small, even by London standards, I felt like I was in a box.
- I arrived late on a Sunday evening and the room had not been tidied or bed made. I was tired so I didn't bother saying anything, which was my choice, but nonetheless not acceptable.

Finally, although I know it is tourist season in London, I do feel that the room price was over the top. £110 a night and when I asked if I could extend for a further night, it would have been £181! When quoted this price, I exclaimed that I could probably stay at the Park Lane Hilton for that money - to be fair to the receptionist she did suggest that I look online for some last minute deals! Just in case you were wondering, you unfortunately cannot stay at the Park Lane Hilton for less than £250/night, but I did get a much larger room at the Kensington Hilton for £169, so it is worth looking around instead of getting mugged off by extending!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest

Thank you for your recent feedback. I am sorry that you did not entirely enjoy your stay.
We do have some smaller rooms in the hotel , and will transfer to a bigger room if requested or able.
We are very busier this time of the year but are competiveley priced with all our competitors. The earlier you book the cheaper the price as with all other hotels.

I am glad to hear that the team were helpful and the room was quiet dispite being on a main road.

I hope to be able to welcome you again tom Premier Inn soon .