US$280
US$125
US$336
US$156
  • Fitness centre
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$183
  • Restaurant
Hilton London Canary Wharf(London)(Great Value!)
US$222
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock(London)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$481
Agoda.com
  • Pool
2,075 results
All reviewsoxford streetmarble archgreat locationhyde parkbooked a single roombigger roomrooms are smallreception staffan upgradequiet streetcentral locationmini barbreakfast was includedtube stationselfridgesirontheatre
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is literally behind Oxford Street, just behind M&S and Selfridges, so great for shopping and Mayfair. Andrea checked us in and the room was not quite ready, she stored our cases and had them put in the room whilst we where shopping, so lovely touch.The rooms are not big, but this place is all about the location and service. The breakfast is buffet style, but worth paying £2 more and having eggs benedict. Everyone was really helpful and attentive, Andrea and the staff work really hard to make the stay pleasurable. definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillyA1966
Shyam_Antyah, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Billy,

It is a great feeling to read such a fantastic feedback about your recent experience with us here at the Radisson Blu Sussex hotel .

Andrea, myself and the rest of the team were delighted to know that you enjoyed your time in our company. It was great knowing that you made the most out of our superb location, breakfast and the personalised service that we strive to extend to all our guests. I am proud to work with a passionate team who love looking after our guests and your positive feedback serves as a boost to our motivation and energy.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon. My email address is antyahm@radisson.com, if I can be of any assistance on your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best wishes

Reviewed 28 October 2013

So pleased I book this hotel perfect location for shopping booked early and think I got a good price for Central London . Booked 3 rooms and got a free upgrade for one of the rooms , the rooms are small but you can see that from the hotel photos . Would defiantly stay here again staff were very helpfull and friendly

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Shyam_Antyah, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Karen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

It is very rewarding and encouraging to read such a positive review. I was thrilled to know that you have made the most out of our location and enjoyed your stay throughout.

I hope we will be your preferred hotel on your trips to London. It was indeed our pleasure to have you with us and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and serving you again.

If I can assist you on your future visits, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on antyahm@radisson.com.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I'd read reviews on TA about some of the single rooms at this property being extra small, so I emailed the hotel in advance seeking confirmation that since I was staying multiple nights, I would be allocated one of the larger single rooms. The hotel responded quickly in confirmation. I also requested early check-in, since I was landing in the morning.

I reached the hotel by 9 am, much before check-in time. The front office had instructions about my request and had the room ready for me by 10 o'clock, until which time they stored my bags. Smooth check-in process.

This is a small 100+ room hotel and the service is personalised. After the first night, many of the front office staff were referring to me by name when I walked into, or out of, the hotel.

The positives

The room size was very well utllised and had a study desk and a sitting area. To manage this well in about 18 sq.m needs a good designer. The room had everything you needed - high-speed wifi, mini bar, in-room coffeemaker, hair-dryer, ironing board and trouser press, in-room safe, bathrobe etc.
Housekeeping is tops. Excellent, efficient staff. The hotel and the guest room looks well kept at all times.
In-room service: Excellent again
Front- office : Friendly, cooperative, highly responsive personnel who go out of the way for you.
Wifi: Free, high speed wifi for unlimited devices. Hotels which charge you exorbitantly for internet truly should be boycotted. In these times, where the internet virtually rules our lives, this is a necessity and not a luxury.
Restaurant: i only ate breakfasts at the hotel which, for the promotional price of £11.50 that was ongoing, was pretty good. I think the regular price of £19.50 would be more than it deserves.
Business services: free internet, use of a desktop and printing. Again, a good touch.
Security: Roomkey-accessed elevator does give security the additional edge.
Gym: I believe the hotel has a gym but I can't comment because I didn't use it.
Location: Probably the hotel's USP. Just off Oxford Steeet, behind Marks and Spencer, this hotel has a fantastic location. You can make multiple trips back to your room to dump those shopping bags. Sightseeing is convenient, Hyde Park a short walk away, several restaurants and coffee shops are in the neighbourhood, and the Selfridges food hall is also right there.

The negatives:
Only one elevator. This can sometimes make the wait a bit longish.
The bathroom: The person who designed the bathroom needs to go back to school. Only circus artists amd ElasticMan can conveniently use these. Towel racks inaccessible from shower area, no counters to place any items near the wash basin. I pointed these out to one of the managers, who diligentlly made notes and promised to take these up at their next design review meeting.
Air conditoning: During the middle of the night, this would power off on its own more than once and you would wake up cold. I complained, issue was addressed immediately, was fine for one night, but went back to its errant ways the following night. The hotel needs to address this quickly.
The shower: the water randomly fluctuates between hot and cold. Probably happens when more than one shower on the same line is being used simultaneously because did not occur each time.

Overall, the positives far outweigh the few negatives and I would choose this hotel again without giving it a thought. The location and the staff's attitude more than makes up for the few negatives.

Room Tip: Email the hotel in advance if you are staying in a single room for more than one night
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MumbaiResident
NaserSiddiqui, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear reviewer ,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking some of your precious time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate your requests for a larger room and early check-in. We are grateful that you have contacted us and made your preferences and requests known to us prior to your arrival and would request the same for any other reviewers as this gives us the opportunity to taylor our service to our guests needs. As you have rightly mentioned, all our rooms are ergonomically designed with our guests in mind and create a ‘home from home’ feeling. Every comfort is catered for and each room has been decorated in calming, neutral tones and accented by rich colours and fabrics. We pride ourselves for our friendly and individualised service and I am thrilled that you have acknowledged this on this platform. It is both encouraging and rewarding for myself and my colleagues to have such reviews written about what they do on a daily basis.

It is great to learn that our hotel and in-room facilities were to your convenience as well as the fact that you have enjoyed our breakfast. May I recommend you to try our new 'Scoff & Banter' restaurant on your next visit where our carefully selected menu offers Great British food that feeds the soul and fuels the moment.
We have taken good note of the constructive points you have mentioned and please rest assured that they will all be addressed.
Thank you once again for sharing your experience and we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you and serving you again. Kindest regards, Nesar

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I recently stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip - room 227. The hotel is a converted historic building and as such has character. However, the first impression is not a good one - not because of anything that's wrong with the hotel but because it looks straight at the back of row of large doors giving access into the back of the shops on Oxford street. When I arrived, the bins were all left out along this street and it's alla bit of an eyesore.

Things change as you walk through the door into the hotel, though. The impression is of a stylish boutique-type hotel. Reception is extremely compact but the staff were very friendly and welcoming. My room was on the second floor, accessed by the lift, and a little walk down a narrow corridor (so narrow, that a person could not pass a cart used by the maid service to prepare the rooms).

Having read the reviews, I already knew my single room would be small - the bed, at least, was slightly larger than a normal single bed, but I could stand in the middle of the room and touch the walls on both sides. The bathroom was equally small. One notable thing, though, was that everything was spotlessly clean - superbly so. It's clear that the room had recently been at least partially renovated - the flat screen TV was extremely high-tech and integrates with your own PED - it's nice to connect your own iPod into the system and listen/watch what you want to. Whilst on the subject, free wi-fi is also offered to the credit of the hotel.

Having said all this, I did get a decent night's sleep which, at the end of the day, is what I was paying for and I didn't really spend that much time in the room anyway. The linen and towels were refreshed each day, which I appreciated.

I ate breakfast here each day and was very impressed both by the quantity of different items on offer and the friendliness of the staff. Normally priced at almost £20, the hotel offered me vouchers to practically halve this. I have to admit that £20 is quite high (I would expect to pay about £15) but the £11 or so that I ended up paying seemed like a bargain.

Check out was lightning fast and well handled by the friendly staff.

In short, if you need a functional base in the centre of London that you really only will use to sleep and get changed, then this is the place for you. But you won't get luxury!

Room Tip: Try not to get one of the single rooms; end of corridor rooms are good and quiet if on the inside of hotel (facing away from the street)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Daniel C
Shyam_Antyah, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Daniel,

Thank you very much for posting such a comprehensive review.

I was very pleased to learn that you had a good stay with us overall. I am glad that our in-room equipments and free WIFI (a necessity nowadays) were to your convenience. I appreciate your comments regarding the size of your room but it was reassuring to know that you found it to have been kept spotlessly clean in our usual standard. Perhaps on your next stay, you would like to try our Business Class rooms, which offer the ultimate space and comfort.

It was also a pleasure to read that you were impressed with our breakfast offering. I am not sure if you have had the opportunity to dine with us? We are proud to have launched our new concept, Scoff & Banter, offering a collection of traditional British classics served straight up, nice and simple. Great food, amazing value!

Please do not hesitate contact me on your future trip to London and I will be more than happy to personally take care of your next reservation.

Kind regards,

Email: antyahm@radisson.com

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Extremely small room. Extremely small bathroom that required refurbishment (as a min the space between ceramic tiles should be sealed, see attached photo). The room I stayed for 5 days faced the little yard and was located just above the kitchen and ventilation pipes. It was not possible to use air-con as it is so old that produced so much noise and you cannot hear TV well. You cannot open the window because it strongly smells "fish and chips" and other not pleasant smells from the kitchen. I think if it was a one night stay it would be OK, but not for the 5 nights stay definitely. Not good value for money also.
On a positive side: perfect location, just behind the Oxford street. Extremely friendly staff. Standard breakfast.

Room Tip: definitely not a room facing the yard and especially on the 3d floor above the kitchen
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank xmas2578

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It was disheartening to read that your 5 nights stay was marred by a few issues in your bedroom. I am sorry that we did not get the chance to hear about your complaints first-handedly. We are just a touch of a button away and we would have been more than happy to find a solution. However, we welcome your detailed comments through this platform and would like to assure you that we will be looking at each of those points you have raised.

We would very much like to have the opportunity to serve you again and get the chance to demonstrate our usual high standard. Please contact me directly on antyahm@radisson.com the next time you are in the area and let me to take care of your next reservation.

I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,