“Weekend in London” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #387 of 1,087 Hotels in London
NORTHERN IRELAND
“Weekend in London”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here with my sister at the weekend. Extremely central, very clean and super bar and restaurant. Excellent staff both friendly and very helpful. The best London hotel we have stayed in. We would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shyam_Antyah, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the with us for your weekend treat in London! It was delightful to learn that yourself and your sister had an excellent experience and you made the most of our brilliant location.

We pride ourselves for our friendly and helpful staff and it is fantastic to read such encouraging feedback. It is great that you had the time to experience Scoff & Banter Bar and Restaurant and we are thrilled to be the best hotel that you have ever come across in London.

I appreciate you sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor followers and this will undoubtedly help them make an informed decision about when booking their accommodation in London.

The team and I are eagerly looking forward for your return!

Email:antyahm@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Arabic first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

This was my first afternoon tea which was given to me for my birthday. I really enjoyed my afternoon tea and the staff were very polite, friendly and listened to our needs. The sandwiches and cakes were amazing

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shyam_Antyah, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Chaya,

It is fantastic to read that you have enjoyed your afternoon tea and I am ever so grateful that you have taken the time to share this with the world.

Enjoying an Afternoon Tea with friends has been a tradition since the early 19th century and there’s no better way to unwind. Your kind words about our staff and food are greatly appreciated. I hope that you will be back for another great experience, may be this time it will be for an evening meal or even an overnight stay.

I look forward to having you with us soon.

Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

The check in was quite slow and confusing, they booked us in to a single double room in stead of a twin room, the room, it was well catered for (shower was weak) beds were comfy and there was tea, coffee and a mini bar provided. Very good breakfast.

Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback about your recent stay with us. We place enormous value on what our guests have to say and can only improve if we truly listen and take genuine action.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the facilities in your room as well as our breakfast offering. On the other hand, I am sorry that your check-in took longer than usual and caused some confusion. Rest assured that I will personally address this with my team and hope that you will treat this as an isolated case as I can assure you that this is definitely not the norm.

I have noted your point about the weak shower pressure and passed it on to our Maintenance Manager for immediate action.

I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again. My email address is antyahm@radisson.com if I can be of any assistance.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

On arrival there was an issue with my booking but the ladies on reception worked very hard to rectify it and the issue was solved. The hotel is in a great location and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Zoe,

Thank you for choosing the Sussex for your recent visit to London.

It was very reassuring to learn that our staff were able to resolve the issue with your booking. Indeed the latter will be thrilled to see their efforts being recognised on this public platform and nothing is more rewarding that this.

I am glad that you will be staying with us again. If I can be any assistance in making your reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me on the email address provided below.

The team and I look forward to having you with us soon.

Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We booked an afternoon tea treat at this hotel for my husband's birthday. It was easy to find in a quiet area off behind Oxford Street. On a wet February day we were made very welcome by the friendly and efficient staff. The tea was really good and excellent value for money. We had 8 finger sandwiches each with 4 different fillings, plus 2 warm scones each with jam and clotted cream, and a chocolate brownie, plus some lemon drizzle cake and a fancy cake each. There was also a strawberry jelly in a shot glass for each of us. Needless to say we were very full by the end of teatime. Beverages were unlimited and we had piping hot pots of Earl Grey tea, which were refilled swiftly on request. The staff were attentive but discrete, and we never felt hurried or rushed to leave. A delightful experience and one which we both agreed we would like to repeat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue K
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your afternoon tea treat on your husband's special day and very grateful that you took the time to write about your experience in detail.

Our staff felt very rewarded when reading your feedback and indeed this acts as a great motivating factor. No doubt that other guests will find your review helpful before planning their own trips.

I hope will have the pleasure of hosting an evening meal next time, or even an overnight stay. Should you require any assistance with any future reservations, please do not hesitate to drop me a line on antyahm@radisson.com.

I look forward to having you with us in the not so distant future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Hotelo is in a good location just near Marble Arch and off Oxford Street
Its a small friendly hotel with nice Bar and Breakfast facilities
The staff are what really make it though as sometimes the rooms can be quite compact but are always clean and comfortable
It has to be said that overall value for money is excellent

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Shyam_Antyah, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear David,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful account of your recent stay with us.

As a team we strive for one thing only, to build long term relationships with our guests through exceptional service delivery and your positive feedback is therefore very encouraging and motivating indeed. Christina and Tia were thrilled to read their names being mentioned on Tripadvisor.

I love the way you decribed the hotel, we are indeed a friendly boutique hotel with a bar and restaurant, which is just the kind of hip little place you’d expect tucked into a quiet corner off Oxford Street.

The team and I look forward to welcome you back soon and host another great stay.

Best wishes,

Colchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Booked in for 3 nights at the end of January 2014. I booked a double room even though I was solo. I was given a very small room. It had a double bed but had my wife been with me she would have had to climb over me to get out of bed. The double only just fit between the walls at the top and bottom and was hard against the wall. Breakfast was included and was the standard Radisson breakfast. Very pricey if not included in the price. Plenty of alternatives nearby if you are not on an inclusive package. Bar ok but is a little pricey noting this is Central London.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room when checking in. Hotel is very busy so not always possible to change rooms if...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Despite the fact that we did not manage to tick all the boxes, I am grateful for your feedback.

Our location is indeed ideal for shopping. You stroll out of the door and within seconds you are in busy Oxford Street. You are also close to many attractions like Hyde Park, Speakers Corner, Sherlock Holmes Museum and Sotheby's.

The room sizes at the Sussex hotel do vary due to the age of our building and some tend to be smaller than others. However, please be assured that they are all equipped with the same in-room facilities. Let me take this oppotunity to share with you and other readers that our breakfast has only the best ingredients including a hot section, cereal station with several different cereals, dried fruit, seeds and nuts, cold meats, smoked salmon, pastries and fresh breads, fresh fruit juices and much more.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of being your host again as we would very much like to have the opportunity to reinstate your confidence.