“Radisson Blu Sussex”

Ranked #377 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Leeds, UK
“Radisson Blu Sussex”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

A return visit here, last staying in 2010.

Things have improved since last visit – a very clean, well maintained property. Very good location about 30 seconds off Oxford Street. Ideal for shopping!

Reasonably priced compared to other hotels in the area, probably reflecting the room sixes. I stayed in an executive room, which was a fairly good size, however the bathroom was tiny, having to enter the bathroom and squeeze the door shut to get to the sink and bath / shower. Lack of travel in the shower screen and proximity to the sink meant getting in the bath shower was difficult.

Room furnishings good – really comfy mattress and pillows.

Good sized TV- must have been 30” TV? Wireless a bit strange, produced by the TV in the room, so only works whilst TV is turned on – had to contact reception to work out how to connect – but free Wi-Fi so no complaints once I had it connected.

Good sized safe, took two good sized laptops – a room feature I appreciate when on business.
Well located near Marble Arch, good for an evening stroll in Hyde Park, or maybe a stroll down through Green Park to Buckingham Palace.

Room Tip: Go for executive room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Shyam_Antyah, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us again for your trip to London and for sharing such an extensive feedback of your stay. It is very much appreciated.

It is very reassuring to learn that you have seen improvements since your last visit 4 years ago and it is through your valuable feedback that we will continue to improve. I am also glad that you have found the location and in-room facilities much to your convenience.

I look forward to having you with us again in the not so distant future.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed for two nights for my 50th. The room was clean and smartly decorated. I agree with some other comments that the room was on the small side but to be honest it was perfectly ok for us. We really only showered and slept there anyway. It also had air con which was great as it was hot and humid during our stay. Real bonus! Staff were really professional and efficient. A good advert for the hotel. Location was just off (200 yds!) off Oxford st!! Fab for shopping etc. On my last day the staff had even left wine and choc for my birthday. A really super touch as someone hD noted my file and made a special effort. The restaurant was reasonably priced and the meal was really tasty. I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Stella,

Thank you for choosing us for this very special occasion and for giving us your seal of approval on Tripadvisor.

I am so thrilled to see that you have not only enjoyed the décor, cleanliness and location of the hotel but also the human element of our business. We place a lot of emphasis in making sure our guests feel at home whilst with us and your feedback certainly reaffirms that. Furthermore, I am glad that you also enjoyed your meal in Scoff and Banter and felt that it was good value for money.

Myself and the entire team are eager to have you with us again and host another lovely stay.

Sincere regards,

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had a wonderful experience much in part to the friendly and accommodating staff. I requested an early check in and they made every attempt to get me in the room as soon as possible. The food in the restaurant was exquisite as was the wait staff. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

It is truly heart-warming to read that you had a wonderful experience in our company. There is nothing more rewarding then to know that our guests thoroughly enjoy their time with us. We appreciate your feedback

We cannot wait to have you back with us and look forward to welcoming you again

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Overall a great little hotel. Perfect location for Oxford Street and Hyde Park. Plenty to see and do and a stones throw from Marble Arch and Bond Street Tube Stations. The hotel is sweet and well managed with great facilities. The only thing that let it down was the size of the room/bathroom and the beds. Serviceable for a one night stay but the mattresses are a tad on the concrete side. But otherwise wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Jon,

Thank you for showing us your appreciation on Tripadvisor.

It is great to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and made the most of our location. We are indeed an ideal hub when it comes to shopping and sightseeing and even if one is here on a business trip.

Myself and the team hope to have the pleasure of being your host again. Feel free to drop me an email when making your booking so I can make sure that you have a more comfortable stay.

Email: antyahm@radisson.com
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hotel has many good points. It was clean, well located and the reception and door staff are very helpful but some negatives too. Very very small rooms - or at least my single room was like a broom cupboard and breakfast was shambolic. I got the impression the young man who looked after me at breakfast was only starting out so hopefully he will improve but it did take away from the overall stay to be served your tea/toast and poached egg all at widely different intervals!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your constructive feedback with us via Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read your comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel and the friendliness of our staff. I would also like to take this opportunity to offer you our sincere apologies for the poor service at breakfast, which did not reflect our usual high standard. Please be assured that the points you have raised have been highlighted to the Restaurant Manager and the necessary steps will be put in place immediately to substantiate these shortfalls. It is only through your valuable feedback that we can continue to review and improve our service standards and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience. As far as the rooms are concerned, I agree with you that some of our rooms are more suitable for the short stay. I very much hope that you will return and I would like you to drop me an e-mail so that I can personally look after you on your next stay.

Thank you again for sharing your views with us and the rest of the Tripadvisor audience. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kindest regards,

Email: antyahm@radisson.com
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Greeting at reception was warm and friendly.

There appears to be only one small lift so waited 5 mins to go to my room on 4th floor. Have stayed in many Radisson hotels over the year so thought I knew what to expect.....I was wrong.

The room was the smallest I have ever stayed in, anywhere in the world. It was the size of a bigcupboard. Nowhere to put my case and bedside table entirely taken up by the phone. Tiny bathroom, about twice the size of an aeroplane toilet.

Room was warm, window opened but there was a very pervasive smell of curry from somewhere and being off Oxford st, it was pretty noisy.

I can't believe they have the nerve to hire this room out.

Otherwise typical good Radisson levels of service from the staff.

I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, or insist on an actual room instead of a cupboard.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Gamal_Sadaka, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I was very sorry to learn of your disappointing experience, please accept my unreserved apologies for that. We value your feedback and would like to reassure you that each and every point you have mentioned will be followed up.

I appreciate your comment about the lift and whilst the current structure of the building only allows us to operate one lift, I have passed this on to our product team for further development. All of our rooms have Air Conditioning and we would have been even more than happy to assist with setting your ideal temperature, we are only a touch of a button away 24 hours a day.

In regards to your comment about the room size, some of our single rooms do tend to be smaller and more suitable for the short stay travellers. However, majority of our rooms in all categories are perfect for long stays with plenty of in-room space, with some having decent sized bathrooms.

I would be grateful if you would get in touch with me on sadakag@radisson.com so as to discuss the possibility of you giving us another chance of hosting your stay in London. I am confident that we can find the right room for you and we will be delighted to serve you again.

Gamal Sadaka
Guest relations Manager
Cardiff
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stay here most weeks with business, and am nver disappointed with the service. The staff look after me and the hotel is big enough to provide luxury but small enough to feel personal. Great location to get to the city easily whilst being close to the shops and restaurants of Mayfair and oxford st.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanking you for being a patron of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex hotel. I am very pleased to learn that our dedicated team are always taking care of you during your stay with us.

We pride ourselves with our high level of personalised service that never disappoints and I truly believe that it is through our people that we can make a difference to the service we provide to our guests that make them choose to stay with us again and again.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Warmest regards,