“Radisson Blue”

Ranked #385 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Dallas, Texas
“Radisson Blue”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The staff is uniformly courteous and professional. The restaurant/bar food and service is excellent. The location of the hotel in Mayfair could not be better - the Wallace Collection is just two blocks away which is a plus. The only challenge is the size of the rooms. The basic rooms are just too small to be usable. When you check in you are offered the chance to upgrade. Take it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gamal_Sadaka, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Bryan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your encouraging feedback with the world on this platform. You can always count on our professional and dedicated team, who take great pleasure in making our guests’ stay most comfortable. I was delighted to read that your dining experience at the Scoff & Banter was excellent

I appreciate your comments about our room size, they do vary due to age of the building. However, as you rightly mentioned, one can upgrade their room to a higher category for a small supplement, subject to availability.

Thank you again for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Warmest regards,

Gamal Sadaka
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Arabic first
stoke on trent
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed for 1 night on 31.05.2014 as we were down london for an event @ WembleyStadium.
Hotel was immaculate, staff were extremley polite, could not fault the hotel at all.
Locations was great, we found getting off at Marlble Arch Station was ideal, just off Oxford Street and only minutes away from Hyde Park. Would definetly revisit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for such praising review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex. It was very encouraging to know that your stay was smooth in every aspect.

I am proud to work with such a passionate and dedicated team, who love looking after all our guests and make them feel at home away from home. Undoubtedly your positive feedback will serve as a boost to our motivation and energy.

Thank you once again for showing your appreciation on Tripadvisor and we look forward to having you back with us in the nearest future.

Gamal Sadaka
Guest Relations Manager
Leeds, UK
Reviewed 16 June 2014

A return visit here, last staying in 2010.

Things have improved since last visit – a very clean, well maintained property. Very good location about 30 seconds off Oxford Street. Ideal for shopping!

Reasonably priced compared to other hotels in the area, probably reflecting the room sixes. I stayed in an executive room, which was a fairly good size, however the bathroom was tiny, having to enter the bathroom and squeeze the door shut to get to the sink and bath / shower. Lack of travel in the shower screen and proximity to the sink meant getting in the bath shower was difficult.

Room furnishings good – really comfy mattress and pillows.

Good sized TV- must have been 30” TV? Wireless a bit strange, produced by the TV in the room, so only works whilst TV is turned on – had to contact reception to work out how to connect – but free Wi-Fi so no complaints once I had it connected.

Good sized safe, took two good sized laptops – a room feature I appreciate when on business.
Well located near Marble Arch, good for an evening stroll in Hyde Park, or maybe a stroll down through Green Park to Buckingham Palace.

Room Tip: Go for executive room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Shyam_Antyah, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us again for your trip to London and for sharing such an extensive feedback of your stay. It is very much appreciated.

It is very reassuring to learn that you have seen improvements since your last visit 4 years ago and it is through your valuable feedback that we will continue to improve. I am also glad that you have found the location and in-room facilities much to your convenience.

I look forward to having you with us again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed for two nights for my 50th. The room was clean and smartly decorated. I agree with some other comments that the room was on the small side but to be honest it was perfectly ok for us. We really only showered and slept there anyway. It also had air con which was great as it was hot and humid during our stay. Real bonus! Staff were really professional and efficient. A good advert for the hotel. Location was just off (200 yds!) off Oxford st!! Fab for shopping etc. On my last day the staff had even left wine and choc for my birthday. A really super touch as someone hD noted my file and made a special effort. The restaurant was reasonably priced and the meal was really tasty. I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Stella,

Thank you for choosing us for this very special occasion and for giving us your seal of approval on Tripadvisor.

I am so thrilled to see that you have not only enjoyed the décor, cleanliness and location of the hotel but also the human element of our business. We place a lot of emphasis in making sure our guests feel at home whilst with us and your feedback certainly reaffirms that. Furthermore, I am glad that you also enjoyed your meal in Scoff and Banter and felt that it was good value for money.

Myself and the entire team are eager to have you with us again and host another lovely stay.

Sincere regards,

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had a wonderful experience much in part to the friendly and accommodating staff. I requested an early check in and they made every attempt to get me in the room as soon as possible. The food in the restaurant was exquisite as was the wait staff. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there and would recommend it to everyone.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

It is truly heart-warming to read that you had a wonderful experience in our company. There is nothing more rewarding then to know that our guests thoroughly enjoy their time with us. We appreciate your feedback

We cannot wait to have you back with us and look forward to welcoming you again

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Overall a great little hotel. Perfect location for Oxford Street and Hyde Park. Plenty to see and do and a stones throw from Marble Arch and Bond Street Tube Stations. The hotel is sweet and well managed with great facilities. The only thing that let it down was the size of the room/bathroom and the beds. Serviceable for a one night stay but the mattresses are a tad on the concrete side. But otherwise wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Jon,

Thank you for showing us your appreciation on Tripadvisor.

It is great to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and made the most of our location. We are indeed an ideal hub when it comes to shopping and sightseeing and even if one is here on a business trip.

Myself and the team hope to have the pleasure of being your host again. Feel free to drop me an email when making your booking so I can make sure that you have a more comfortable stay.

Email: antyahm@radisson.com
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hotel has many good points. It was clean, well located and the reception and door staff are very helpful but some negatives too. Very very small rooms - or at least my single room was like a broom cupboard and breakfast was shambolic. I got the impression the young man who looked after me at breakfast was only starting out so hopefully he will improve but it did take away from the overall stay to be served your tea/toast and poached egg all at widely different intervals!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your constructive feedback with us via Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read your comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel and the friendliness of our staff. I would also like to take this opportunity to offer you our sincere apologies for the poor service at breakfast, which did not reflect our usual high standard. Please be assured that the points you have raised have been highlighted to the Restaurant Manager and the necessary steps will be put in place immediately to substantiate these shortfalls. It is only through your valuable feedback that we can continue to review and improve our service standards and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience. As far as the rooms are concerned, I agree with you that some of our rooms are more suitable for the short stay. I very much hope that you will return and I would like you to drop me an e-mail so that I can personally look after you on your next stay.

Thank you again for sharing your views with us and the rest of the Tripadvisor audience. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kindest regards,