“Great London Hotel”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel
Ranked #382 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Great London Hotel”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel has an excellent staff and a great location for touring in London. Very clean and well cared for. We had read about the small rooms and asked for a larger room at check in. They obliged. Underground and bus stops very convenient. Good pub around the corner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Shyam_Antyah, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Frederick,

Thank you kindly for staying with us and for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

It was a great pleasure being your host and we are very pleased that you had a lovely stay. Your feedback here will definitely help other travellers in making an informed decision about where to stay when travelling to London.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Arabic first
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed here in early June with some friends, we had all booked the single rooms. These rooms are basic, but adequate for just putting your head down after a fun night in London. We paid just under £100 for one night, and breakfast, which considering the central location is a complete bargain.
The hotel was clean and comfortable.
Why not 5 start? Well check in is at 3pm - at this time they only had one of our rooms ready, and when we went out at 3:30 - they still weren't ready. With check out being 11am, knowing we had requested a 3pm check in, I would have expected the rooms to be ready. Yes they can store your bags, but for those who have travelled a long way (as my friends had), you really want a 'brush up' before you go out.
But staff very nice, special mention to Ali who made me the most delicious Cosmo's at the bar. Very sweet smiley young man, couldn't do enough to ensure I was looked after.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Diane,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your leisure trip to London.

I was very disappointed to learn that your room was not ready upon your arrival at 3pm and I would like to offer you my apologies for this. Let me reassure you that I have passed on this valuable feedback to our housekeeping team so that we can take learning from this.

On a positive note, it was very pleasing to read that you found the hotel clean and comfortable and enjoyed our service. I was also very pleased to learn that you very much enjoyed your cocktail. Ali was very thrilled to learn that he was mentioned by name on Tripadvisor and no doubt that this will be a great motivator for him.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting another stay for you and the team and I look forward to that.

Kindest regards,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The staff is uniformly courteous and professional. The restaurant/bar food and service is excellent. The location of the hotel in Mayfair could not be better - the Wallace Collection is just two blocks away which is a plus. The only challenge is the size of the rooms. The basic rooms are just too small to be usable. When you check in you are offered the chance to upgrade. Take it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gamal_Sadaka, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Bryan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your encouraging feedback with the world on this platform. You can always count on our professional and dedicated team, who take great pleasure in making our guests’ stay most comfortable. I was delighted to read that your dining experience at the Scoff & Banter was excellent

I appreciate your comments about our room size, they do vary due to age of the building. However, as you rightly mentioned, one can upgrade their room to a higher category for a small supplement, subject to availability.

Thank you again for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Warmest regards,

Gamal Sadaka
Guest Relations Manager
stoke on trent
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed for 1 night on 31.05.2014 as we were down london for an event @ WembleyStadium.
Hotel was immaculate, staff were extremley polite, could not fault the hotel at all.
Locations was great, we found getting off at Marlble Arch Station was ideal, just off Oxford Street and only minutes away from Hyde Park. Would definetly revisit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for such praising review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex. It was very encouraging to know that your stay was smooth in every aspect.

I am proud to work with such a passionate and dedicated team, who love looking after all our guests and make them feel at home away from home. Undoubtedly your positive feedback will serve as a boost to our motivation and energy.

Thank you once again for showing your appreciation on Tripadvisor and we look forward to having you back with us in the nearest future.

Gamal Sadaka
Guest Relations Manager
Leeds, UK
Reviewed 16 June 2014

A return visit here, last staying in 2010.

Things have improved since last visit – a very clean, well maintained property. Very good location about 30 seconds off Oxford Street. Ideal for shopping!

Reasonably priced compared to other hotels in the area, probably reflecting the room sixes. I stayed in an executive room, which was a fairly good size, however the bathroom was tiny, having to enter the bathroom and squeeze the door shut to get to the sink and bath / shower. Lack of travel in the shower screen and proximity to the sink meant getting in the bath shower was difficult.

Room furnishings good – really comfy mattress and pillows.

Good sized TV- must have been 30” TV? Wireless a bit strange, produced by the TV in the room, so only works whilst TV is turned on – had to contact reception to work out how to connect – but free Wi-Fi so no complaints once I had it connected.

Good sized safe, took two good sized laptops – a room feature I appreciate when on business.
Well located near Marble Arch, good for an evening stroll in Hyde Park, or maybe a stroll down through Green Park to Buckingham Palace.

Room Tip: Go for executive room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Shyam_Antyah, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us again for your trip to London and for sharing such an extensive feedback of your stay. It is very much appreciated.

It is very reassuring to learn that you have seen improvements since your last visit 4 years ago and it is through your valuable feedback that we will continue to improve. I am also glad that you have found the location and in-room facilities much to your convenience.

I look forward to having you with us again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed for two nights for my 50th. The room was clean and smartly decorated. I agree with some other comments that the room was on the small side but to be honest it was perfectly ok for us. We really only showered and slept there anyway. It also had air con which was great as it was hot and humid during our stay. Real bonus! Staff were really professional and efficient. A good advert for the hotel. Location was just off (200 yds!) off Oxford st!! Fab for shopping etc. On my last day the staff had even left wine and choc for my birthday. A really super touch as someone hD noted my file and made a special effort. The restaurant was reasonably priced and the meal was really tasty. I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Stella,

Thank you for choosing us for this very special occasion and for giving us your seal of approval on Tripadvisor.

I am so thrilled to see that you have not only enjoyed the décor, cleanliness and location of the hotel but also the human element of our business. We place a lot of emphasis in making sure our guests feel at home whilst with us and your feedback certainly reaffirms that. Furthermore, I am glad that you also enjoyed your meal in Scoff and Banter and felt that it was good value for money.

Myself and the entire team are eager to have you with us again and host another lovely stay.

Sincere regards,

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had a wonderful experience much in part to the friendly and accommodating staff. I requested an early check in and they made every attempt to get me in the room as soon as possible. The food in the restaurant was exquisite as was the wait staff. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

It is truly heart-warming to read that you had a wonderful experience in our company. There is nothing more rewarding then to know that our guests thoroughly enjoy their time with us. We appreciate your feedback

We cannot wait to have you back with us and look forward to welcoming you again

Warm wishes,