“A great team makes stay positive”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel
Ranked #389 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Taunton, United Kingdom
“A great team makes stay positive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 10 years. There have been occasions where the service or the hotel experience have not been great during this time, but my most recent few stays are evidence that a lot of work has been done to improve the attitude and capability of the staff team. My most recent stay (July 21 thru 23) was an incredibly pleasant experience from the moment I stepped through the door to the moment I left. The hotel team went out of their way to recognise me as a regular customer, checked throughout that I had everything I needed and of late have completely changed my perception about whether I would stay here out of choice rather than just because my first preference Radisson is not available. The hotel is well placed for Oxford Street shopping, the nearest tube station is about a 3 minute walk, and if you are prepared to walk 10 minutes off the main Oxford Street throng, there are some exceptional restaurants within easy reach. I have marked the hotel as very good rather than excellent because as a Business guest it is not always guaranteed that the room will have a desk to work at, a source of frustration at times.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Gamal_Sadaka, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Graeme,

Thanking you for being a patron of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex hotel.

To learn that our team’s attitude and helpful nature shined since your previous visits is heartening and incredibly motivating for us as a team and it is through your valuable feedback that we will continue to improve.

We are really delighted to know that your most recent stay with us was an extremely pleasant experience and it was refreshing to know that our location is always to your convenience.

We remain at your disposal in making all your future stays a positive experience and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Email: sadakag@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Front of house staff were excellent, Celia was on duty when we arrived and at certain points during our stay, a credit to your hotel, couldn't do enough. The room was lovely, air conditioning a bonus. Breakfast was very nice with plenty of choice, again the staff on duty were very pleasant. Location of the hotel brilliant, with oxford street just around the corner. We would definitely stay there again. Thankyou.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mark,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments here on the Tripadvisor spectrum.

I was delighted to learn that you had excellent stay throughout, and that you made the most of our breakfast offering and unbeatable location. Celia is a great ambassador of the world class service we endeavour to provide to all our guests and your positive feedback will serve as a boost to our motivation and energy.

I truly believe that it is through our people that we can make a difference to the service we provide to our guests that make them choose to stay with us again and again.

Thank you again and I am looking forward to your return. My email address is sadakag@radisson.com, if I can be of any assistance on your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for seven nights July 16-23, 2014. I loved it! The rooms are large and artfully decorated, the air-conditioning was superb in a very warm and thundery London. The room was spotless and kept that way by housekeeping. Reception was warm and always helpful to me. I have stayed here three times and it has always been great. I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: I have stayed in beautiful front rooms only. Lovely.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 20HelenMarie
Dear Helen-Marie,

Thank you so much for returning back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex hotel once again, and for taking your time to share this lovely experience with us all.

I am over the moon to learn that you “loved” our hotel and that you have enjoyed the décor, cleanliness and location, as well as our friendly service throughout. We place a lot of emphasis in making sure our guests feel at home whilst with us and your feedback certainly reassures that.

Thanking you for recommending us on Tripadvisor, and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting an evening meal in the Scoff and Banter on your next visit.

With best regards,

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Sure, the rooms are cosy and the storage space is cramped, but the staff at this little hotel went out of their way to make me comfortable and welcome. It is perfectly situated for running around Hyde part – go at 7am to share the experience uniformed men on horses – and even more perfectly situated for Oxford St shopping. It’s a quick walk to the Marble Arch tube station and a few minutes longer to Bond St, although one tube line or another won’t be stopping there for the next few months. Quiet and restful, with the thickest curtains I've seen in my life!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Moeline,

Thank you very much for such charming review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex. It feels great to learn that our friendly staff went out of their way and made you feel being at home away from home.

You are absolutely right about our location, being so close to Oxford Street and Hyde Park, giving all of our guests many advantages when it comes to shopping, visiting sightseeing destinations, West End theaters, having all London’s key nightlife attractions within walking distance.

Myself and the entire team are eager to have you with us again and host another comfortable stay.

Warmest regards,

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great location, great staff, small rooms, high price. Nice fusion interior. Perfect restaurant. Walking distance from major attractions. If you are going to do some shopping - this hotel has the best location you could dream of.
Define what you need. I will choose this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Nadia899
Shyam_Antyah, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Nadia,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience with us and with the world.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and made the most of our prime location. It feels very rewarding to read that you will choose our hotel again as we put all our efforts in building strong long term relationships with all our guests Please do not hesitate to reach out to me on antyahm@radisson.com for any special requests that you may have.

Kindest regards,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stay at this hotel for work a few times a year and choose it due to is location at Marble Arch just off Oxford st. You would expect it to be noisy, but it is surprisingly quiet and peaceful in the room. The tube is right nearby and the best shopping in London around the corner. The rooms themselves can be very small and I am on my own so if travelling as a couple ask for a more spacious room with a King Bed. The one lift can be slow too so have patience. Some rooms use stairs to access them therefore are difficult if you have lugguage so again talk to the staff about easy access to your room if needed. Beds and pillows are comfortable and room service is effiencient and good quality. The hotel offers free wifi but it drops out a lot. Remember this is all about the location!

Room Tip: If you are a couple ask for a King Size bed room as the double can be quite small
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JoJoNicks
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a regular patron at our hotel. Indeed our location is unbeatable, whether one is in London on business or leisure. All the local amenities are right on our doorsteps and, as you rightly pointed out, the hotel is a calm retreat despite being in the midst of the shopping hordes of Oxford Street.

Thank you for writing about us and we look forward to having you with us in the nearest future.

Best regards,

Buckinghamshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Lovely little hotel right beside Marble arch - tiny rooms - lots of velvet and satin - tiny showers and baths - very new - everything very funky and luxurious. Breakfast was orderly - as much as you can eat of everything. The two grand poodles in the hallway are works of art - the desk staff helpful and attentive. Couldn't fault the hotel and seems reasonable for the price.

Room Tip: Very quiet rooms - all of them - great nights sleep
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank collyb
Shyam_Antyah, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to learn that you had a great experience with us and enjoyed the décor of this 'well kept secret'. Nothing is more important to us than a great night's sleep for our guests whilst in the warmth of our care. I hope that you will wine and dine with us in Scoff and Banter the next time you are with us. We serve Great British classic dishes with a twist, food feeds the soul and fuels the moment.

We cannot wait to have you with us again soon!

Best wishes,