“Great central location”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel
Ranked #364 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had to book a hotel for a last minute business trip to London and needed one a) in a central location and b) within the expenses budget! Thankfully this hotel checked both boxes.

Stayed for two nights in a single room - which other travellers have stated aren't the biggest, but I've stayed in smaller doubles in London! The price per night was £100, which again is pretty good considering a lot of the flea pits around King's Cross charge not much less than that.

The staff were very polite and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful and of a good quality. WiFi was free and very fast. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was at the rear of the building and was directly opposite some offices. Not a problem for m...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Gamal_Sadaka, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Drake,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your excellent experience with the Tripadvisor audience. I was delighted to read that you had a comfortable stay with us during your business visit to London. I was also pleased that we ticked the right boxes for you with our location, breakfast offering, staff and being great value for money.

It is really heartening to know that without hesitation you will choose to stay with us again on your future visits to London and I am looking forward to welcoming you again.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Booked last minute through their website. On arrival we got an upgrade. Although the room was small the whole stay was faultless. From the helpful and polite reception on arrival to the standard of the room. The staff could not have done enough to make our stay more enjoyable. Brilliant location right behind selfridges.
Would recommend anyone wanting a super location with top quality service to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Grace,

Thank you kindly for staying with us and for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

It was a great pleasure being your host and we are very pleased that you had a fantastic faultless stay. You can always count on our professional and dedicated team, who take great pleasure in making our guests’ stay most comfortable, and certainly your positive feedback will serve as a boost to our motivation and energy.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back!

With best regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 10 years. There have been occasions where the service or the hotel experience have not been great during this time, but my most recent few stays are evidence that a lot of work has been done to improve the attitude and capability of the staff team. My most recent stay (July 21 thru 23) was an incredibly pleasant experience from the moment I stepped through the door to the moment I left. The hotel team went out of their way to recognise me as a regular customer, checked throughout that I had everything I needed and of late have completely changed my perception about whether I would stay here out of choice rather than just because my first preference Radisson is not available. The hotel is well placed for Oxford Street shopping, the nearest tube station is about a 3 minute walk, and if you are prepared to walk 10 minutes off the main Oxford Street throng, there are some exceptional restaurants within easy reach. I have marked the hotel as very good rather than excellent because as a Business guest it is not always guaranteed that the room will have a desk to work at, a source of frustration at times.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Gamal_Sadaka, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Graeme,

Thanking you for being a patron of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex hotel.

To learn that our team’s attitude and helpful nature shined since your previous visits is heartening and incredibly motivating for us as a team and it is through your valuable feedback that we will continue to improve.

We are really delighted to know that your most recent stay with us was an extremely pleasant experience and it was refreshing to know that our location is always to your convenience.

We remain at your disposal in making all your future stays a positive experience and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Front of house staff were excellent, Celia was on duty when we arrived and at certain points during our stay, a credit to your hotel, couldn't do enough. The room was lovely, air conditioning a bonus. Breakfast was very nice with plenty of choice, again the staff on duty were very pleasant. Location of the hotel brilliant, with oxford street just around the corner. We would definitely stay there again. Thankyou.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mark,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments here on the Tripadvisor spectrum.

I was delighted to learn that you had excellent stay throughout, and that you made the most of our breakfast offering and unbeatable location. Celia is a great ambassador of the world class service we endeavour to provide to all our guests and your positive feedback will serve as a boost to our motivation and energy.

I truly believe that it is through our people that we can make a difference to the service we provide to our guests that make them choose to stay with us again and again.

Thank you again and I am looking forward to your return. My email address is sadakag@radisson.com, if I can be of any assistance on your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for seven nights July 16-23, 2014. I loved it! The rooms are large and artfully decorated, the air-conditioning was superb in a very warm and thundery London. The room was spotless and kept that way by housekeeping. Reception was warm and always helpful to me. I have stayed here three times and it has always been great. I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: I have stayed in beautiful front rooms only. Lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 20HelenMarie

Dear Helen-Marie,

Thank you so much for returning back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex hotel once again, and for taking your time to share this lovely experience with us all.

I am over the moon to learn that you “loved” our hotel and that you have enjoyed the décor, cleanliness and location, as well as our friendly service throughout. We place a lot of emphasis in making sure our guests feel at home whilst with us and your feedback certainly reassures that.

Thanking you for recommending us on Tripadvisor, and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting an evening meal in the Scoff and Banter on your next visit.

With best regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Sure, the rooms are cosy and the storage space is cramped, but the staff at this little hotel went out of their way to make me comfortable and welcome. It is perfectly situated for running around Hyde part – go at 7am to share the experience uniformed men on horses – and even more perfectly situated for Oxford St shopping. It’s a quick walk to the Marble Arch tube station and a few minutes longer to Bond St, although one tube line or another won’t be stopping there for the next few months. Quiet and restful, with the thickest curtains I've seen in my life!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Moeline,

Thank you very much for such charming review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex. It feels great to learn that our friendly staff went out of their way and made you feel being at home away from home.

You are absolutely right about our location, being so close to Oxford Street and Hyde Park, giving all of our guests many advantages when it comes to shopping, visiting sightseeing destinations, West End theaters, having all London’s key nightlife attractions within walking distance.

Myself and the entire team are eager to have you with us again and host another comfortable stay.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great location, great staff, small rooms, high price. Nice fusion interior. Perfect restaurant. Walking distance from major attractions. If you are going to do some shopping - this hotel has the best location you could dream of.
Define what you need. I will choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Nadia899
Shyam_Antyah, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Nadia,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience with us and with the world.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and made the most of our prime location. It feels very rewarding to read that you will choose our hotel again as we put all our efforts in building strong long term relationships with all our guests Please do not hesitate to reach out to me on antyahm@radisson.com for any special requests that you may have.

Kindest regards,