Royal Lancaster London
US$256
US$233
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$163
US$274
US$226
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Days Hotel London- Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$94
Orbitz.com
3,736 results
All reviewshyde parkisland grillpark viewpaddington stationlounge barcentral lineoxford streetheathrow expresslondon skylinesuperior roomafternoon teabuffet breakfastkensington gardensmarble archan upgradefantastic hotellondon eye
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2011

After reading some of the great reviews about this London hotel, I must add that we were very disappointed with our stay. Location, great you could not fault it. Reception staff, just ok....only seemed to provide assistance because they had to..little enthusiasm and bare essential advise.The rooms..well this is where the Lancaster fell greatly. Our small room was very pokey, but having said this....you really cannot expect a massive room in a London hotel. However, size aside... the room was very tired and in great need of a good clean. Walls were badly scuffed, furniture upholstery stained and dirty and overall the place was in desperate need of a good old tidy up and revamp.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bermimpibali
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Royal Lancaster London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the high level of service experienced by the majority of our guests. We work hard to maintain and improve on our high service standards, a process which is only helped by feedback from our customers, so thank you for taking the time to write about your stay.
Since your stay in July, we have made great progress refurbishing our guest rooms, and we hope that you will return to Lancaster London soon, so that we may have another chance to impress you. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to discuss your stay in more detail.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

I'm sure this is a good hotel normally, but I was the unfortunate one who had a couple of problems which are actually unacceptable.
+ location
+ breakfast was good

- none of the tv channels were working apart from foreign satellite channels. When I reported this to reception they just said oh we occasionally get problems at the moment with the switchover to digital.

- I wasn't offered a non smoking room when I checked in. I assumed that was because all rooms were non smoking. My room stunk of smoke and the windows didn't open. Not pleasant.

- I was surprised that my room didn't have a wardrobe or anywhere to hang your jacket.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Murnieks
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Royal Lancaster London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay, we appreciate all feedback and were very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your room.
All of our guest rooms are equipped with full-length wardrobes so it was surprising to hear you were unable to hang your jacket.
It is standard procedure to ask guests at check-in whether they prefer smoking or non-smoking rooms and we are looking into why this did not happen on this occasion.
Our records show that an engineer attended to resolve your television problem, we would be interested to hear your feedback on the service provided at this point.
We would therefore be grateful for the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail; please reply at your convenience to the email sent to you on November 4th.
With warm regards,
The Lancaster London Team

Reviewed 1 November 2011

The Lancaster is in a great location for accessing central London and is literally across the road from Hyde Park / Kensington Gardens. The hotel's public areas are plush and our room was clean and a decent size for London. The staff were smart and courteous. We had arrived several hours prior to check in to drop our bag off to leave us free to explore the Parks. This was speedily done,as it was the following day when we wanted to leave our bag after check out. Paddington Station is only 5 minutes walk away.
I had booked a package which was described as the 'Royal Albert Hall' package which included superior room with a park view and also drinks with canapes. We were going to the Albert Hall that evening and thought this would be ideal. I had booked 4 months in advance and had requested timings of when the drinks would be available so that we could time our departure for the Albert Hall. I also asked whether a gluten free diet could be accommodated. I never did get a reply but 8 days prior to arrival I received an email stating how much The Lancaster was looking forward to our visit and to just ask if I had any queries. So I repeated my request from 4 months ago. Again, no reply. Upon check in, as we had a superiror room, we were deemed worthy of our own personal guest relations deputy manager. I advised her that I was a little disappointed not to have recived a reply to my 2 emails and she said she would look into it with the reservations team. That was the last we saw or heard from her.
Anyway, our room did have spectacular views over Hyde Park and the London skyine, seeing Big Ben, Telecom Tower, London Eye for example, which are even more impressive when lit up at night. I did not see any of the rooms on the lower floors so can't describe what the views are.
We found our way to the drinks and canapes where the gluten free diet was efficiently catered for on the spot without issue. It was all very delicious, escpecially the squid dusted with parmesan! Thestaff in the Island bar were efficient and pleasant
We had to get a taxi to the Albert Hall as the park is closed at that time of night so we couldn't walk through it. We did walk back via the road which takes about 20-25 minutes.
All in all, a good value break but let down by a bit of customer service.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view but it will probably come at a premium.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justina59
LancasterLondonHotel, Director of Revenue at Royal Lancaster London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Thank you for choosing the Royal Albert Hall package, it is great to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. I am however very disappointed that you did not receive a reply to either of your email messages beforehand. There is no excuse for this lack of follow-up on our part and I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I have investigated and it would seem that we had some shortcomings with our automated emails and responses, which we will ensure does not happen again.
Thank you very much for all your feedback. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again to the Lancaster London in the future, and following our more recent correspondence, to personally take care of your booking.
Kind regards,
Catherine Bernard
Director of Revenue

Reviewed 1 November 2011

This was our first stop of our UK holiday and we are so glad to have picked the Lancaster. It took us no time to negotiate the tube from the station located next door and how wonderful to be across the road from Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens and only a short walk to Oxford Street. Conveniently located with a clean and comfortable room, definitely a hotel we would stay in again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your first visit to London, and for taking the time to recommend us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our convenient location and hope to welcome you again in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed here many times with work - has to be one of the best hotels in London.
Location is great - very close to Hyde park.
Very good restaurants and pubs near by.
good transport links - near Paddington & tube station under hotel.
Great Thai restaurants & bar in hotel.
Only negative - no gym - Bar ridiculously expensive!
Also don't be alarmed by the people dressed in white on the roof top below - they are not aliens they are just collecting honey!.....

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade to higher floors - Book the restaurant.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your repeat custom and for taking the time to recommend our hotel. It is nice to hear that you have seen our beekeepers in action! We very much look forward to your next stay; please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the meantime.