“Lancaster London - A great place to stay!”
Review of Lancaster London

Lancaster London
Ranked #229 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Brisbane, Australia
“Lancaster London - A great place to stay!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The Lancaster London is ideally situated opposite Hyde Park in the Bayswater area. It offers convenient access to the London West End that you would get in higher priced locations such as Mayfair, Knightsbridge and Kensington areas but for much less money.

The hotel entrance and foyer area is tastefully decorated and you would think you were staying at a higher quality hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful and everything was dealt with efficiently and expeditiously.

Considering London accommodation, the room was not too small and was adequately appointed. Bed was a good size although pillows slightly too soft for us.

We chose the WWW package which included free wifi and full breakfast for the duration of our stay. The breakfast was full buffet with a good selection of food. We also dined in both the Thai restaurant and Island Grill and both were pleasant dining experiences. Room service was also excellent with food arriving hot and in good time.

London accommodation can be very hit and miss and having travelled to London on and off over the past decade, I have learned that once you find somewhere good, you stick with it.

We will stay here for future trips.

1 Thank Clint G
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Lancaster London, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Clint G,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We are glad to know that you had a great stay. The WWW package is a very popular package and great value, we are pleased you enjoys all the benefits this package offers. Thank you for your lovely feedback about both of our restaurants, rooms service and breakfast, the Food and Beverage Management team will be pleased to know you had fantastic dining experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Thoralf Kretzschmar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (798)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was very disappointed with my stay which was booked as we were attending an awards ceremony at the hotel that evening. I booked a twin room and had checked five days ahead that my booking was correct.

We had arrived around 6pm and found room we were given was a double room with two single beds butted together. I asked if we could be moved to a twin room but the receptionist told me all rooms had been allocated (although not all guests had arrived).

He said someone would be up to change the configuration, however the room was small as a double and I felt there wouldn't be enough space. He assured me it would be fine. At the point I didn’t have time to enter into a debate so I asked that the work be carried out after 7pm as we would be at the awards.

We arrived back at the room after 11.30pm to find nothing had changed. It took almost 20 minutes for someone to attend to the changes and he kept disappearing to get various bits of linen.

I am a frequent traveller and often have to stay in London when attending conferences, however
I felt having paid almost £180 for accommodation in what was essentially a large cupboard was not worth the price.

Room amenities were adequate but not up to 4* standards nor was the breakfast. On a positive note the doorman on duty when we arrived could not have been more helpful; I wish that his sunny demeanour had rubbed off on other member of staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sapna_Hotels
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Lancaster London, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Sapna_Hotels,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding the issues you have encountered.

I am naturally very disappointed that your stay was rather disappointing due the arrangements of the bedding and the room. I would like to further discuss your feedback with you and hope you will get in touch with me at your earliest convenience under thk@lancasterlondon.com.

Once again, please accept my apologies for your unsatisfactory stay.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Haven't experienced such helpful-and friendly staff in a long time. Great hotel and great food in the restaurants.very comfortable rooms,can't wait for another excuse to stay here!!position is pretty perfect. Right opposite Hyde park.and walking distance to Notting Hill and Portobello market.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less road noise
1 Thank Gail D
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Lancaster London, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Gail D,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to read that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. Our chefs will also be pleased to know that the food was to your liking and that the room met your expectation.

We hope you have an excuse very soon again to stay with us.

Swindon
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed one night (9/11/13) Booked a double room (standard) but it was so shabby ( had the plastic on the
back of the bathroom door hanging off). Asked to be moved and were charged for the privilege!!

Breakfast was a nightmare, had booked b&b, but at breakfast they had no record of my having paid for breakfast.
Said I would pay again, this then escalated to the hotel having no record of my booking in the hotel!! Was made to feel
like an intruder.

Hotel is very shabby and needs refurbishing. Old style TV's, outdated furniture and fitments. Bathrooms that look 20 years old.
Definitely give this one a miss at £200 a night!!!!

Room Tip: Book in another hotel!!
1 Thank Shirley P
Dear Shirley P,

we are very sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience at the Lancaster London. Your experience by no means meets the standard and expectations of service we set ourselves.

I am disappointed to learn that your room was not in good maintenance. We usually would offer an alternative room at no extra cost if a guest is not 100% satisfied but in addition give an alternative of a higher room type to cater for any special guest requests such as park view or much larger rooms. Please accept my apologies if this was not the case in your situation.

In regards to your breakfast situation I would like to ask for further details in order to investigate this aspect properly. I would kindly ask you to contact me under thk@lancasterlondon.com in order to identify your booking.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies.

I look forward to hearing form you

Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The Lancaster London hotel is awesome. Literally 'behind' Lancaster Gate tube station on the Central Line, opposite Hyde Park and a 15 minute walk to marble Arch, this hotel is well worth staying at and a great location. I personally think it deserves more than it's 4* rating. Would stay here at any opportunity. The staff are helpful and the Nipa Thai restaurant is amazing, it really is, but book in advance to avoid disappointment.

Room Tip: Try the executive floor (18) if at all possible or ask for a Park view room, the view across Hyde Pa...
Ray H,

Thank you for your great feedback about your recent stay at the Lancaster London.

We thrilled to know that you had a amazing stay with us and loved the authentic Thai cuisine and service in our Nipa Restaurant.

The views from our rooms are indeed fantastic and we are glad you enjoyed your stay in the Executive Club room.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was at lancaster hotel in london with my family last September.We had a great time.The staff were very friendly...and we are going to stay at this hotel again in December!The hotel is in great location.I can,t wait for December..

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Lancaster London, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Bebe A,

Thank you for your lovely feedback about your recent stay with us.

We are glad you had a great time and our staff looked after you very well.

It is great you will be returning in December, I wish you a fabulous time once again in London and the Lancaster London.

Torphins, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Took my Mum to the Lancaster London for a couple of nights .
On arrival you walk into a beautiful spacious entrance hall ,with a warm welcome from the doormen and receptionists.
Our room was very comfortable with great views over London. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is in a great location,only 10 minutes walk from the Royal Albert Hall. Think it took us about 25 minutes to walk to Harrods.
Really look forward to another visit next year!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jilvic,

We are delighted your mother and you had a fabulous time at the Lancaster London.

Thank you for your compliments about our Doorman and the Front Office team. I will share it with both departments and I am sure they will feel great.

We look forward to looking after you once again in the near future.