Royal Lancaster London
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Rhodes Hotel(London)
3,735 results
All reviewshyde parkisland grillpark viewpaddington stationlounge barcentral lineoxford streetheathrow expresslondon skylinesuperior roomafternoon teabuffet breakfastkensington gardensmarble archan upgradefantastic hotellondon eye
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Very friendly and attentive staff, room immaculate with great views. Excellent location with tube station adjacent. Good value break ..booked directly with hotel which was cheaper than other booking sites, look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Royal Lancaster London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear mjb7,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that all aspects of your stay were to your full satisfaction and that you are already looking forward to visit us again.

We await your return.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My daughter and I had to book onto another hotel from where we were staying and found Lancaster London on ebooking.com. We got a fantastic room at the 16th floor With a spectacular view of Hyde Park, London Eye etc. The room was clean and Nice, the location Close to Lancaster street underground station was just Perfect for Our shopping tours to Oxford street. The personnel at the hotel were friendly and service minded. When we had some problems With the toilet it was fixed immediately. Can absolute recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Great view from the higher floors
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear 448KristinH66,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We are delighted you had a fabulous stay and that you enjoyed the view from your room on the 16th floor. I will share you praise of the staff with my colleagues.
Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was my wife and mine 7th visit at the Lancaster London. We like having our breakfast in the modern dining area with a view over the park, dinner in the beautiful Island Restaurant & Bar, and a drink in the cosy Lounge Bar. It is strange, that this nice hotel has such a windy and cold Lobby with no atmosphere. Our room was a bit worn down, plus the beds are for Hobbits. If you want a good nights sleep, you need to sleep with a pillow over your ear, because you can hear the neighbour guests talking, the noisy air con, the piping ventilation and the loud cleaners. After a few nights at the Lancaster London you really need a Holyday :-)

1  Thank danish4

Dear danish4,

Thank you for your review of the Lancaster London.

I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay was influenced by noisy neighbours and the A/C and our room attendants. I would like to assure you that sound insulation will be addressed in our upcoming refurbishment of the hotel. This refurbishment will also involve a complete lobby revamp, creating a lovely buzz and atmosphere.

We are glad you have stayed with us 7 times already and hope you will continue using the Lancaster London; get in touch with us going forwards to allocate you a quiet room.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I went down to London so that he could run the marathon,.

This hotel is really well located and very handy for the underground.

The room was lovely and the staff were great and so was the food.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as possible
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear ET0703,

Thank you for your review and congratulations on your husband running the marathon.

We are glad that our staff made your stay comfortable and that you enjoyed our food and beverage offering.

We hope to see soon again, latest for the next marathon.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've stayed there on December 2013 for 5 nights, the location is perfect the Lancaster station is just at the side of the building and very close to Marble Arch and just few steps from Hyde park.
The overall stay is perfect except I decided to extend one night so I booked online and then I went to the receptionist to confirm our reservation, she said we have to change our room (Park view) because the new reservation is city view and the initial reservation was park view which is more expensive, I told her it is only one night and we spend most of our time out of the hotel, the lady insist that I have to change my reservation (or pay the difference) or change my room. I didn't have another option only to pay the difference and keep the same room. I didn't like her attitude in dealing with the case, she need me only to pay the difference. I think when you have a guest who stayed for 5 nights you have to treat him/her politely. I was thinking to change the hotel even for this night because of her attitude, but my family insist to stay on the same hotel and not move on. I was expecting to get an upgrade of our room rather than asking for the difference.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
LancasterLondonHotel, Manager at Royal Lancaster London, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear roubey,

thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry to hear that you felt the receptionist was not as helpful as you would have expected. All our team members are encouraged and empowered to make a decision about room allocation, please accept my apologies that not more flexibility was shown in your instance.

I am however pleased to know that you otherwise had a perfect stay at the Lancaster London.

We sincere hope this isolated incident does not deter you form returning to the Lancaster London.